Rise of Shadows Launches Today! Here's Everything You Need to Know + Theorycrafted Decks
I've fixed an issue with Twinspell cards generating bad deck strings on the site.
Hearthstone's newest expansion launches today, April 9. Everything you need to know to get through today can be found below.
EXPANSION IS LIVE!
- The new Adventure will be available in May with no date confirmed.
- Another 135 new cards have been added to the game.
- For the next week you can purchase the "Shadow Bundle". It contains 9 cards packs and an Arena Ticket for $10 USD.
- You can view all the new cards in our dedicated visual guide to Rise of Shadows.
- You can come kill time with me and some HearthPwners on Discord.
- One Archmage Vargoth on login (if you haven't logged in and received him yet).
- A quest chain with card packs.
- The first wing of the new "Great Dalaran Heist" adventure, delivered in May.
Launch Day Goals
- Login to get your free stuff outlined above.
- Craft any golden Legendaries you really want. This is important due to the no duplicate legendaries rule.
- Open up your packs! You get a guaranteed Legendary within your first 10 packs.
- Share your awesome decks with everyone on HearthPwn via or Deckbuilder. Don't forget to write a guide!
We have three core mechanics in Rise of Shadows.
- Twinspell adds another copy of the card (without Twinspell) to your hand.
- Lackeys - Special token minions which are randomly generated through other particular cards. They are 1/1 minions with "devious" battlecries.
- Schemes - These cards grow in power each turn they are in your hand!
Year of the Dragon Begins
New year, new you! For those that play Standard, say goodbye to friends from the past. The following Hearthstone sets are now WILD ONLY.
- Journey to Un'Goro
- Knights of the Frozen Throne
- Kobolds and Catacombs
A reminder that this is the only set rotation that is happening this year, as always. The next rotation will take place in April 2020 and you can learn more about how set rotations work in this post from just over a year ago.
In addition to the sets above, the following cards have been sent to Wild as they were moved to the Hall of Fame set.
- Divine Favor
- Baku the Mooneater
- Genn Greymane
- Black Cat
- Glitter Moth
- Gloom Stag
- Murkspark Eel
The Arena is getting a massive change with the start of Rise of Shadows.
- We will now have rotating card sets for the Arena.
- The initial rotation of card sets will include cards from Basic, Classic, Naxxramas, Old Gods, Gadgetzan, Witchwood, and Rise of Shadows.
Reveal Day Stream
Theorycrafted Decks From RegisKillbin
Regis has been hard at working building ideas for the new expansion. Check out his concepts and expansion stream where we may see some of them evolve.
|Midrange Dragon Paladin||RegisKillbin||6400|
|Bomb Control Warrior||RegisKillbin||8520|
|Khadgar Summoner Mage||RegisKillbin||8360|
|Mech Deathrattle Hunter||RegisKillbin||5960|
|Control Hagatha Shaman||RegisKillbin||16160|
|Lucentbark Heal Druid||RegisKillbin||6680|
|Vereesa Spell Hunter||RegisKillbin||4140|
|Tempo Togwaggle Rogue||RegisKillbin||8000|
|Betrug Portal Warlock||RegisKillbin||6360|
|Demon Zoo Warlock||RegisKillbin||7120|
Theorycrafted Decks From Kripparrian
|KRIPP Bomb Midrange Warrior||Kripparrian||12960|
|KRIPP Jepetto Spell Hunter||Kripparrian||9900|
|KRIPP Silence Lady Priest||Kripparrian||7080|
|KRIPP Malygos Jepetto Shaman||Kripparrian||13140|
|KRIPP Undatakah Paladin||Kripparrian||10420|
|KRIPP Mecha'thun NOT DEAD Warlock||Kripparrian||11040|
|KRIPP Token Aggro Druid||Kripparrian||2800|
Theorycrafted Community Decks
We're shining the light on some theorycrafted community goodness.
Rise of Shadows Expansion Guide
Learn more and see all the cards in our dedicated expansion guide.
Get Cheaper Packs!
This section contains affiliate links. They help the site!
If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.
The best part though? You don't even need an Android device because we've got a guide to show you how to setup an emulator if you're on PC!