Hearthstone Patch 10.4 - Special Arena Cards, Witchwood Pre-order, New Brawls, Free Card Packs
A new patch has hit Hearthstone today with some excellent changes and additions! Notably, you can now pre-order the new expansion, The Witchwood, in-game and there are some serious free packs coming to us.
20 Free Card Packs
The most important part! Now, please keep in mind this is all datamined information and is subject to change.
Datamining suggests that a special expansion event will reward players with a card pack for each daily quest they complete on a given day.
- There are 20 possible card packs available. Some of these may be a back-up in case they delay the expansion.
- Days 3, 7, 10, and 16 are all flagged to reward you with a Witchwood Card Pack
- The rest of the days reward you with a Kobolds Card Pack.
- "Enjoy this bonus for completing a daily quest!"
Not entirely sure if they have to be completed one day at a time or if you can let your daily quests build up and earn a bunch of extra packs on the same day. This should be announced in an upcoming blog post.
Special Arena Cards
Nine special arena cards have been added to the game. See our post on them, and a special developer insights video, here.
You can now pre-order the new expansion, The Witchwood, in-game. You get 70 card packs for the price of the usual pre-order 50!
New Brawl Chalks
Three new chalkboards have been added to the game. Caw caw!
Official Patch Notes
Quote from Blizzard
This Hearthstone update introduces pre-purchase for Hearthstone’s newest expansion: The Witchwood! This patch also introduces Arena gameplay updates, including all-new Arena exclusive cards that were chosen by the crowd at BlizzCon. We’ve also laid the groundwork for the new Hearthstone Year, optimized loading times, and fixed several bugs.
Read on to learn more!
Prepare to join brave heroes as they embark on a hunt for the source of an eerie curse in Hearthstone’s newest expansion. Read the official blog for more details!
- Pre-purchase now to receive 50 The Witchwood card packs. You’ll also receive the In a Dark Wood card back and 20 more The Witchwood card packs as a bonus! Use your new card back right away, and you can look forward to opening 70 card packs once the expansion arrives!
New Year Party!
- We’ve prepared a special event for you to celebrate the upcoming Year of the Raven! More details to come soon!
We’re trying out a new Arena format to make choosing cards more interesting and skill testing.
- New Draft Rules: Each pick in an Arena draft will now feature 3 cards of relatively equal power level, but mixed rarities.
- Picks 1, 10, 20, and 30 will continue to have a guaranteed Rare quality card or better.
- The increased chance to draft cards from the most recent expansion has been removed until the launch of The Witchwood.
- New Arena cards chosen at BlizzCon are being added to the Arena for a limited time.
- All cards that are excluded from the Arena draft pool remain unchanged.
- All the other existing Arena rules in place that affect appearance rates are unchanged.Bug Fixes and Updates
- Hearthstone now loads faster on many devices.
- Fixed several minor UI and visual issues.
- Players can now create Blizzard Battle.net accounts via Facebook.
- Rakanishu now correctly displays in history during the King Togwaggle Dungeon Run encounter.
- [Mobile] Alternate Heroes that you do not own should now display their names in the Collection Manager.
- [iOS] Due to changes in iTunes, it will no longer be possible to purchase one-time only items for multiple Blizzard accounts from a single iTunes log in. Each account holder must log into iTunes separately to make those purchases.
- [iOS] Older iOS devices are now more stable when changing menus.