Hearthstone Patch 12.2 - New Dailies, Hallow's End, Welcome Bundle, New Keyword, Bug Fixes
A new Hearthstone patch has arrived that makes preparations for the upcoming Hallow's End event, introduces new player ranks, a new keyword, and more!
- Casts When Drawn is a new keyword (phrase really) . Could this mean the next expansion will make more use of it?
- You can buy the new welcome bundle now to get some Classic packs and a Legendary dragon.
- Hallow’s End begins October 17 and lasts through October 31.
- A golden Witch's Cauldron is being given out for logging in during Hallow's End.
There's no 100% confirmation the Blizzard Events is the BlizzCon card back, but their "mystery" image in the patch notes has a BlizzCon logo in the bottom right corner. If it is the BlizzCon card back, the description is incredibly misleading. I recommend not buying the virtual ticket until they confirm the reward if it is important to you.
Quote from Blizzard
In this Hearthstone update we’re decorating the Tavern for a spooky Hallow’s End event that includes a special guest: the new Paladin Hero Sir Annoy-o! We’re also adding New Player Ranks, giving the Welcome Bundle a facelift, adding new Daily Quests, fixing some bugs, and more. Read on for details!
Hallow’s End Returns!
The Headless Horseman returns with a Hallow’s End celebration that’s trickier and treatier than ever!
- Hallow’s End begins October 17 and lasts through October 31.
- Get a free golden Witch’s Cauldron card just for logging in during the event!
- There’ll be decorations and special Hallow’s End emotes.
- Special Dual Class Arena
- The Headless Horseman returns to Tavern Brawl, and friendly foes from the Monster Hunt join us for a new Tavern Brawl!
- Hallow’s End marks the arrival of a friendly new Paladin Hero who will be available for purchase as a part of a special deal!
New Player Ranks
- For newcomers to the Hearthstone Tavern, we added New Player Ranks to ease you into the fray.
- New Ranks from Rank 50 to 26 for new players only.
- New players can earn a total of 22 free packs just by ranking up in New Player Ranks, so it’s a great time to introduce a friend to Hearthstone!
- Earn 3 free Classic card packs by reaching milestones at Rank 45, 40, 35, and 30. Upon graduating up to Rank 25, earn 2 Classic card packs, and 2 packs each of the most recent four Hearthstone expansions.
- There’s no loss of stars for losing a match while in New Player Ranks.
- New Player Ranks earn end of season rewards (the same rewards as reaching Rank 25).
- Players can skip the New Player Ranks (but they’ll miss out on milestone card pack rewards!)
- New players will can unlock Wild Format and Casual mode by reaching Rank 25. As before, Tavern Brawls unlock after achieving Level 20 with any Class.
Welcome Bundle Refresh
- This roaring deal includes 10 Classic card packs, and one of six Legendary dragons from the Classic set (instead of a random Class legendary).
- Even if you purchased a Welcome Bundle in the past, you can still purchase this one!
New Daily Quests
- "Spells are Fun!" Cast 40 spells. Reward: 60 gold.
- "Draw!" Draw 20 cards. Reward: 50 gold.
- "Full Northshire" Draw 30 cards. Reward: 60 gold.
- "Are We There Yeti?" Take 20 turns. Reward: 50 gold.
- "Time Warp Again" Take 30 turns. Reward: 60 gold.
New Keyword: Casts When Drawn
- This new keyword has been added to the following cards: Nerubian Ambush!, Burrowing Mine, Bomb, Ancient Curse, Spider Ambush!, Scroll of Wonder, Darkness Candle
- Innkeepers will now be able to select one additional Fireside Brawl from a curated library of brawls to offer their patrons during their Fireside Gathering events!
Moonwell Blizzard Events 2018 Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, November 2018. Acquired by participating in Blizzard events during 2018.
Game Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The animation when drawing multiple cards will now speed up after the first three cards are drawn.
- Resolved a disconnect that could occur when attempting to play cards while Myra’s Unstable Element is drawing a player’s deck.
- Fixed an issue where Countess Ashmore would sometimes draw fewer than the maximum number of cards possible.
- Earthshock will no longer sometimes deal damage to the target minion’s buffed Health total.
- Celestial Emissary’s effect will now be consumed by cards cast by minions in addition to cards played from hand.
- Sideshow Spelleater will no longer sometimes cause a player’s Hero Power to remain inactive.
- Certain minions are no longer revealed in the history when they are affected by cards that target minions in hand.
- A skull will no longer appear over a player’s Hero portrait when dealing damage with a weapon that makes the Hero Immune.
- Minion summoning Deathrattles triggered by non-death effects will now more consistently place those minions to their immediate right.
- A spell attempting to target Lynessa Sunsorrow will now correctly return to hand when she is affected by a previously cast Shadowstep.
- Flobbidinous Floop’s tooltip text now correctly details his ability.
- Using the Rogue Hero Power now correctly triggers Orgrimmar Aspirant’s Inspire ability.
- Fixed several issues where stats or keywords were incorrectly applied by Magnetic minions.
- Mountain Giant’s mana cost will now correctly increase when its owner plays a spell and it is counterspelled.
- Hero experience is now displayed correctly after playing a game with a deck created by Whizbang the Wonderful.
- Certain “While Damaged” abilities will now correctly activate from damage caused by Explosive Trap.
- Unexpected Results now displays the correct information when affected by Prophet Velen.
- The Darkness now gains Echo from Glinda Crowskin!
- The Darkness no longer advances Jungle Giants when summoned.
- Choose One minions that transform will now properly receive Echo from Glinda Crowskin
- Lifesteal provided by Zilliax now correctly applies to damage dealt by Deathrattle effects.
- Puzzle Lab: Fixed an issue that could cause the Restart button to become stuck.
- Puzzle Lab: Fixed an issue that could cause a crash.
- Karazhan: The Magic Mirror no longer uses the Heroic Mode version of its Hero Power in the Normal and Class Challenge versions.
- Naxxramas: Instructor Razuvious’ Massive Runeblade weapon now correctly deals double damage to Heroes.
- Fixed several UI, animation, and effects visual issues.