Wild Cards Return to Arena for Wildfest - A Three Week Long Hearthstone Event
The Arena is Standard no more, at least for the next three weeks! Wildfest has begun which means Blizzard has cranked things up to 11 and all our "favourites" have returned to play. Here's the event rundown.
- Wildfest run from February 19 until March 11.
- Wild cards have returned to Hearthstone's Arena.
- We will see two different Tavern Brawls available during different weeks in the event.
- There are no free Arena runs, but there is a free entry into one of the upcoming brawls.
The Wildfest Tavern Brawls
We have two Tavern Brawls we will see during Wildfest. As of posting, we don't know when either will go live but without a doubt it will be on a Wednesday.
- Venture into the Wild - A brawl which contains pre-built wild-format decks that you can queue into the brawl with.
- The Wild Brawliseum - A brawl which is a mix between a Heroic Brawl and an Arena run.
The Wild Brawliseum
This Tavern Brawl is a cross between what we're used to seeing for Heroic Brawls and bits of Arena.
- You will pay an entry fee equal to an Arena run to take part in this Tavern Brawl.
- Using cards in your own collection, you build a deck for the wild format.
- Like Arena or a Heroic Brawl, once you lose 3 games in the Wild Brawliseum you are out.
- Rewards will be given to players based on their performance with their deck, equal to the Arena reward structure as seen below.
- Your first run of this brawl will be free! There's nothing to lose!
|Wins||Guaranteed rewards||Random reward pool|
A suggestion for free-to-play players like me and new players;
Try not to spend your in-game golds for The Wild Brawliseum too much.
I don't know how you enjoy in heroic brawl or arena but it is blizzard's way to make you spend your golds before the next expansion release and the wild brawliseum won't be like normal arena run. it is more likely a ranked run. so it is for more experienced players, not for arena players or new players or free-to-play players. Blizzard wants your money for next expansion so keep it in your mind and decide how you enjoy with your gaming experience. Spending your savings for not guaranteed old cards or Keeping your savings for upcoming expansion?
Blizzard always makes events like this (Heroic brawl, Arena events) before expansions because they want players to spend their gold before expansion. Thanks to this events players need to buy packs with real money for playing with new meta cards/decks and keeping their collection up-to-date so be awake !
Please don't get this post like an order, it is just a warning for players who could be regretful after substantial amount of wild brawlsieum runs. I'm conscious of that I can't decide how you play your game and also I'm conscious of that you can notice this situation yourself but i've just wanted to warn you anyways.
Going to play my Malygos Druid next week, most of the standard players won't have a chance, because they have no clue how wild is played. I think wild players have a good chance getting easy wins.
"All right, that only happens once in a year. Let's play some Wild Arena!"
"Now I remember why I don't play Arena."
There is nothing more humbling to me as a poor arena player than the two or three times I try arena per year!
Double checked against the normals. Looks the same.
Doesn't mean the drop rates cannot be altered!
And after the Wildfest we will get news regarding the new expansion? The new year of the animal X? The cards rotating to HoF?
At least they try to get people who are tired of standard.
I think animal X is a griffon.
Hope there will be a year of the spider.
Am I the only one who didn't receive a free ticket?
I didn't get one either for some reason.
Thank you for making it clear.
I wonder if this means regular constructed, or drafted from your collection.
Wild Arena showcasing exactly why it doesn't exist anymore. Roll Mage win by default without much thought behind it. Play any other class and lose horribly to Mage.
Kidding, right? Paladin is just as good. Also the card pool is so big you can win with anyone, I went 9 wins with warlock and hunter yesterday.
The Wild Brawliseum will be the single best way in history of HS to grind gold, provided you can assemble the top tier deck(s) and manage to play them succesfully.
This will be an interesting brawl, i would actually love to see some more in depth statistcs after its done, if Blizz would show them to us :o
One 0-3 later...
Wait, let me go again...
Another 0-3 later...