Patch 10.0: Kobolds Flavor Text, New Quests, Kobolds Brawl, 4 Card Backs, Datamined Info
A new patch has arrived with preparations for the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion! We're currently working on datamining, refresh this page for updates!
Obligatory disclaimer that datamined information may not be entirely accurate.
- Flavor Text for all 135 new cards!
- Cards backs for December, January, and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth.
- Quests for Hearthstone World Championship Daily Logins.
- A new daily for Dungeon Runs.
- Arena draft appearance rates have been adjusted. See official patch notes.
Reminder: Time is running out to pre-order Kobolds & Catacombs. Pre-ordering gives you 50 card packs for the price of 40! Limit of one pre-order per account. You will also get a pre-order card back! Pre-orders can be done in-game or on the BNet Shop.
Golden Card Animations
NOW LIVE: Do you like the golden animation? We've got them all available in our card database!
New Card Flavor Text
Below is all the new flavor texts in today's patch. Find anything exciting?
- Psychic Scream - Everybody! Hit the deck!
- Vulgar Homunculus - Fortunately he has an even number of fingers.
- Kobold Librarian - Kobolds sort books using a gooey decimal system.
- Dark Pact - "Don't worry about the fine print. Just sign here."
- Hooked Reaver - The hook is just an accessory. He can reave just fine without it.
- Fal'dorei Strider - What’s worse? Seeing the spider, or NOT seeing the spider, but knowing it’s somewhere in your deck?
- Cavern Shinyfinder - They call her the candled vandal.
- Kobold Barbarian - What is best in life? To make candle. To keep candle. To hear lamentations of candle-takers.
- Lesser Amethyst Spellstone - A purple stone Azari carved For dark hearts, craving, power-starved. The first to bow, the warlock Rin, Embraced the darkness, slew her kin.
- Bladed Gauntlet - CAUTION: DO NOT SCRATCH NOSE.
- Barkskin - Make like a tree… and gain armor.
- Ironwood Golem - Marketed as a "rust-proof iron golem."
- Lesser Jasper Spellstone - In ancient woods, elves fought the curse The demon’s shadow to disperse But hatred raged and frail souls turned Now horned and hooved their forests burned.
- Branching Paths - Three paths diverged in a darkened hall, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And got eaten by a slime.
- Astral Tiger - Astral kitty litter is surprisingly hard to find.
- Crushing Hand - Shamans always have the firmest handshakes.
- Kobold Hermit - To truly understand candles, it takes YEARS of quiet contemplation.
- Lesser Sapphire Spellstone - A stone of blue, embraced with glee By murloc lords beneath the sea Soon numberless they swarmed the shore First two, then four, then more...and more...
- Sewer Crawler - His clothing is "ratty" in more ways than one.
- Flanking Strike - Wolves to the left and arrows to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.
- Cave Hydra - Can be upgraded into a Cave Lurker.
- Wandering Monster - Not all who wander are lost. This one is lost though, for sure.
- Lesser Emerald Spellstone - An emerald stone for Tauren hands Who sought its strength to save their lands Their tribes now lost, their rage released Who’s hunting now? And who’s the beast?
- Rhok'delar - Rhok'delar is ready to Rhok'de'casbah!
- Potion of Heroism - Also known as "Liquid Courage."
- Lesser Pearl Spellstone - In ages old, when Ancients broke Azari of the Legion spoke To tempt the mortals: gems of power The weak succumbed, their souls devoured.
- Call to Arms - More personal than a text to arms.
- Explosive Runes - Sometimes it's safer NOT to read the warning signs.
- Lesser Ruby Spellstone - The final stone undid its master Spun into wards by nameless caster Azari wailed a savage roar Now sealed in nether, evermore.
- Shifting Scroll - Next turn, this is going to be AMAZING.
- Deck of Wonders - "Pick a card, any card. Wait! No! Not that one!" - Last words of previous owner
- Aluneth - PHENOMENAL ARCANE POWER…itty bitty living space.
- Scorp-o-matic - Back in my day, we had to manually scorp.
- Wax Elemental - Takes double damage from wick-based weapons.
- Ebon Dragonsmith - Having a furnace-mouth is really handy for a blacksmith.
- Corrosive Sludge - The result of centuries of terrible sanitation.
- Lone Champion - He is a champion, with no friends. He'll keep on fighting, til the end!
- Stoneskin Basilisk - He got that way from looking into a mirror.
- Arcane Tyrant - Tyrant is such a strong word.
- Green Jelly - This card really breaks out of the mold.
- Dragonslayer - A pair of stout dwarves nearly averted the Cataclysm.
- Toothy Chest - Do you want to eat an adventurer? I want to eat an adventurer!
- Sneaky Devil - The result of a tragic accident involving a Defias Thug, a Wand of Polymorph, and a bundle of Fel Lotus.
- Sleepy Dragon - Local villagers call her "Naps Under the Mountain."
- Hoarding Dragon - Keeps his two cents to himself.
- Corridor Creeper - It likes the smell of dead things, which is curious, as it has no visible nose.
- Furbolg Mossbinder - Behold, the unstoppable power of MOSS!
- Boisterous Bard - As a kid, she fought with rocks. Now she fights with ROCK!
- Violet Wurm - It's wurms all the way down.
- Gravelsnout Knight - The mole of La Mancha rides again!
- Carnivorous Cube - He's always grumpy unil he's eaten his first barista of the morning.
- Sonya Shadowdancer - Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like a 1/1 is watching.
- Fungalmancer - Fungalmancy is the easy major for those who can't cut it at Waxmancy.
- Raven Familiar - Quoth the raven, 'Does yours cost more?'
- Dragon's Fury - “C’mon Hucklemuck. She’ll never notice if we take just one little coin.”
- Silver Vanguard - Float like a Faerie Dragon, sting like a Hivequeen.
- Twilight's Call - If you’re experiencing resurrection sickness, press 1.
- Lesser Mithril Spellstone - To dwarves of stone the demon called With promises of might, enthralled In grasping greed they found their doom Forever bound in mithril tombs.
- Cheat Death - Reported.
- Dragon Soul - Crafted by Deathwing's goblin horde, but the dragon added the rainbow sparkles himself.
- Sudden Betrayal - You thought he was your bro-bold, but turns out he's your foe-bold.
- Elven Minstrel - "After that gig in Hamlin went south, I swore off rats."
- Evasion - Works on weapons, missiles, and taxes.
- Candleshot - Once called Cahn’delar, Shortbow of the Ancient Whisker.
- Lynessa Sunsorrow - A diet of pure magic is great for the complexion but wreaks havoc on one's mood.
- To My Side! - I hunt alone. Well, me and Misha. And Huffer. And Leokk.
- Feral Gibberer - It's certainly not civilized gibbering.
- Arcane Artificer - Ethereal armor dissipates in 6 hours which can cause extreme awkwardness for first time buyers.
- Cursed Disciple - Politer than his brother, the cursing disciple, but far more evil.
- Dire Mole - You especially don't want to make a dire mountain out of a dire mole hill.
- Unidentified Elixir - "Here, taste this." (Slurp) "What is it?" "I don't know, I found it in one of the labs."
- Unidentified Shield - The kobold stared at the bundle for a long time. “Ah hah!” he said. “It’s a shield.”
- Unidentified Maul - When all you have is an unidentified maul, everything else looks like an unidentified nail.
- Shroom Brewer - Side effects guaranteed!
- Possessed Lackey - If you don't keep up with your payments, it'll be a repossessed lackey.
- Oaken Summons - The Guild used oak trees until they all turned to ash.
- Crystal Lion - Standard issue recruit gear: 1 silver sword, 1 Lordaeron insignia, 2 bags of crystal kibble.
- Grizzled Guardian - Favorite sandwich? Grizzled cheese.
- Trogg Gloomeater - His breath smells like agony and despair, which is still better than most troggs.
- Ixlid, Fungal Lord - We suggest crafting Ixlid; he'll grow on you. Literally.
- Level Up! - Ding! Grats.
- Duskbreaker - Waking up at the break of dusk is just not as impressive.
- Primal Talismans - All that remained from the first kobold colony: a single talisman and the word "Flamestrike."
- Kobold Apprentice - Horrible secret: The Darkness is immune to Arcane Missiles.
- Plated Beetle - "Ok, your party has defeated the beetle." "I put it on my head." "What?" "I put it on my head. Like a hat."
- Kobold Illusionist - He can make ANYTHING look like a candle.
- Greedy Sprite - Sparkliest of the seven deadly sprites.
- Psionic Probe - She prefers calling it "Psionic Tickling."
- Marin the Fox - My name is Marin the Fox. You took my treasure. Prepare to die.
- Grumble, Worldshaker - The grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling, and out of the caverns the kobolds came tumbling.
- Drygulch Jailor - Hard time: 6-10 turns for candle-nappin'.
- Reckless Flurry - Look. Cautious Flurries will only get you so far in life.
- Gemstudded Golem - Perfectly accessorized to attract adventurers.
- Drywhisker Armorer - Kobolds use anything for armor: Pots, pans, garbage cans… even other kobolds.
- Grand Archivist - Qualifications: Found pointy hat.
- Rin, the First Disciple - Signed and sealed, she delivers oblivion.
- Voidlord - Never let it hold your checkbook.
- Gather Your Party - Thrilling adventure! Danger guaranteed! Loot uncertain! Death optional! Who’s with me?
- Healing Rain - It's filled with electrolytes!
- Guild Recruiter - The original telemarketer.
- Woecleaver - Turn that frown into TWO frowns!
- Kobold Monk - There is no candle.
- Hungry Ettin - How can he be hungry… if he's Ettin!?
- Fungal Enchanter - Qualifications: Born with pointy hat.
- Rummaging Kobold - "Broken longsword is brand new shortsword." - Kobold Proverb
- Twig of the World Tree - For druids who want to branch out.
- Shrieking Shroom - Auditioning for the next Fungal Idol.
- Benevolent Djinn - Wish #1: funnel cakes. Wish #2: funnel cakes. Wish #3: FUNNEL CAKES.
- Val'anyr - Recently unearthed in one of the deepest kobold caves. Traded for a large candle.
- Cataclysm - RUN FROM SKY CANDLES! THEY BURN! RUN!
- Lesser Onyx Spellstone - The trolls of old embraced the gift A jewel of black for daggers swift No party lasts who finds the stone Those wielding it soon stand alone.
- Skull of the Man'ari - Don't trust the skull.
- Unstable Evolution - They grow up so fast.
- The Runespear - When asked what the runes do, the tauren smith smiled: "A little of this, a little of that..."
- Lesser Diamond Spellstone - A diamond, white, this stone the eighth A precious jewel for those of faith A whispered prayer restores the lost But none among them know the cost.
- Kathrena Winterwisp - She’s not one of those treehugger elves – but she does like the occasional cuddle.
- Zola the Gorgon - Her name seems a bit cheesy.
- Murmuring Elemental - Déjà Dude.
- Windshear Stormcaller - Don't ever doubt Al'Akir's love for basic totems.
- Geosculptor Yip - Once crafted a gauntlet out of earwax and pure ambition.
- Seeping Oozeling - Uh, you might want to get that looked at.
- Master Oakheart - His adventuring party consists of Goldshire Footman, Frostwolf Grunt and Hadronox.
- Crushing Walls - "It could be worse!" "It's worse."
- The Darkness - I would rather light a single candle than curse the darkness. But I'm willing to do both.
- Twilight Acolyte - The dragons mostly keep him around as a snack.
- Void Ripper - You had to put the portable hole inside the bag of holding, didn't you?!
- Gilded Gargoyle - You hear a coin rattling inside the slotted gargoyle...What could it mean?
- Dragoncaller Alanna - Her secret is using a gentle voice and carrying a baggie of hotdogs.
- Leyline Manipulator - The shortest distance between two points is a leyline.
- Temporus - Follows adventurers, seeking the ultimate time magic: the ability to reload.
- Spiteful Summoner - Sometimes she'll summon a Doomsayer. Out of spite.
- Dragonhatcher - Which came first? The dragon or the dragonhatcher?
- King Togwaggle - Management of the Kobold Empire requires a careful balance between a lack of social services and fiscal irresponsibility.
- Shimmering Courser - A courser is a courser of course, of course, she's more of a unicorn than a horse...
- Kingsbane - But it has a soft spot for emperors.
Kobolds Tavern Brawl
- TB_KOBOLDGIFTS_01 "Look in the sky! It's Greatfather Kobold!"
- TB_KOBOLDGIFTS_02 "Greatfather Kobold will return next turn! Make some room!"
Fireside Brawl: Champions
- FB_CHAMPS_PAVEL_DRUID Pavel beat DrHippi in a mirror match with this deck. Watch out for big minions!
- FB_CHAMPS_PAVEL_MAGE Pavel's Mage had multiple close calls in the 2016 Championship with this deck. How about you?
- FB_CHAMPS_PAVEL_SHAMAN Pavel's Shaman was always banned by his opponents. But it's not banned here!
- FB_CHAMPS_PAVEL_ROGUE Pavel's Rogue can struggle against aggressive decks, but it still packs a big punch!
- FB_CHAMPS_PAVEL_WARRIOR Pavel played this C'thun Warrior twice in the Finals, losing to DrHippi's Warrior but winning against his Druid.
- FB_CHAMPS_OSTKAKA_ROGUE In the last match of the 2015 Finals, Ostkaka beat Hotform's Druid and was welcomed into the Hall of Champions!
- FB_CHAMPS_OSTKAKA_WARRIOR Grim Patrons helped Ostkaka win... even without Warsong Commander. That's playing with style!
- FB_CHAMPS_OSTKAKA_MAGE Ostkaka played this Freeze Mage against Hotform's Tempo Mage, burning it down with fireballs. Irony!
- FB_CHAMPS_FIREBAT_ROGUE Firebat soundly beat DTwo's Priest in 2014, achieving lethal with a miracle 12/4 Auctioneer!
- FB_CHAMPS_FIREBAT_HUNTER Firebat chose this Hunter to counter DTwo's Warlock, as payback for losing his Rogue deck...
- FB_CHAMPS_FIREBAT_DRUID Firebat started the Finals with his Druid... and never lost! He's the 2014 Champion!
- FB_CHAMPS_FIREBAT_WARLOCK Firebat's Warlock was banned in the finals by Tiddler Celestial. How will it do now?
As expected, new chalks have been added to the game!
New Card Backs
The following card backs have been added to the game.
- Description: It is better to light a candle than curse The Darkness. But you can do both.
- Acquired from successfully completing the Kobolds & Catacombs dungeon run with all nine classes.
- Description: This card back has already been searched for traps.
- Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, December 2017.
- Description: No matter the chill in the air, the tavern is always warm and welcoming.
- Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, January 2018.
Azeroth is Burning
- Description: War is a terrible thing. Although highly profitable for both red and blue flagmakers.
- Likely acquired from purchasing a World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Collector's Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition.
- Description: You came. You saw. YOU TOOK CANDLE.
- Completion: Complete dungeon run with all heroes
- Reward: Candle King Card Back
Kobolds & Catacombs
- Description: Begin a Dungeon Run.
- Reward: 1 Kobolds Card Pack
Kobolds & Catacombs
- Description: Defeat 5 Dungeon Run Bosses.
- Reward: 1 Kobolds Card Pack
Kobolds & Catacombs
- Description: Defeat 10 Dungeon Run Bosses.
- Reward: 1 Kobolds Card Pack
- Description: Defeat 5 Dungeon Run Bosses.
- Type: Daily Quest
- Reward: 1 Classic Card Pack
Kobolds & Catacombs
- Description: Monsters, traps, and treasure await…
- Internal: Login Reward 3 Free Packs
- Reward: 3 Kobolds Card Packs
Azeroth is Burning
- Description: Your recent purchase included this special card back!
- Internal: Horde vs Alliance cardback
- Reward: Azeroth is Burning Card Back
- This has a licensedetected trigger and belongs to the same category as the other Expansion Collector's Edition card backs.
- The likelihood of this being rewarded for the Battle for Azeroth Collector's Edition is 99.999%.
- Description: Your chosen champion at the 2017 HCT World Championship has earned you a pack!
- Reward: Kobolds Card Packs
The Championship Begins!
- Description: Celebrate the beginning of the HCT World Championship!
- Internal: HCT World Championship - Login Reward Day 1
- Reward: 1 Un'Goro Card Pack
The Competition Continues
- Description: The HCT World Championships are heating up!
- Internal: HCT World Championship - Login Reward Day 2
- Reward: 1 Frozen Throne Card Pack
- Description: The finals are here! Who will be the Year of the Mammoth Champion?!
- Internal: HCT World Championship - Login Reward Day 3
- Reward: 1 Kobolds Card Pack
New World Championship Table Backdrop
Official Patch Notes
Quote from Blizzard
- Don’t miss out! The Kobolds & Catacombs pre-purchase bundle will remain available until 11:59 p.m. PST December 6. This bundle includes 50 card packs at a special price and the For the Hoard! card back.
- Hearthstone’s newest Expansion, Kobolds & Catacombs, releases beginning December 7! Log in after release to receive 3 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs and a random Legendary weapon card, FREE!
- Kobolds & Catacombs introduces:
- Dungeon Run: FREE repeatable single-player experience where everything you need is provided!
- Legendary weapon collectible cards for ALL nine classes
- A new keyword: Recruit
- Two new card types: Spellstones and Unidentified Items
- In total, 135 new cards to add to your collection!
- Added three progressive Dungeon Run quests that each reward a Kobolds & Catacombs card pack*.
- Defeat Dungeon Run with all nine classes to acquire the Candle King card back!
- New repeating daily quest – Spelunker: Defeat 5 Dungeon Run encounters. Reward: 1 Classic card pack.
- The Hearth and Home cinematic has replaced the previous Hearthstone cinematic.
- Improved reconnection and UI for Friendly Challenges.
- A new Match Paused pop-up will display a countdown while waiting for opponent to reconnect.
- When a player reconnects, the turn timer will restart.
- The Game Menu will now display ‘End Game’ instead of ‘Concede’ and clicking it will tie the match.
- Arena draft appearance rates have been adjusted.
- Note: Non-Basic Neutral Classic minions represent the baseline for draft appearance rates.
- Basic/classic neutral minion: .5x
- Non-basic/classic neutral minion: 1x
- Most recent set neutral minion: 2x
- Basic class minion: 2x
- Basic class spell: 3.5x
- Non-basic/classic class minion: 2x
- Non-basic/classic class spell/weapon: 3.5x
- Most recent set class minion: 4x
- Most recent set class spell/weapon: 7x
- As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, we are making small, periodic appearance rate adjustments to specific Arena cards.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to spectate without closing the Arena welcome message.
- Canceling Malfurion the Pestilent will no longer cause Armor to become invisible.
- Attacks with Lifesteal will no longer create excessive animations while Auchenai Soulpriest and Bolf Ramshield are on the board.
- Multi-target effects with Lifesteal now apply their healing as a single large heal, rather than individually.
- All Lifesteal effects now use the same, standardized, visual and sound effects.
- Combo effects can no longer target non-interactable minions such as Sherazin, Seed.
- Brann Bronzebeard will no longer grant double Lifesteal to Corpsetaker.
- Blingtron’s Battlecry will now trigger weapon Deathrattles when it occurs twice due to Brann Bronzebeard.
- Minions destroyed by Frostmourne will now be displayed on its enchantment banner.
- Losing durability from Sword of Justice will no longer sometimes cause Lifesteal to trigger.
- Deathstalker Rexxar’s Battlecry no longer benefits from effects on an equipped weapon, such as Poisonous or Lifesteal.
- Unwilling Sacrifice’s random targeting will no longer select an enemy Spellbender that has intercepted an Unwilling Sacrifice.
- Granting a Deathrattle to Scavenging Hyena, then playing Terrorscale Stalker on it will no longer give it +2/+1.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when playing a Quest spell that triggers Counterspell.
- Cards transformed by Golden Kobold will no longer sometimes be revealed to your opponent.
- The animation for Frost Nova will no longer play multiples times while Moorabi is on the board.
- Hovering over a Quest in progress as your turn starts will no longer cause cards that provide progress toward completing it to lose class specific border colors.
- Replacing a Cursed Blade with a Cursed Blade will no longer remove the ‘cursed’ animation on the Hero portrait.
- Application of the Bolster buff will no longer be slightly delayed on an eligible minion that was played last onto a full board.
- Joust and other card reveal effects will now function correctly if your deck contains 60 cards.
- Shiftcon: Minions with a Yellow glow will no longer retain it when they shift into a new minion.
- Tag Team: Resolved an issue that could cause the match to end prematurely when swapping Heroes.
- Decks Assemble: Resolved a crash that could occur when the turn ends while your opponent controls Jeeves.
- [Mobile] Fixed a bug where card tooltips would sometime appear at the edge of the screen and get cut off on mobile devices
- [Android] Region selection on Android tablets will no longer sometimes be blank.
Missed - Burrowing Mine costs 6 mana now,
Probably Ambush! also have cost.
I'm curious did they changed "trigger on the start of your turn" effect?
How do i get this daily quest "spelunker" ?
It's Daily Quest so I believe it is randonly assigned to you same as other daily quests.
Something that doesn't show up in the patch notes is that they fixed the golden version of Nemsy. Her tray and hero portrait are now golden too.
Before the patch hit, the only difference between golden and regular Nemsy was that the golden version had a golden Hero Power, it was pretty lame and I was quite disappointed but I'm glad Blizzard noticed.
So, when is the expansion releasing? It has been december 7th for a while now.
That's retarded. Blizzard shouldn't say "Launches Dec. 7th" on the launcher if it isn't even launching the 7th.
around 12 PST as read in heartstone's official twitter account.
Today 12:00 PM PST ^^
I love the flavour of spellstones and how each of them was given to a different race to enslave them.
Reminds me of the "lesser" rings of TLotR, which were given to elves, dwarves and humans.
me too...I hope for another possibility to obtain it in future, like Winter Veil cardback
What a coincidence, patch for new expansion goes live and destroys the ability to get daily quests.
Totally a coincidence guys.
Just a random event happening at a really fitting (for Blizzard) time.
C O I N C I D E N C E B O Y S
I've got the new Spelunker quest (kill 5 dungeon run bosses), in EU where the expansion isn't out yet.
What a day to be alive
I LOVE dat spellstone flavor! A backstory worth diggin in
The mage Goldens are so good. Gonna have to play mage now if I get some
Agreed on all points. I'm tired of them introducing all these new keywords and card types and synergies only for them to only be around for one expansion. Literally the only new mechanics that has been used outside of the expansion or adventure it was introduced in were the dragons in your hand thing (in TGT and Karazhan) and Discover (just because of how generally useful and better than pure randomness it is). But there are so many more things they could've done with inspire in KotFT considering all the DK heroes have improved hero powers. They could've and should've also made Undead an official tribe with synergies for it, but no. Which probably means we are never getting it. I wish they would've done more C'thun cards as well (like some that give C'thun buffs on deathrattle instead of them all being Battlecry), but that's probably never going to happen either with Old Gods going away after Mammoth is over (since Team 5 seems to have no interest in investing time in supporting or re-balancing Wild cards). I especially would love to see more Adapt and Elemental and Quest stuff since I feel like they were all overshadowed by powerful singular cards like Primordial Glyph and Shadow Visions and even more so after multiple DKs brought new significance to the Gadgetzan highlander legendaries. Wouldn't mind seeing some new interesting mechs either...
Something to note: they also added, in Brazilian portuguese, a new greeting for the Innkeeper, which mimics the intro of The One Games' Erico Graça (a Brazilian HS streamer who died of cancer in September).
So...new patch comes...with no daily quests , perfect!Fits in with the inexistent craft system.If this patch doesn't confirm that HS is P2P i don't know anymore.