Hearthstone Patch - Card Nerfs, Lunar New Year Event, Card Backs, Curse of Hakkar
A new patch has hit the Battle.net client.
Players on mobile will receive updates later today when they get approved by their app stores.
Card Nerfs Have Arrived!
The previously announced nerfs are finally here.
- [Discuss] Cold Blood - Cost increased to 2 mana. (Up from 1)
- [Discuss] Flametongue Totem - Cost increased to 3 mana. (Up from 2)
- [Discuss] Equality - Cost increased to 4 mana. (Up from 2)
- [Discuss] Hunter's Mark - Cost increased to 2 mana. (Up from 1)
- [Discuss] Emerald Spellstone - Cost increased to 6 mana.(Up from 5)
Lunar New Year
The Lunar New Year event has begun and runs until February 12th.
- You can buy a Lunar New Year Bundle. 30 Packs (10 each of WW, BD, RR) for $20.
- Logging in rewards you with a golden Fireworks Tech.
- New quests (datamining incoming) that reward Gold and Arcane Dust.
Curse of Hakkar Event
A new card back in a special event that goes back to the Corrupted Blood Incident. We've put up a Discord to help you find someone to play with.
Quote from Blizzard
The Curse of Hakkar is Upon Us All!
A riotous bunch of gladiators have been living it up with the loa in Gurubashi Arena since Rastakhan’s Rumble began . . . but not everyone is overjoyed with the glory heaped upon the other loa. You see, before the rise of the Zandalari Empire and King Rastakhan, Gurubashi once belonged to a very different kind of loa. Adarker loa . . . .
The blood god Hakkar!
Oh yes, Hakkar has dabbled in Rastakhan’s little game—but in his dark heart he dreams of a return to the glory days, when every sacrifice in Gurubashi Arena was made in his honor and he ruled over the Gurubashi Empire with cursed blood and an iron fist! Er, scythey-claw-hand-thing.
But he has a plan, and soon, Hakkar’s name will be on every gladiator’s lips—because his curse has been unleashed on Rastakhan’s Rumble!
A Curse Unleashed
A small number of rumblers have already been marked by Hakkar’s curse. If you should encounter them while playing Hearthstone, the curse will spread to you—in the form of the
Mark of Hakkar card back!
When you play against another player while using the Mark of Hakkar card back, it will spread to them, and so on, and so on—FOREVER!
How fast will Hakkar’s curse spread? How long until EVERY player in the Tavern is afflicted? That is up to you.
See you in the Tavern. Muahahahaha!
New Card Backs
Official Patch Notes
Quote from Blizzard
This Hearthstone update kicks off Lunar New Year with a bang and sets the stage for the upcoming Season of Rastakhan Tavern Brawl event. We also made some mobile optimizations and fixed some bugs.
Read on for details!
Lunar New Year
Celebrate Lunar New Year 2019 from February 5 through February 12!
- Log in during the event to get a free Rare Golden Fireworks Tech card!
- Complete celebratory Quests that award both Gold and Arcane Dust!
- Share spectacular New Year emotes!
- The Lunar New Year Bundle – Get 30 card packs (10 each from The Witchwood, The Boomsday Project, and Rastakhan’s Rumble) for a special price. Available through February 12.
Season of Rastakhan
February 13 through March 3 earn glory for the Loa—and card packs!—over three weeks of Tavern Brawls during the Brawl of Champions.
- The Brawl of Champions – A series of three special Tavern Brawls. Choose a rumble Champion and harness the power of each Loa’s Shrine to prove which Loa is the mightiest!
- Each Champion will have a new deck and Shrine each week!
- New repeatable Quest: For the Glory of Rastakhan – Play a Tavern Brawl 3 times to earn a Rastakhan’s Rumble card pack. Available each Wednesday when the Tavern Brawl starts.
- Earn up to three Rastakhan’s Rumble card packs over the course of the Season of Rastakhan!
- Fixed an issue that could cause cards that copy and set minion Health to a specific value to incorrectly activate “while damaged” effects.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Augmented Elekk to shuffle a copy of a card drawn by Tracking into the deck.
- Corrupted Blood no longer benefits from Spell Damage.
- Spellbender can no longer attack itself when activated by The Beast Within.
- Corrupting Mist and Reckless Experimenter can no longer incorrectly cause Immortal Prelate to be removed from the hand or deck.
- Fixed an instability issue that could occur when Book of Spectres drew multiple copies of Corrupted Blood.
- Fixed an instability issue that could occur when attempting to view an enemy minion as it’s being returned to an opponent’s hand.
- Gral, the Shark now works properly when executing its battlecry more times than there are minions left in your deck.
- Mecha’thun that has been transformed will no longer incorrectly play its original effects when destroyed.
- Astral Raptor Overkill animations will no longer play multiple times.
- Copied Zombeasts now correctly keep their Zombeast visual aura.
- The enchantments from Clutchmother Zavas now collapse into a single enchantment banner.
- [Rumble Run] Fixed a bug where damage from healing due to Bwonsamdi's Covenant was not properly being credited to the source of the damage.
- [Rumble Run] Fireslinger now stops casting Fireballs if there are no valid targets.
- [Rumble Run] Fixed an issue with Tribute from the Tides not granting extra battlecries if it was damaged while buffed.
- [Rumble Run] Casting an Overload spell while affected by Electra Stormsurge now triggers Overcharged Totem once for each cast.
- [Rumble Run] Fixed an instability issue that could occur when playing Bouncing Blade while the Pirate’s Mark Shrine is in play.
- [Mobile] To reduce the initial size of the Hearthstone mobile app, some sound files are now an optional download.
- [Mobile] Hand and mana are now moved aside when Choose One cards are displayed.
- [Android] Background downloads are now displayed as a notification.