Patch 12.0: Boomsday Flavor Text, New Quests, Card Changes & More
A new patch has arrived which brings in everything for next week's Boomsday expansion. Come check out all the new details!
- Shadowboxer now correctly gives a full dust refund when disenchanted.
New Card Backs
New Brawl Chalkboards
New Flavor Text
Below is all the new flavor texts in today's patch. Find anything exciting?
Quote from HearthPwn
- Skaterbot - "See you later bot" - Jaina
- Bronze Gatekeeper - "You have my shield! And the rest of me too."
- Goblin Bomb - They're Dr. Boom's babies. His baby boomers.
- Bomb Toss - Me throw face.
- Boommaster Flark - Every good plan requires a bit of patience. And a lot of explosives.
- Venomizer - Keeps getting banned for toxic behavior.
- Fireworks Tech - She learns by trial and error. Mostly error.
- Necromechanic - If at first you don't succeed, die, die again.
- Weapons Project - Harrison Jones was kicked off this project.
- Biology Project - Step 1: Grow giant evil strawberry. Step 2: ???? Step 3: Rule Azeroth!
- Rusty Recycler - Ironic. It could recycle others, but not itself.
- Mechanical Whelp - "Well if I didn't build the whelp and YOU didn't build the whelp…"
- Rocket Boots - This is the happiest moment of Grik's life. We'll miss him.
- The Boomship - Dr. Boom ends his motivational speeches by dropping the mechs.
- Astral Rift - Let's see what's behind rift number one!
- Spark Drill - Preferred weapon of Dr. Boom's orthodontist.
- Stargazer Luna - She's Dr. Boom's right-hand mage.
- Faithful Lumi - They're a little light-headed.
- Toxicologist - Double-majoring in culinary sciences was definitely a mistake.
- Violet Haze - Elite Tauren Chieftain's next hit single.
- Academic Espionage - The tenth Pyroblast really felt like overkill.
- Elementary Reaction - It's just a Tempest Tantrum.
- Unpowered Mauler - After a stressful work day it really needs an outlet.
- Omega Medic - She feels waiting for healing makes you appreciate it more.
- Security Rover - Insecurity detected. Alerting hugbots.
- Extra Arms - All the better to hug you with!
- Spirit Bomb - Might take a few episodes to power up.
- Doubling Imp - What's worse than finding two imps in your lab? Only finding one of them.
- Beryllium Nullifier - Why Beryllium? Because it's hard to spell.
- Dr. Boom, Mad Genius - "Of course I've gone mad with power. Ever try going mad without it?"
- Myra Rotspring - On her first day on the job, Myra removed the smoke detectors.
- The Storm Bringer - Finally, Electra can work from home.
- Spider Bomb - Wrecks a dude, any size. Catches thieves, eats those guys. Look out! Here comes a Spider Bomb!
- Astromancer - All signs point to Antonidas.
- Luna's Pocket Galaxy - Luna became head of the astronomy department when her boss invented the Pocket Black Hole.
- Zerek, Master Cloner - His original name was Aerek. Then the first clone was Berek. They went evil around Merek.
- Soul Infusion - People called him a soulless monster. We're not sure this is better.
- Piloted Reaper - New facial recognition systems keep out the Lorewalkers and Doomsayers.
- Giggling Inventor - "I shall build a mighty golden paladin! And he will GREET the WORLD!"
- Nethersoul Buster - Why did the demon cross the streams? To get to The Other Side.
- Holomancer - Help me, worthy opponent. You're my only hope.
- Pogo-Hopper - Once you hop, you just can't stop!
- Necrium Blade - Grab death by the handle.
- Lab Recruiter - Join the chemistry lab! We've got all the solutions.
- Myra's Unstable Element - What could go wrong?
- Storm Chaser - Best drank after a stiff gale.
- Spring Rocket - Proper grammar would be "sprung rocket."
- Omega Defender - "Surrender. You have 10 mana to comply."
- Omega Assembly - They told Dr. Boom he could only pick one. He disagreed.
- Weaponized Piñata - It'll be fine. It's not like they have any reason to hate us.
- Secret Plan - The secret is... There is no plan!
- Juicy Psychmelon - It's not juicy at all. IT'S JUST MESSING WITH YOUR HEAD.
- Supercollider - Boom's Second Law of Motion: HIT IT VERY HARD!
- Thunderhead - Most of his friends are still Metalheads.
- Upgradeable Framebot - *Awesome arm not included.
- Replicating Menace - It's a car! *Whomp whomp whomp* It's a robot! *Whomp whom-CRUNCH* It's… three.. smaller robots!
- Electra Stormsurge - "The coin? You used me for THE COIN!?"
- Dyn-o-matic - Star player on the inter-office Boomball team.
- Brainstormer - Her hair was always like that.
- Missile Launcher - We asked, "Where do the missiles go?" and he answered, "Yes."
- Cloakscale Chemist - Her suit was fitted using a scale model.
- Landscaping - We'll put a happy tree right here... and give him a little friend.
- Tending Tauren - That racial bonus to Herbalism finally paid off.
- Dreampetal Florist - Unlike gnomes, dreampetals grow more than 3 feet tall.
- Mecha'thun - "Your software will fail. Your users will abandon you. You are already obsolete."
- Crystalsmith Kangor - He wants to tank, but Boom always makes him play support.
- Shrink Ray - Actually works by enlarging the rest of the world.
- Flark's Boom-Zooka - It used to be a Ba-zooka but we ran out of sheep.
- Eternium Rover - He's all beeps and smiles but you're just a walking pile of armor to him.
- Research Project - Abstract: Analyzing systemic applications of coldlight data sets vis-a-vis shuffle-related paradigms. Conclusion: Yay, cards!
- Meteorologist - Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. Why not BOTH?
- Whirliglider - She's on a bomb voyage.
- Dr. Morrigan - She will NOT STOP until she gets tenure.
- Gloop Sprayer - "Are you sure that's enough gloop?" "Hold on."
- Necrium Vial - Two near-death experiences for the price of one!
- Seaforium Bomber - Dress for the bomb you want, not the bomb you have.
- Flobbidinous Floop - Of all the scientists, he has the most knowledge (when measured in volume).
- Cloning Device - Zerek got sick of fighting over the remote.
- Prismatic Lens - Mined exclusively from the dark side of the moon.
- Goblin Prank - "Ha ha! Glork looks ridiculous! ...Glork? Glork?"
- Cybertech Chip - Goes great with Cyber-Salsa.
- Beakered Lightning - Working in a shaman's lab, it's important to be well-grounded.
- Eureka! - Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% drawing your Deathwing.
- Unexpected Results - Sometimes science is more art than science. A lot of people don’t get that.
- Ectomancy - "Zerek! Stay out of my lab!"
- Mulchmuncher - The latest advancement in hippo-botany.
- Void Analyst - Conclusion: Nothing there.
- Floop's Glorious Gloop - How much gloop could Floop's Gloop gloop if Floop's Gloop could gloop gloop?
- Mecharoo - Its project name was KAN-GA. The little one was R-00.
- Steel Rager - Rage alongside the machine.
- Dead Ringer - Shortstop on N'zoth's softball team.
- Topsy Turvy - "Help! I've fallen and I can't get down!"
- Glow-Tron - They tried for weeks to make a stealth version, but eventually decided to just let it glow.
- Galvanizer - Also known as a power zinc.
- Autodefense Matrix - We call it the bubble machine.
- Crystology - "The Light is neither a particle nor a wave. It's more of a juice, really."
- Glowstone Technician - "Windell! More light!" "I'm givin' it all she's got, Kangor!"
- Annoy-o-Module - Every ten seconds it asks if you want to update.
- Kangor's Endless Army - "That's three, Kangor. Three isn't endless." - Countess Ashmore
- Power Word: Replicate - Available as a bundle, along with Power Words: Detonate, Animate, Annihilate, and Paper Weight.
- Crystallizer - This elf's winning the arms race.
- Damaged Stegotron - Sadly the warranty does not cover fireballs or acts of Boom.
- Cosmic Anomaly - INGREDIENTS: STAR-STUFF, BLUE #1, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS.
- Voltaic Burst - Batteries have three components: Cathode, Anode, and Overload.
- Shooting Star - Literally starstruck.
- Explodinator - When it absolutely, positively, has to blow up overnight.
- Menacing Nimbus - Electra stores her elementals in the cloud.
- Bull Dozer - Leave them alone for two minutes and they go right into sleep mode.
- Microtech Controller - Best-selling author of "How to Make Friends You Completely Control."
- Omega Agent - They don't just find the truth. They give it a ten second head start, then hunt it down.
- Mechano-Egg - When you need more iron in your diet.
- Spark Engine - He goes by Bzzzzt Aldrin.
- Arcane Dynamo - We ran out of jars, so we started putting brains in other stuff.
- E.M.P. Operative - "I said this looks like a job for me So everybody just follow me 'Cause we need a little E.M.P. 'Cause it feels so mechy without me…"
- Omega Mind - Has a side-business selling her lipstick shade, "Omega Red."
- Loose Specimen - You leave Deathstalker Rexxar alone in the lab for TWO minutes…
- Zilliax - Everything but the kitchen sink. Oh wait, there's one on his back.
- Electrowright - Carefully assembled from two Electrowrongs.
- Star Aligner - "You're a Sagittarius? Me too! Just gimme a sec."
- Harbinger Celestia - She wanders realities, taking on many forms. One was a unicorn princess.
- Coppertail Imposter - It was fitting in fine until it gathered nuts and bolts.
- Celestial Emissary - Casting with the stars.
- Test Subject - “Now I feel... REALLY icky.”
- Augmented Elekk - Her friends call her "Shuffleupugus".
- Kaboom Bot - More Boom for your buck.
- Wargear - WAR! GEAR! What is it good for?
- Blightnozzle Crawler - "Well we HAD it contained. Then you went and gave it legs!"
- Reckless Experimenter - It's hard to call her reckless when it's clear she knows what she's doing.
- Zerek's Cloning Gallery - Cloning can be a jarring experience.
- The Soularium - Worst field trip ever.
- Subject 9 - The original clever girl.
- Crazed Chemist - You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps.
- Dendrologist - He's teaching his little buddy to talk, but all it says is, "I am Gloop."
- Demonic Project - Another group project where Jaraxxus doesn't do any work.
- Whizbang the Wonderful - From the prestigious Westfall Wonderfuls.
The following quests have been added to the game.
Quote from HearthPwn
- Description: You showed them. You showed them all!
- Note: Complete Dr. Boom's Challenges
- Reward: Cardback
- Description: Let the experiments begin...
- Note: Boomsday Project - Login Reward 3 Free Packs
- Reward: 3 Boomsday Cardpacks
Some Assembly Required
- Description: Play 6 Mechs.
- Type: Daily
- Reward: 50 Gold
Days of the Frozen Throne!
- Description: Enjoy some free cards on us!
- Note: days_of_the_frozen_throne_login_reward
- Reward: 1x Happy Ghoul
Plays of the Frozen Throne
- Description: Play 40 Knights of the Frozen Throne cards.
- Note: days_of_the_frozen_throne_1
- Reward: 300 Gold
Days of the Death Knight
- Description: Win the Tavern Brawl 5 times.
- Note: days_of_the_frozen_throne_2
- Reward: 300 Gold
- Description: Celebrate the grand opening of the Puzzle Lab!
- Type: login_activated
- Internal: Boomsday Project - Login Reward 3 Free Packs At Adventure Launch
- Reward: pack
- Reward Data1: 3
- Reward Data2: 38
Official Patch Notes
Quote from Blizzard
This Hearthstone Update charges the nether coils as we get ready to pull the big, shiny lever that unleashes Hearthstone’s newest Expansion: The Boomsday Project, on August 7! This is also your chance to participate in cutting-edge research: drop by a special Fireside Gathering for a Pre-release Event where you can open The Boomsday Project packs and play with your new cards before the official release! This update also brings Arena updates, game mechanics updates, and a few card changes, as well as some bug fixes and feature improvements.
Read on for details.
The Boomsday Project!
The Boomsday Project is an electrifying expansion for Hearthstone featuring 135 all-new cards, starting August 7!
Harness the power of SCIENCE, including:
- New Legendary Spells for all nine Classes!
- New keyword: Magnetic! Combine Mechs into more powerful forms!
- Omega cards that are ULTRA powerful when played at 10 Mana!
- The Boomsday Project's free single player content, the Puzzle Lab, opens on August 21!
- Over 100 challenging puzzles including Lethal, Board Clear, Mirror, and Survival puzzle types!
For a limited time after The Boomsday Project starts on August 7, log in to claim 3 card packs and a random Class Legendary minion (or Hero card)—both from the new expansion—for free!
Get 3 more The Boomsday Project card packs FREE when you log in after The Puzzle Lab launches starting August 21.
The Boomsday Project Pre-Release Event!
Attend a Fireside Gathering Pre-Release to open your packs from “The Boomsday Project”—and play with your new cards in a special Fireside Brawl—BEFORE the official launch of the Expansion! Learn more here!
- Offering rates for Class cards, including spells and weapons, have been reduced.
- Rarity distribution adjusted.
- This will result in Arena drafts having more neutral and common cards.
Be sure to read the Arena Developer Insights blog for details!
Game Mechanics Updates
Cards that create copies of other cards that are then added to different game zones have been made more consistent.
Whenever a card transforms it loses its enchantments.
- This change primarily affects the following 4 cards: Shifter Zerus, Molten Blade, Shifting Scroll, and Voodoo Doll. If the target of a Voodoo Doll is transformed or silenced, it is no longer destroyed by the Voodoo Doll’s Deathrattle.
Be sure to read the Developer Insights blog for details!
- Shadowboxer now reads: Whenever a minion is healed, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
- Shadowboxer can be disenchanted for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
- The following Minions have changed Type:
- Ghostly Charger – No longer has the Beast Type.
- Ixlid, Fungal Lord – No longer has the Elemental Type.
- Living Mana now reads: Transform your Mana Crystals into 2/2 Treants. Recover the mana when they die.
Days of the Frozen Throne
A chilly new celebration is coming!
- New quests with huge rewards!
- A free golden card!
- A new Tavern Brawl celebrating the Death Knights!
Added the following card backs:
- Dr. Boom’s Lab – Acquired from winning five games during the September 2018 Ranked Play Season.
- Boomsday! – Acquired from completing all of Dr. Boom’s puzzles.
- VanCardback – Acquired from winning five games during the October 2018 Ranked Play Season.
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Improvements
- Added new “Return to Fireside” tooltip for Fireside Gatherings.
- The Mac Client now uses Metal for graphics, where available.
- New Daily Quest has been added for playing Mechs.
- “Created By…” tags are no longer generated by the card’s last state before it died.
- Deathaxe Punisher’s animation no longer plays without a valid target in hand.
- Resolved effects and animation issues with Valeera the Hollow, Tess Greymane, and Shudderwock.
- Zombeast cards have rarity gems, and no longer appear to be collectible cards.
- Cards no longer display their yellow activation aura when their target can't be interacted with.
- Card backs now properly show their cardback outline effect when played by opposing players.
- Cards in hand no longer incorrectly overlap each other.
- Chameleos will now transform and clear buffs when the opponent has only one card.
- Chameleos will now copy stat buffs or cost reduction.
- When Shifter Zerus transforms into a Worgen card, the next card it transforms into will no longer keep those stats.
- Faceless Manipulator will now correctly advanced The Caverns Below quest.
- Gnomish Experimenter no longer sometimes plays his transform animation twice.
- Summoning Portal now properly updates cards that have had their mana cost set after it has been played.
- Headcrack no longer loses the Health icon assigned by Blood Red Apple.
- Minions buffed by Sneak Attack it will now properly gain Charge if copied.