Update 2:50 AM EDT: TGT, BRM, and LOE are no longer available for purchased on the Battle.net website.
Update 5:00 PM EDT: Added new strings for the 100th Tavern Brawl. Looks like it's going to be a mess!
Update 4:23 PM EDT: Golden Cards are now live in our database!
Update 2:49 PM EDT: Added new quests.
Update 2:34 PM EDT: Added five new Brawl chalkboards.
Patch 8.0 - Journey to Un'Goro: Card Flavor Text & More
The new patch which brings all the Un'Goro data to the live servers has arrived.
- The Grand Tournament packs can no longer be purchased.
- Blackrock Mountain and The League of Explorers can no longer be purchased.
- The Hall of Fame set has been added!
- Volcanosaur is playable once you obtain it from the Un'Goro login reward.
Reminder: Time is running out to pre-order Journey to Un'Goro. Pre-ordering gives you 50 card packs for the price of 40! Limit of one pre-order per account. There is a pre-order card back this time around unlike in Gadgetzan. You're able to pre-order on the Battle.net website or in-game.
- Happy New Year! (Un'Goro Launch Period - Free Packs)
- A special reward to celebrate the Year of the Mammoth!
- Rewards: 3 Un'Goro Packs
- Maiev Shadowsong
- Win 10 games in Standard Play mode.
- Rewards: Maiev Hero
- Free Card Day!
- Have a free card on us!
- Rewards: Fight Promoter
Check out all the new golden card animations in our database. Here's some of our favs.
Un'Goro Flavor Text
Below is all the new flavor texts in today's patch. Find anything exciting?
- Nadia, Mankrik's Wife - Congratulations on earning this super good card! We can't believe you solved the mystery! Enjoy dominating the ladder!
- Pterrordax Hatchling - Aww. So cute. Want to feed him another finger?
- Volcanosaur - Always fun to say out loud "VOL-CA-NO-SAUUUR!"
- Dinosize - Comes with fries and a drink.
- Ravasaur Runt - Doesn't like to adapt unless others are watching. Some minions are such show-offs.
- Sated Threshadon - Bet you can't eat just one murloc!
- Hydrologist - Murloc hydrologists are pretty rare. Most murloc undergrads pick computer science.
- Sunkeeper Tarim - Ironically, his favorite number is 4.
- Flame Geyser - Oh, a wise geyser eh?
- Air Elemental - Makes a mean puff pastry.
- Arcanologist - What did you draw? Shhhh… it’s a secret.
- Steam Surger - Explorers nicknamed him the Teapot Elemental.
- Mirage Caller - Mirage is actually the name of its long-lost cat.
- Mana Bind - Nice spell. YOINK!
- Volcano - Many young shaman summon a volcano as their first school project.
- Pyros - If you strike her down, she shall become more powerful than you can possibly… well, she'll become a 6/6 anyways.
- Open the Waygate - Although powerful, the incantation is simple. It’s just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right.
- Shadow Visions - This one’s a bird. And here’s a bunny!
- Binding Heal - By accepting this healing, you agree to the following terms…
- Crystalline Oracle - Being made of light has its disadvantages, but at least it's always looking on the bright side.
- Radiant Elemental - It's a literal lava lamp!
- Curious Glimmerroot - George promised to be good. But it's easy for little Glimmerroots to forget.
- Tortollan Shellraiser - A hero... In a half-shell.
- Ravenous Pterrordax - For better results, feed your pterrordax low-fat, high-fiber minions.
- Tar Lurker - Hi, Tar here. Long time lurking, first time taunting…
- Razorpetal Volley - The result of a fundamental misunderstanding of the phrase "flower power".
- Razorpetal Lasher - The reason why there are no zombies in Un'goro.
- Mimic Pod - Jinx!
- Obsidian Shard - You know you’re a Rogue when a sharp rock makes you go “Ooh! Dagger!”
- Biteweed - AKA Edwin VanLeaf.
- Vilespine Slayer - 'Cause slayers gonna slay, slay, slay, slay, slay.
- Sherazin, Corpse Flower - A Tortollan gardener's worst nightmare.
- The Caverns Below - Why can't it ever be The Taverns Below?
- Tol'vir Stoneshaper - He spends a lot of time keeping himself in stoneshape.
- Giant Mastodon - Still salty about it not being the "Year of the Mastodon."
- Stonehill Defender - Briefly tried stand-up comedy under the name "Stonehill Offender", but turtles are just too thin-skinned.
- Rockpool Hunter - Loves crab meat. Fears crabs.
- Vicious Fledgling - A youngster who is truly hungry for self-improvement.
- Eggnapper - Often misunderstood, it's just that he likes to use the eggs as pillows.
- Tortollan Forager - In the Tortollan tongue, Un’goro is known as the “Land of the Lost and Found.”
- Frozen Crusher - Goes by the online handle "KoolKrusher99."
- Thunder Lizard - What? THUNDER LIZARD is adapting!
- Devilsaur Egg - A key ingredient in all discerning Funnel Cake recipes.
- Fire Plume Phoenix - This is what happens when you use a volcano as a bird bath.
- Emerald Hive Queen - She rules the emerald hive at the end of the yellow brick trail.
- Giant Anaconda - Must be something it ate.
- Bittertide Hydra - It's actually only the middle head that's bitter. The others are sweet and spicy.
- Tortollan Primalist - I see pizza in my future.
- Gentle Megasaur - "Low, low rents! Must enjoy a nomadic lifestyle. Quasi-sentient, bipedal, amphibious humanoids ONLY!"
- Charged Devilsaur - What happens when a dinosaur mixes soda and pop rocks.
- Verdant Longneck - Always sticking its neck into other people’s business.
- Shellshifter - Master of the Three Shell Monte.
- Evolving Spores - The most powerful mushrooms are commonly found in boxes marked with "?".
- Earthen Scales - You can make your own Earthen Scales at home. Step 1: Roll around in the dirt. Step 2: Magic.
- Elder Longneck - And so the bartender says, “Why the long neck?”
- Living Mana - If you truly love your mana, set it free.
- Bright-Eyed Scout - Also inordinately excited for cupcakes.
- Jungle Giants - Forming the Golakka Crater was the end of Barnabus' disastrous career as a dancer.
- Primalfin Totem - Emits a sound only murlocs can hear, which is good because it’s REALLY annoying.
- Fire Plume Harbinger - Good for summoning elementals. Great for making s'mores.
- Glacial Shard - Ice, ice, baby!
- Stone Sentinel - He and his friends just want to rock out.
- Kalimos, Primal Lord - All that's missing is a little heart.
- Terrorscale Stalker - Likes to scare his friends half to death.
- Nesting Roc - Roc eggs are great in omelettes, sandwiches, and as bait to turn poachers into bird food.
- Emerald Reaver - Not to be confused with clubbing enthusiast Emerald Raver.
- Ultrasaur - Evolved the really long neck to spy on its neighbors.
- Golakka Crawler - Universally adored by both control decks and ninjas.
- Stubborn Gastropod - Stubbornly pursuing its dream to become Azeroth's fastest animal!
- Fire Fly - Arch nemeses: small children with glass jars.
- Stegodon - Level 40 Tortollan Paladins quest to tame a Stegodon. There are no level 41 Tortollan Paladins.
- Sabretooth Stalker - It's gotten a bit long in the tooth.
- Stormwatcher - Aspiring meteorologist!
- Giant Wasp - Float like a butterfly, sting like a giant wasp!
- Servant of Kalimos - He's doing his best, but his mom thinks that if he had just applied himself in school Kalimos would be working for HIM.
- Tidal Surge - Also good for removing pesky stains.
- Volatile Elemental - Currently in an anger management class with Raging Worgen, Grommash Hellscream, and The Angry Chicken. It isn't helping.
- Envenom Weapon - Like Deadly Poison, but deadlier.
- Lakkari Sacrifice - They asked, “And what must we give in return?” Gul’dan lowered his hood and answered: “Six… cards…”
- Cruel Dinomancer - As that old saying goes: "you don't get into dinomancing to make friends."
- Corrupting Mist - The most terrifying of Un’goro magics is both silent… AND deadly.
- Bloodbloom - Help save mana. Donate blood today!
- Lakkari Felhound - Guaranteed to track tar all over your carpet.
- Feeding Time - True, they're only 1/1s, but they eat as much as most 4/4s!
- Chittering Tunneler - Ear to the ground, he carefully interpreted the chittering noises: “You wanna cast a spell? I wanna cast a spell!”
- Clutchmother Zavas - A bit of a snob: still refuses to drive anything with automatic transmission.
- Tar Lord - Tar Lord, man... legendary monster? Aw, forget it.
- Hemet, Jungle Hunter - The goblin travel agency lost his luggage, but he's still having a great vacation!
- The Voraxx - I am the Voraxx. I speak for the weeds.
- Humongous Razorleaf - Loves goblins. In a light cream sauce.
- Igneous Elemental - We wanted to name him "Ingenious Elemental", but he just wasn't that bright.
- Shimmering Tempest - HATES being summoned for Kirin Tor party lighting.
- Blazecaller - For when a flamecaller just won't do.
- Primordial Drake - Before he became a rap artist.
- Elise the Trailblazer - Reno taught her that blazing her own trail is a lot more fun than following someone else's map.
- Tyrantus - Millennia of evolutionary pressures turned his species into the Faerie Dragons we know today.
- Free From Amber - Bingo! Minion DNA!
- Hallucination - It's the good kind of hallucination.
- Spiritsinger Umbra - She sees the fate of anyone she meets, but it's always the same: dinosaur attack.
- Ozruk - Between you and me, Ozruk is a bit obsessed with his body.
- Grievous Bite - Ooh. I'll have a bite of this, and of this, and of this...
- Jeweled Macaw - It’s not LITERALLY jeweled. The goblins were terribly disappointed.
- Tol'vir Warden - Ferocious in combat… and even more terrifying in pet battles.
- Raptor Hatchling - They’re just baby teeth. Lots and lots of baby teeth.
- Crackling Razormaw - Wasn't clever enough to go AROUND the electric fence.
- Stampede - Many hunters long for the pitter-patter of enormous feet.
- Dinomancy - Anyone can dinomance. Just put your lips together and RAAWWWAARGGGH.
- Swamp King Dred - Swamp King Dred, more like Swamp King Dead, amiright?
- The Marsh Queen - Question: What's scarier, one giant angry dinosaur or 15 smaller vicious ones? Answer: AHHHHHHH THEY FOUND MEEEEEE
- Explore Un'Goro - It turns out cards DO grow on trees!
- Iron Hide - Week 6. I remain covered head to toe with scales. They do not yet realize that I am not a dinosaur.
- Ornery Direhorn - "It's an herbivore. How dangerous can it be?" - Famous last words
- Cornered Sentry - The Draenei are seriously considering cancelling "Bring Your Murderous Pet to Work Day."
- Sudden Genesis - Being hurt can make you another person.
- Tar Creeper - If you won't come to the tar pits, we'll bring them to you!
- Molten Blade - It’s a sword! It’s a knife! It’s a swizzle-stick!
- King Mosh - He's a terror at concerts.
- Fire Plume's Heart - Why does an active volcano need to be defended? To save its ash.
- Primalfin Lookout - Lookout is a self-appointed title that's mostly an excuse to beat things up.
- Hot Spring Guardian - NONE SHALL PASS until at least an hour after eating.
- Awaken the Makers - They keep hitting the Snooze button.
- Primordial Glyph - It's the Ancient Tol'vir symbol for "Whoops!"
- Unite the Murlocs - Form feet and legs! Form arms and body! Oh. Sorry. I was thinking about Mechafin.
- Gluttonous Ooze - Three time winner of the Un'Goro weapon eating contest.
- Molten Reflection - Dang, I'm looking pretty hot!
- Vinecleaver - George and Karl! Thank the Light we found you!
- Spikeridged Steed - What beats cavalry? Dinosaur cavalry.
- Primalfin Champion - Sure, he'll return your stuff. OVER HIS DEAD BODY!
- The Last Kaleidosaur - “Impossible!” exclaimed the Silver Hand Recruit, his eyes filled with fear. Uther shook his head, turning the crystal until it caught the light: “Life finds a way.”
- Meteor - When you absolutely, positively, have to kill all the dinosaurs.
- Spirit Echo - I guess you can say they’re… “soul survivors.”
- Direhorn Hatchling - His mom could beat up your mom.
- Lost in the Jungle - George and Karl were never heard from again.
- Adaptation - Pray for salvation. If that fails, pray for extra horns or bigger teeth.
- Lightfused Stegodon - “Come now, Johnston. I think those horns are quite fetching on you.”
- Lyra the Sunshard - Arise, fair sun, and kill my envious foes. They don't have a legendary as beautiful as you.
- Grant Evolution - spicy
New Tavern Brawl Chalkboards
Five new chalkboards have been added!
Speaking of Tavern Brawls..
It looks like they're going to have something awesome for Brawl #100.
TB_100TH_RAVENIDOL_YOU You are playing the brawl Idols of Azeroth, which debuted as the 45th brawl on April 20th, 2016.
TB_100TH_RAVENIDOL_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl Idols of Azeroth, which debuted as the 45th brawl on April 20th, 2016.
TB_100TH_RANDOMONIUM_YOU You are playing the brawl Randomonium, which debuted as the 18th brawl on October 14th, 2015.
TB_100TH_RANDOMONIUM_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl Randomonium, which debuted as the 18th brawl on October 14th, 2015.
TB_100TH_BANANA_YOU You are playing the brawl Banana Brawl!, which debuted as the 2nd brawl on June 24st, 2015.
TB_100TH_BANANA_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl Banana Brawl!, which debuted as the 2nd brawl on June 24st, 2015.
TB_100TH_YOGG_YOU You are playing the brawl Servant of Yogg-Saron Tryouts, which debuted as the 57th brawl on July 13th, 2016.
TB_100TH_YOGG_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl Servant of Yogg-Saron Tryouts, which debuted as the 57th brawl on July 13th, 2016.
TB_100TH_PARTYPORTAL_YOU You are playing the brawl Party Portals!, which debuted as the 64th brawl on August 31st, 2016.
TB_100TH_PARTYPORTAL_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl Party Portals!, which debuted as the 64th brawl on August 31st, 2016.
TB_100TH_CLONEBALL_YOU You are playing the brawl Cloneball!, which debuted as the 52nd brawl on June 8th, 2016.
TB_100TH_CLONEBALL_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl Cloneball!, which debuted as the 52nd brawl on June 8th, 2016.
TB_100TH_SPELLBAG_YOU You are playing the brawl Valeera's Bag of Burgled Spells, which debuted as the 76th brawl on November 23rd, 2016.
TB_100TH_SPELLBAG_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl Valeera's Bag of Burgled Spells, which debuted as the 76th brawl on November 23rd, 2016.
TB_100TH_PORTALS_YOU You are playing the brawl Too Many Portals!, which debuted as the 7th brawl on July 29th, 2015.
TB_100TH_PORTALS_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl Too Many Portals!, which debuted as the 7th brawl on July 29th, 2015.
TB_100TH_SHIFTER_YOU You are playing the brawl ShiftCon, which debuted as the 55th brawl on June 29th, 2016.
TB_100TH_SHIFTER_OPP Your opponent is playing the brawl ShiftCon, which debuted as the 55th brawl on June 29th, 2016.
TB_100TH_RAVENIDOL_INFO_YOU Your deck is made up of 30 Raven Idols.
TB_100TH_RAVENIDOL_INFO_OPP Your opponent's deck is made up of 30 Raven Idols.
TB_100TH_RANDEMONIUM_INFO_YOU Your deck is made up random cards that switch their costs every turn.
TB_100TH_RANDEMONIUM_INFO_OPP Your opponent's deck is made up random cards that switch their costs every turn.
TB_100TH_BANANA_INFO_YOU Your deck is made up of random cards. Whenever one of your minions dies, you get a banana.
TB_100TH_BANANA_INFO_OPP Your opponent's deck is made up of random cards. Whenever one of their minions dies, they get a banana.
TB_100TH_YOGG_INFO_YOU Your deck is made up of random minions that each cast a random spell when played.
TB_100TH_YOGG_INFO_OPP Your opponent's deck is made up of random minions that each cast a random spell when played.
TB_100TH_PARTYPORTAL_INFO_YOU This player's deck is made up of random portal cards.
TB_100TH_PARTYPORTAL_INFO_OPP This player's deck is made up of random portal cards.
TB_100TH_CLONEBALL_INFO_YOU Your deck is made up of multiple copies of a few random legendaries.
TB_100TH_CLONEBALL_INFO_OPP Your opponent's deck is made up of multiple copies of a few random legendaries.
TB_100TH_SPELLBAG_INFO_YOU Your deck is made up of 30 random spells that each summon a minion when played.
TB_100TH_SPELLBAG_INFO_OPP Your opponent's deck is made up of 30 random spells that each summon a minion when played.
TB_100TH_PORTALS_INFO_YOU Your deck is made mostly of Unstable Portals, as well as a few extra cards.
TB_100TH_PORTALS_INFO_OPP Your opponent's deck is made mostly of Unstable Portals, as well as a few extra cards.
TB_100TH_SHIFTER_INFO_YOU Your deck is made mostly of Shifter Zerus, as well as a few extra cards.
TB_100TH_SHIFTER_INFO_OPP Your opponent's deck is made mostly of Shifter Zerus, as well as a few extra cards.
New Hero: Maiev
Maiev has been added to the game and will be available for ownership once Un'Goro launches.
Hero Background Music
VO_HERO_03a_START_01 None can escape my fury.
VO_HERO_03a_CONCEDE_06 Smart moves. I concede.
VO_HERO_03a_MIRROR_START_02 I am the iron hand of justice.
VO_HERO_03a_GREETINGS_03 Hail, friend.
VO_HERO_03a_MIRROR_GREETINGS_04 A pleasant surprise! Greetings.
VO_HERO_03a_THREATEN_05 You incur my wrath!
VO_HERO_03a_WELL_PLAYED_07 Well played.
VO_HERO_03a_OOPS_08 A tactical error.
VO_HERO_03a_THANKS_09 Thank you.
VO_HERO_03a_PICKED_11 Now is the time!
VO_HERO_03a_THINK2_13 I wonder…
VO_HERO_03a_Attack_15 Justice is mine!
VO_HERO_03a_LOW_CARDS_17 I'm almost out of cards.
VO_HERO_03a_NO_CARDS_18 I'm out of cards!
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_NEED_WEAPON_19 I need a weapon.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_NEED_MANA_20 I don't have enough Mana.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_MINION_ATTACKED_21 That minion already attacked.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_I_ATTACKED_22 I already attacked.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_JUST_PLAYED_23 Give that minion a turn to get ready.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_HAND_FULL_24 My hand is full!
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_FULL_MINIONS_25 I have too many minions!
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_STEALTH_26 I can't target Stealthed minions.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_PLAY_27 I can't play that.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_TARGET_28 That's not a valid target.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_TAUNT_29 A minion with Taunt is in the way.
VO_HERO_03a_ERROR_GENERIC_30 I cannot do that.
VO_HERO_03a_HAPPY_HOLIDAYS_52 Happy Feast of Winter Veil!
VO_HERO_03a_HAPPY_NEW_YEAR_53 Happy New Year!
New Card Backs
Two new card backs have been added to the game. (Low quality exported gifs for now, webm will be up shortly)
- The first is the one for attending special esports events - Thrill of Victory.
- The second is for the Ranked Season this May - Sunwell.
Blizzard has added in 9 new deck recipes, one for each class! No one could have ever guessed that.
|Minion (17)||Ability (13)|
Official Patch Notes
Quote from Blizzard
Hearthstone Update – April 4
This Hearthstone update puts the final touches in place for the Year of the Mammoth and the launch of Hearthstone’s latest expansion, Journey to Un’Goro! We’re also adding a new Rogue Hero, paving the way for Fireside Gathering improvements, and fixing a few bugs.
Read on to learn more!
The Journey to Un’Goro takes brave explorers on an expedition to a primordial land packed with wonders. . . and danger! It introduces 135 all-new cards—including crackling elementals, gigantic dinosaurs, and a new card type: Quests!
This update completes preparations for the Year of the Mammoth. The new Hearthstone year begins once Journey to Un’Goro goes live!
Maiev Shadowsong, a new Rogue Hero, has emerged from the shadows! Win 10 Standard Ranked or Casual mode games after Journey to Un’Goro launches to add her to your collection.
This update adds functionality to support the upcoming Fireside Gatherings Tavern closed beta test.
Participation in the closed beta test will be limited to select Fireside Gatherings initially, but we’ll be expanding Taverns to everyone once this phase of testing is complete!
Taverns UI elements may be present, but non-functional, for some players while this test is under way.
A new tooltip displays the number of cards in your hand.
Improved consistency of some card text.
[Android] You can now download Hearthstone data directly to an SD card during initial installation.
Jade Spirit will now correctly appear in searches using the term “Jade Golem”.
When Herald Volazj copies a silenced minion, the copies it creates will now correctly also be silenced.
Resolved an issue that would make it impossible to cast a spell that costs Health to kill your Hero, even while immune.
Resolved an issue that would cause casting a 0 mana cost Jade Blossom to still sometimes consume mana.
Nozdormu’s sandstorm visual will no longer persist if he is returned to a player’s hand.
Resolved several minor UI and graphics issue
Introducing Twitch Crates
Now, when a streamer is playing a game available on Twitch, you’ll be able to purchase it directly from his or her channel page.