Mike Donais Talks Frozen Throne - Undead Tribe, Build-a-Beast Spell, Hero Powers
- The idea for a Lich King expansion has been one the team has had before launch.
- They're not excited about trying to make brand new classes due to it clashing with their philosophy behind class identity.
- Warlocks are getting some cool cards but they have to be careful.
- Warlocks have been strong since the start of Hearthstone with the exception of Un'Goro so they may need to slowly give them more power over multiple sets.
- The only characters reappearing as new cards during the set are the hero cards. This won't be an Old Gods corrupted-minions-fest.
- Mike Donais could see an Undead tribe added in the future. "I don’t think there are too many disadvantages".
- One reason why we didn't see an Undead tribe for Frozen Throne was due to them just adding a new tribe in Un'Goro.
- The Build-A-Beast Hero Power was originally a spell in the set.
- The new Death Knight Hero Powers were what they spent the most time on. Rexxar saw "maybe 10" iterations.
- An early Hero Power from DK Rexxar was 5/5 beasts summoned for each beast that died that turn.
- Another version of the Hero Power saw an N'Zoth-style effect where beasts which died that game were re-summoned.
Learn More About Knights of the Frozen Throne
Looking to learn more about Hearthstone's sixth expansion? Visit our adventure guide for Knights of the Frozen Throne!