Hearthstone Yogg Nerf Patch Arrives this Week!
Last week, seven card nerfs were announced and they're on schedule for a release sometime this week. Blizzard stated in the original post that they would arrive before the HCT Last Call events, which start this weekend. Like most Hearthstone patches, the nerfs will likely go live on Tuesday.
The patch going live early in the week also allows for competitors in the Last Call event to figure out which decks they're going to take to the event.
What is Getting Nerfed?
Seven cards will be getting nerfed.
- Rockbiter Weapon now costs 2 mana (Up from 1)
- Tuskarr Totemic can now only summon Basic totems (the same ones from your hero power)
- Call of the Wild now costs 9 mana (Up from 8)
- Execute now costs 2 mana (Up from 1)
- Charge's mana cost has been lowered to 1 (Down from 3), the minion it is applied to cannot attack a hero that turn, and the bonus attack that the minion would receive has been removed.
- Abusive Sergeant's now has 1 attack (Down from 2)
- Yogg-Saron, Hope's End will now stop casting spells if he is destroyed, silenced, transformed, or returned to the owner's hand.
What Else is Expected of the Patch?
Outside of the card nerfs, we could see:
- The Welcome Inn card back.
- This is a reward for BlizzCon 2016's Digital Ticket and was not included in the most recent patch.
- Not in the last patch likely due to them not being certain of when that patch would be delivered and the announcement for the card back was not made until right as the patch hit.
- Tavern Brawl chalkboards / cards
- Correction of Tyrande's almost out of cards speech bubble text
- BRB Emotes
- Tyrande had a string for a BRB emote. It is possible other heroes may receive them as well.
- Hero event strings + voiceovers
- Tyrande also had these which pointed towards a lot of new stuff for holidays coming to Hearthstone, possibly through brawls.