3 Free Kobolds Card Packs Coming in January for Daily Quest Bug
As a bit of compensation for players who aren't reliably getting their dailies on time, and as a celebration of the new expansion, all players are receiving 3 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs in the new year.
- So many dungeon runs being run impacted the Hearthstone service causing the issue.
- Your packs will be available through Battle.net gifting in early January. Mobile players can login to the Blizzard account site to redeem.
- Completing your daily is possible even if it doesn't display. Yes, you do still get the rewards.
- A long-term solution for the daily quest bug will be implemented in the new year. Short-term solutions are incoming.
See below for some tips on how to get your dailies to show up if you aren't seeing them on login.
Quote from Jesse Hill
Thanks for helping to make the launch of Kobolds & Catacombs legendary! Millions of players joined us to explore the vast kobold dungeons, and we hope all your adventures into the depths have been incredibly fun.
After launch, we discovered something not-so-fun: an issue that delayed some players from receiving new daily quests after logging in, largely due to the unexpected impact that so many Dungeon Runs had on our services. We immediately set to work investigating the issue and implemented hotfixes to resolve it. We’re still working on it, but at this point the delay is significantly reduced, and in most cases players will now see their daily quests immediately upon log in.
Due to the nature of the issue, some players may still experience a delay between 10-30 minute after logging in to get their daily quest. Here are some steps you can take to prompt the quest log to update if you are not already seeing new quests upon login.
- Check your quest log 10-30 minutes after logging in for the first time after quests reset. You need not remain logged in for that time.
- Manually refresh the quest log by pushing the Quest Log button.
- Play games in Play Mode or Arena (Note that Dungeon Run will not cause the quest log to update).
- Note: If you happen to complete your quest without seeing the quest log update, you’ll still be properly rewarded
We’re currently working on short-term solutions that should soon make these additional steps unnecessary, and we plan on implementing better long-term solutions in the new year.
We understand how important daily quests are to the experience of Hearthstone, and we’re sorry for any confusion or frustration affected players might have experienced. As a celebration of Kobolds and Catacombs and a thank you to affected players for being patient while we worked to fix this issue, we’re sending all Blizzard players three Kobolds & Catacombs card packs, for free, on us!
Your free card packs will arrive via Blizzard Battle.net gifting in early January. To redeem on mobile, just log into Blizzard Battle.net via your favorite browser. If you’re on PC, you can click the gift icon on the upper right next to your Battletag. If your packs don’t appear in-game after you claim them, please try restarting Hearthstone.
Thanks for joining us in the tavern, and we wish you warmth and joy for the holidays!