Spellbook Duel is This Week's Brawl!
Choose your spellbook carefully, champion! Pick 10 cards, and anytime you would draw a card, you instead Discover a copy of a card from your deck.
- This is a brand new brawl!
- Think of your deck as a Discover pool which won't deplete on activation of the effect. Removing and Adding to this pool is possible. A lot of Brawls have multiplied cards in your initial deck to get it up to 30 cards, that isn't the case here which makes it unique.
How it Works
- Choose a class.
- From your chosen class, pick 10 cards from your collection to put into your deck.
- You may only have 1 of each card in your created deck.
- Each time you draw your initial card, you will instead use the Discover mechanic to pick a card from your deck.
- If you draw a card through a card effect, you don't immediately gain the Discover window. You must spend 1 mana to Discover that card though Peruse.
This is just a sampling of some of the fun card interactions we have with this brawl.
- You can add more cards to your deck. Playing a card like Jade Idol will give you 3 copies of it, which will increase your chances during Discover of seeing another Jade Idol.
- Tracking will actually remove 2 cards from your Discover pool. Choose wisely, hero!
- Fel Reaver will also remove cards from the Discover pool. Mages be warned, you can get this from Firelands Portal.
- Reno Jackson and the other Reno-style cards will always work unless dupe cards are added to your deck.
- Beneath the Grounds.. yep. It ruins your opponent's Discover pool (And Reno potential) with Ambush being tossed in.
Discuss This Week's Brawl
Head on over to the forums to discuss this brawl!