5,000 Hearthstone Beta Key Giveaway
Our overlords at Curse.com are holding a Hearthstone Beta Key Giveaway! There's a total of 5,000 keys up for grabs and by signing up, you'll earn yourself an entry into the giveaway. There are a few extra ways to earn additional entries into the giveaway by following various social media profiles, including the official hearthstone Twitter account, so if you've got social media accounts, you should give us all the follows!
Hearthstone Feedback Survey Details
Blizzard starting sending out emails this evening with a link to a feedback survey for players in the Hearthstone beta test to complete. The survey was what you would normally expect out of a beta test survey, but there were some questions that really stood out.
There was a question on the survey collecting data on which of the following features players would be "excited about Blizzard adding to Hearthstone". Note that these are all things that have been suggested to the Hearthstone team either at least a million times, and they're just trying to get an idea of what they really need to focus on first. *cough* spectator mode *cough*
- Chat channels beyond the emotes.
- "Observer" mode, allowing you to view live battles.
- A "play again" option after a battle has concluded.
- Additional, in-depth tutorials.
- Recorded replay of your last match.
- The ability to reorder cards in your hand.
- Raids (cooperative play vs a single, powerful boss).
- More in-depth display of achievements and statistics.
- Set up multiple profiles within one Hearthstone account.
- Ability to replay the tutorial.
- Friends list tie-in with social media.
- Paid tournaments.
Future Paid Content
There was also a question on the survey asking beta tested how interested they would be in paying for the following forms of content.
- New themed battle boards.
- New card sets.
- Additional deck slots.
- New card back artwork.
- Additional in-game emotes.
- New art for each hero class.
Hearthstone NA & EU Top 50
Blizzard released updates to the Top 50 players in each region!
Golden Arena Cards?
We've been looking into this - it's a cool idea to have your Golden cards show up in Arena if you've been lucky or diligent enough to acquire them. We've been looking ways to make golden cards feel more meaningful. (Besides the fact that they have totally awesome animations!)
NA & EU Beta Opt-In Waves
Both North America and Europe received an opt-in wave for Hearthstone today. Congratulations to everyone who got in!
A wave of beta opt-in invites for the European region went out this morning and should now have concluded.
A wave of beta opt-in invites for the North American region just went out and should conclude within the next 30 minutes.
As always, please be sure to check your spam folders and Promotions tabs, as these emails have a tendency to be caught in those folders.