NOTICE: Innkeeper won't be updated tonight due to an issue with our signing certificate. We'll get an update out as soon as possible! We will be posting an unsigned Innkeeper installation later this evening. Please visit this forum thread for more information.
Hearthstone Patch 7.0 - Gadgetzan! Card Flavor Text, & More!
A new patch has been deployed to live realms. Gadgetzan has arrived to the client but the new cards will not be able to be crafted or opened from packs until Thursday, December 1st (PST, Blizzard Time).
Reminder: Time is running out to pre-order Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. Pre-ordering gives you 50 card packs for the price of 40! Limit of one pre-order per account. It's worth noting that there is no pre-order card back this time around. You're also only able to pre-order on the Battle.net website!
It looks like we're getting some free card packs! There are also a couple of quests which appear to be placeholders.
- Join the Goons - Win 3 games as a Hunter, Paladin, or Warrior.
- Rewards 2 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Packs
- Join the Jade Lotus - Win 3 games as a Druid, Rogue, or Shaman.
- Rewards 2 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Packs
- Join the Kabal - Win 3 games as a Mage, Priest, or Warlock.
- Rewards 2 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Packs
- Wise Beyond Your Years - Reach Legend 1,000,000 times.
- Rewards 1 Gold
- A Job for Ya' - Destroy 100,000 minions.
- Rewards 1 Gold
Check out all the golden animations over on our card database!
Gadgetzan Flavor Text
All the flavor text of the new cards can be found below!
Quote from HearthPwn
- Street Trickster - His first trick: making your wallet disappear!
- Red Mana Wyrm - It has double the Attack. "Go on." And double the Health. "Yes??" And its trigger has twice the effect. "WHAT???" And it costs… Five times more.
- Jinyu Waterspeaker - Waterspeakers can tell the future! So the Jade Lotus employs them to speculate on the Auction House.
- Kooky Chemist - #abs
- Blubber Baron - When oil, railroad, steel, robber, and red are all already taken, your options are limited.
- Grimestreet Protector - Some new asphalt should do the trick.
- Volcanic Potion - The secret ingredient in Kazakus's award-winning chili recipe.
- Kabal Lackey - I'll tell you one thing he doesn't lack: GUMPTION.
- Raza the Chained - "Could you do me a favor and get the keys from Kazakus?"
- Freezing Potion - This is delicious! Oh no. BRAIN FREEEEEEEZE!
- Wind-up Burglebot - Don't blame the bot for his crimes... Blame whoever keeps winding him up!
- Hidden Cache - There is an urban legend that the first Toxic Sewer Ooze was born because a rookie Goon stashed an open container of milk in a Hidden Cache.
- Hozen Healer - He didn't go to school for healing, but we keep losing all the good healers to Ratchet, so I guess we'll take him.
- Public Defender - Happy to defend any public offender!
- Smuggler's Run - One of the most famous busts in Gadgetzan’s history happened on Smuggler’s Run, where Sergeant Sally apprehended a cadre of Grimy Goons transporting a massive number of illegal fish heads.
- Jade Idol - Shuffle or no guts.
- Potion of Madness - You'd be insane NOT to drink it!
- Greater Healing Potion - Filled with electrolytes!
- Drakonid Operative - His job is to spy on the Goons and the Jade Lotus, but he's OBVIOUSLY a dragon so it's pretty hard work.
- Mana Geode - Gadgetzan, where even the pet rocks have pet rocks.
- Fel Orc Soulfiend - "Doc says the persistent burning sensation in my soul is probably just an ulcer."
- Crystalweaver - The trick is soaking the crystals in warm milk to soften them up.
- Bloodfury Potion - You know what really makes my blood boil? The skyrocketing price of Bloodfury potions!
- Mark of the Lotus - The mark of the Lotus is a little flower drawn in permanent marker on the ankle.
- Pilfered Power - The Hozen don't get paid much, but at least they get to keep any excess mana.
- Celestial Dreamer - If you think her job is easy, YOU try falling asleep on cue.
- Kabal Chemist - Sure you could have that Polymorph potion, but wouldn't you rather have this mystery potion? It could be anything. Even a Polymorph potion!
- Kazakus - The mysterious leader of the Kabal is NOT a dragon, and does NOT deal in illegal potions. Any public statements to the contrary will be met with litigation and Dragonfire Potions.
- Potion of Polymorph - Tastes like Baaaaananas.
- Greater Arcane Missiles - Wow, and I thought Arcane Missiles was great!
- Kun the Forgotten King - Aya siphons a bit of Kun's soul to animate each golem in her Jade army. To his credit, he's being a great sport about it.
- Call in the Finishers - When you really need a job done… but you don't really care if it gets done right.
- Jade Chieftain - Seeing his Jade Golem grow up into the tall, handsome 6/6 standing before him was the proudest moment of his life.
- Finders Keepers - INFINITE LOOP!
- Alleycat - To be a cool cat in Gadgetzan, you gotta have bling.
- Rat Pack - He's gonna do it his way.
- Kabal Talonpriest - Inkmaster Solia had to figure out how to tatoo feathers.
- Counterfeit Coin - There is something funny about this coin… can't quite put my finger on it…
- Brass Knuckles - For the goon that wants to make a fashion statement.
- Lotus Assassin - For 5000g, you can just give the Jade Lotus any name and they will assassinate and/or embarrass them.
- Jade Lightning - Jade Lightning, goooo Jade Lightning!
- Shadow Rager - WE WENT THERE!
- Patches the Pirate - What do sailors yell when Patches steals their treasure chest full of laws and other things being transported to parliament for a vote? "The Eyes have it!"
- Grimestreet Enforcer - "Sir, you don't have a permit to park your mount here."
- Grimestreet Informant - "Naw, naw. You're talkin' about Grime BOULEVARD. I ain't know nuthin' 'bout that."
- Hobart Grapplehammer - Grapplehammer is the horrible mind behind the Automatic Piranaha Launcher (banned in 7 districts)!
- White Eyes - My life for Aya!
- Backstreet Leper - Quit playing games with his heart. And his fingers. And foot. It's rude.
- Blowgill Sniper - Imagine how much further his darts would go if he had lungs instead of gills!
- Big-Time Racketeer - "It'd be a shame if someone disenchanted those Legendaries."
- Kabal Courier - Hey, you park your kodo under a harpy nest, you get what you deserve.
- Felfire Potion - Kazakus has a squad of imps bottling Felfire round-the-clock and he *still* can't keep up with demand.
- Jade Blossom - Meditating under a jade blossom is said to grant you wisdom, unless you have a pollen allergy.
- Jade Spirit - "He's so cute! I just want to squeeze him, then use him for Jade Golem parts!" - Aya Blackpaw
- Jade Claws - "Best manicure ever!" - Aya Blackpaw
- Grimscale Chum - Listen, see? We'll take 'em to the docks, see? And throw 'em in the sea, see?
- Krul the Unshackled - Spicklefizz pondered his life choices as he looked at the chain around his neck. "Become a warlock," they said. "You get to enslave demons," they said.
- Abyssal Enforcer - The Kabal print this on every package of illicit Mana Crystals: WARNING - DO NOT PUT WITHIN REACH OF ABYSSALS. THIS IS NOT APPROVED FOR USE BY FLAMING DEMONS OF ANY KIND.
- Weasel Tunneler - He's the reason the First Bank of Gadgetzan has steel floors.
- Stolen Goods - It fell off a kodo, I promise!
- Grimestreet Outfitter - If you bargain hard, he'll throw in the hat.
- Grimy Gadgeteer - "You look like a Gadgetgun 3000-Mark IV man, am I right?"
- Grimestreet Pawnbroker - "I don't know a lot about used GvG cards, so I'm going to have to call in an expert."
- Alley Armorsmith - The rent is cheap and she passes the savings onto YOU!
- Meanstreet Marshal - Remember, submit your bribes directly to the Marshal - it's the law!
- Kabal Crystal Runner - "Listen, I can cut you in on a little of this premium mana, but you can't tell my boss."
- Getaway Kodo - Get to da Kodo! Now!
- Aya Blackpaw - Though young, Aya took over as the leader of Jade Lotus through her charisma and strategic acumen when her predecessor was accidentally crushed by a jade golem.
- Unlicensed Apothecary - Get the ingredients wrong on ONE healing potion and they take your license. What a world!
- Wrathion - Wrathion, son of Deathwing, is a dragon. Why isn't he tagged as a dragon, you ask? WHAT, ARE YOU TRYING TO BLOW HIS COVER??
- Auctionmaster Beardo - Gadgetzan has always run an under-the-table auction house, and business has been PRETTY good for Beardo since the population explosion. And since the explosion that destroyed the competing auction houses in the city.
- Genzo, the Shark - Infamous in the seedy underground card rooms of Gadgetzan, he got his nickname winning the coveted Shark Plushie in the city's first Hearthstone tournament.
- Small-Time Buccaneer - "Oh, I'm not serious about it. I only pirate on the weekends."
- Tanaris Hogchopper - The Hogchoppers are well-known throughout Kalimdor for being a real, actual group.
- Leatherclad Hogleader - The Hogchoppers, the terrors of Tanaris, can always be found at one tavern or another in Gadgetzan, refueling for totally real and legit adventures that they go on.
- Lunar Visions - The true mystery of lunar visions is how there is nothing to watch when there are so many channels.
- Fight Promoter - "Yeah, I can get you Knuckles. No, no, he's been clean for *weeks*."
- Small-Time Recruits - Now we know why they wear tiny watches.
- Wickerflame Burnbristle - Wickerflame spent years as a recruit for the Goons, never making the big-time because he always fired his chest-cannon too slowly. "Hey," he thought, "maybe if I keep my beard lit on fire, I can do this faster." BOOM, promoted.
- Virmen Sensei - There is no carrot.
- Knuckles - When confronted with accusations of performance-enhancing bananas, Knuckles replied, "I get my fruit from trees I knock down with my bare hands like everyone else."
- Smuggler's Crate - Are you sure these are the crates that are supposed to go to the Gadgetzan petting zoo?
- Shaky Zipgunner - The Grimy Goons can get you any weapon you want but if you want it to not explode you gotta pay extra.
- Piranha Launcher - A great improvement over the guppy launcher.
- Trogg Beastrager - Still angry that the Gadgetzan Rager Club wouldn't accept him as a member.
- Seadevil Stinger - Pretty harmless unless you're a Seadevil.
- Lotus Illusionist - If you think her Illidan and Sylvanas cosplay is great, wait till you see her Reno Jackson!
- Devolve - Ragnaros looked down. He looked like some kind of War Golem. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME," he yelled. But all that came out was a deep grinding sound. He began to cry.
- Shadow Sensei - He used to be Aya's tutor, but she fired him for bugging her too much.
- Gadgetzan Ferryman - Is it just me, or is there something fishy about that ferryman?
- Jade Swarmer - He's so good at swarming, he can swarm all by himself!
- Jade Shuriken - Good news is, after you remove it from your wound, you can use it to pay your medical bills!
- Spiked Hogrider - Did you know the Hogchoppers compete every year at the Mirage Raceway? They do. It's a real group.
- Inkmaster Solia - Solia marks the Kabal with intricate tattoos that grant immense power. Also it makes it harder for other gangs to recruit from their numbers. BACK OFF, GOONS.
- Don Han'Cho - The brilliant mastermind of the Grimy Goons, Han sometimes thinks about ditching the idiot Cho, but that would just tear him apart.
- Daring Reporter - She's working on a story! While skydiving!
- Lotus Agents - Mostly, they stand around and look cool.
- Grimestreet Smuggler - She's got anything you want. Need the latest derpinger? No problem!
- Ancient of Blossoms - His new shampoo is really working!
- Defias Cleaner - His house cleaning service is quite thorough. Not a spot to be found... or any of your stuff!
- Luckydo Buccaneer - You can't just leave a Luckydo somewhere. You gotta keep 'em with you! Especially in Gadgetzan!
- Jade Behemoth - I think we should talk about the jade elephant in the room.
- Finja, the Flying Star - The last true master of Finjitsu.
- I Know a Guy - Well… a guy who knows a guy.
- Naga Corsair - Hook-tails are nice and all but she keeps getting stuck on things.
- Shaku, the Collector - Aya even staged an intervention once, but Shaku still insists that he is not a hoarder.
- Second-Rate Bruiser - He'll be a first-rate bruiser once he gets used to his contacts.
- Hired Gun - He loves his job and would do it for free! (But don't tell his boss!)
- Friendly Bartender - "What'll it be? A Jade Brew? A Grimy Goose? A Kabal Manatini?"
- Toxic Sewer Ooze - When Sergeant Sally shows up unexpectedly, DO NOT FLUSH YOUR MANA CRYSTALS DOWN THE TOILET.
- Streetwise Investigator - "Hmmmm… Call it a hunch, but I'm starting to think that there may be some kind of criminal activity going on in Gadgetzan."
- Kabal Songstealer - Gadgetzan Writer’s Award goes to the player who writes the most compelling fanfic about why this Arrakoa has a golden frog in his hand!
- Backroom Bouncer - "WHY ARE YOU IN THE BACK ROOM? WHO IS WATCHING THE FRONT?!"
- Manic Soulcaster - When casting a tournament, you really have to put your soul into it!
- Pint-Size Potion - I hope you didn't disenchant your Shadow Word: Horror!
- Dragonfire Potion - No one was brave enough to fire the dragon in person… so they made the potion do it.
- Kabal Trafficker - She ships illicit mana crystals around the world in packages marked: FUNNEL CAKE.
- Gadgetzan Socialite - Comment on her height, and she'll go from flapper to kneecapper in seconds flat.
- Worgen Greaser - Hair products are 79% of his monthly budget.
- Grook Fu Master - Grook Fu, the ancient Hozen art of bashing heads with a stick.
- Bomb Squad - Please don't explode! Please don't explode! Please don't explode!
- Doppelgangster - "Every me, get in here!"
- Burgly Bully - He only burgles to pay the bills. He is really just a bully at heart.
- Mayor Noggenfogger - This flavor text was randomly generated. If it happens to form words and make sense, that is purely by chance.
- Blastcrystal Potion - There's a fine line between "potion" and "grenade". Wait. Actually, there's not.
- Cryomancer - She loves Frozen. I mean who doesn't?
- Sergeant Sally - "Who is she? Where did she come from? We don't even have a police force here in Gadgetzan!!" - Mayor Noggenfogger
- Dispatch Kodo - "Crime reported at First Bank of Gadgetzan. Huge quantities of Jade being carried away by what looks like a bunch of Hozen. Kodo 77 can you make it over there now?"
- Sleep with the Fishes - If you're sleeping with the fishes, we highly suggest not bringing an electric blanket.
- Mistress of Mixtures - Her favorite mixture is cola and lime.
- Dirty Rat - It's not his fault… Someone keeps stealing his soap!
- Madam Goya - She has set up her Black Market here in Gadgetzan for one purpose, to make a KILLING when Beanie Babies make their inevitable comeback.
Golden Card Animations
We're processing these and will have an update to share later on! Be sure to check back ;)
New Card Backs
We'll have animated previews soon!
- Diablo - Secret Level
- Moo. That’s right. You heard me.
- Acquired from The Dark Wanderer Tavern Brawl, 2017.
- Jade Lotus
- The Jade Lotus is the newest of the three groups vying for Gadgetzan. They're hip with today's criminal youth.
- Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, December 2016.
- Grimy Goons
- The Grimy Goons once kicked a guy out for tucking a Ragnaros up his sleeve.
- Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, January 2017.
- The Kabal are notorious for potions, treachery, and accidentally blowing themselves up with 10-mana spells.
- Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, February 2017.
Seven new chalkboards have been added to the game!
Crime Family Quest Strings
These strings are associated with a "quest line".
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS1_01 Heehee, don't waste your potential.
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS1_02 You should come join the Jade Lotus.
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS1_03 We have ALL the fun stuff.
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS1_04 Swords, knives, gigantic golem armies....
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS2_01 Hahaha, man!
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS2_02 Did you see their face? Priceless!
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS3_01 You totally destroyed them!
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS3_02 I almost don't even need a Jade army!
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS4_01 You're almost as awesome as me.
- VO_BOSS_AYA_Female_Pandaren_INTRO_QL_LOTUS4_02 You should totally join the Jade Lotus.
- VO_BOSS_CHO_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS1_01 YOU NO BUSY!
- VO_BOSS_CHO_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS1_02 JOIN OR WE SMASH YA!
- VO_BOSS_CHO_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS2_01 KEEP EM OFF OUR TURF!
- VO_BOSS_CHO_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS3_01 WE SMUGGLIN' WEAPONS!
- VO_BOSS_CHO_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS4_01 CHO IS IMPRESSED!
- VO_BOSS_CHO_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS4_02 YOU DO NEW JOB FOR US!
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS1_1 Hey kid, welcome to Gadgetzan.
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS1_2 We're Han'Cho. Kingpins of tha Grimy Goons.
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS1_3 Hey, ya busy? We got a job for ya.
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS1_4 This job would be... mutually beneficial.
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS2_1 Ya done good, kid.
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS2_2 Maybe now they know who runs Gadgetzan!
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS3_1 Niiiice.
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS3_2 Ey! Ya wanna give us a hand with these... goods?
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS4_1 I concur.
- VO_BOSS_HAN_Male_Ogre_INTRO_QL_GOONS4_2 Ya know, we got a place for ya with tha Goons.
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal1_01 That insolent runt knows nothing of power.
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal1_02 Embrace your true destiny. Join the Kabal.
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal1_03 Your path to power awaits you, child. HAHAHAHAHA HAHA! Erhm.
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal2_01 You have some skill....
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal2_02 Now use more of my mana. Embrace the Kabal!
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal3_01 Good. Eh heh heh heh. Yes....
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal3_03 My potions will grant you untold power....
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal4_01 AHAHAH HAHAHA HAHA. At last! A powerful disciple!
- VO_BOSS_KAZAKUS_Male_Troll_Intro_QL_Kabal4_02 Together we will rule Gadgetzan. HAHAH AHAHAHA!
Mean Streets of Gadgetzan has added new deck recipes to the game!
|Minion (14)||Ability (16)|
Used in things like Tavern Brawls,
- Bovines Killed
- Kings Killed
- Secrets Revealed
Official Patch Notes
Quote from BlizzardPatch 18.104.22.16890
The Tavern’s never been more rough and tumble! This Hearthstone update paves the way for the arrival of The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, Hearthstone’s latest expansion. Join three crime families as they vie for power in the back alleys of Gadgetzan with all-new Tri-Class cards, and a gritty game board featuring each of the city’s districts. This update also adds several swanky new card backs and fixes some bugs.
Read on for details!
The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan
- Grab your shiniest brass knuckles and get ready to rumble on The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. Hearthstone’s latest expansion will be available beginning December 1st and includes:
- 132 all-new cards.
- Tri-Class cards - special neutral minions that break the rules to be included in the decks of all three classes associated with each family:
- The Grimy Goons: Warrior, Paladin, and Hunter
- The Kabal: Mage, Priest, and Warlock
- The Jade Lotus: Rogue, Druid, and Shaman
- A new game board featuring each district of Gadgetzan that’ll have you calling your friends to come out to play.
- The following card backs have been added.
- Jade Lotus – Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, December 2016.
- Grimy Goons – Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, January 2017.
- Kabal – Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, February 2017.
- And perhaps one more card back to come, should the stars align. . .
- A search for missing in the Collection Manager will now automatically switch you to Crafting Mode and find any cards that you are missing or don’t already own two or more copies of.
- Several cards now properly generate a history tile when played.
- We’ve implemented numerous AI improvements and bug fixes.
- We fixed a client issue that could occur when playing multiple spells while Archmage Antonidas is in play.
- We fixed a Spectator Mode issue that could occur when Raven Idol is played.
- Various UI & text issues have been resolved.
Learn More About Mean Streets of Gadgetzan!
Want to see all the new cards and learn more about the expansion? Visit our dedicated guide!