Hearthstone Specialist - The New Competitive Format for 2019
A new format has been announced for Competitive Hearthstone! The Conquest Format is being replaced by Specialist this year, and brings a form of side-board Hearthstone.
Blizzard says they are excited to see how it performs and that they are eager to implement community feedback as needed. Here's how it works.
- Players bring three 30 card decks to bring to the tournament.
- All decks must be from the same class.
- The decks are designated as Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary.
- The Primary is your main deck that you are bringing to the tournament.
- The Secondary and Tertiary decks must have 25 cards found in the Primary deck, with the remaining 5 being your choice.
- For the first game, both players must use their Primary deck.
- In following games you are free to choose your Secondary or Tertiary decks, or continue using the Primary.
- Your opponent will not know which you choose.
The format begins post-world championship.