Update 3:45 PM EDT: Innkeeper has been updated to work with the current patch. Sorry for the delay!
Hearthstone Patch 13619
Mrglgl! A new patch has arrived containing recruit-a-friend, a new Murloc Shaman Hero, questing with friends, and more co-operative tavern brawl stuff. All the details can be found below, read on!
New Shaman Hero - Morgl the Oracle
Ever want to play a Murloc Hero? Now you can! Shaman's second hero is that of a Murloc, welcome to the family, Morgl the Oracle!
Morgl is obtained through the new Recruit-a-Friend system, details of which can be found further down. We've got a preview of Morgl's interactions available, give it a watch!
Recruit-a-Friend System Added
We have a thread available for sharing RAF links. Posting them anywhere else will get them removed.
Hearthstone now has a Recruit-a-Friend system. Using a special link you can get by visiting your recruit-a-friend button on your in-game friend list, you can recruit someone to the game and earn rewards. There are currently only rewards for recruiting 5 friends.
- Reward: Morgl, the Oracle - When one recruited friend hits a combined hero level of 20, you get this Shaman Hero.
- Reward: Classic Pack - Each recruited friend after the first that hits a combined hero level of 20 grants you one classic pack. Maximum of 4!
You can keep tabs on your recruited friend through a special interface. Check out the interface and Blizzard's Recruit-a-Friend promotional trailer which includes Morgl, the Oracle!
Questing with Friends
It looks like Blizzard wants to see more social interaction inside Hearthstone with your friends. A new quest and a new event have been added.
- Quest: Play a Friend! - Play a friend, you both earn a reward! Rewards: 80 Gold
- Event: You can complete quests while challenging a friend this week.
We are not sure when this event will go live or what kind of schedule, if any, it will have. We'll have to wait for Blizzard to release more details.
New Game Mode Icons
The previously teased game mode icons have arrived! It is easier to see which gamemode your friend is playing when you are spectating them.
Card Art Updates
We've noticed a few updates to card art.
- Innervate has new golden art - New rune circle.
- Nourish has new golden art - Hands and leafs move now.
New Co-Op Brawl
Strings have been datamined which point to a new co-op tavern brawl.
VO_COOP03_01 - "I am the master here!"
VO_COOP03_02 - "No... NO! I will destroy you!"
VO_COOP03_03 - "Mortal minds... So easily manipulated...."
VO_COOP03_04 - "I have tried to be an accomodating host, but you simply WILL NOT DIE!"
VO_COOP03_05 - "Time to throw all pretense aside, and just KILL YOU!"
VO_COOP03_06 - "PRIEST! The light serves ME now!"
VO_COOP03_07 - "SHAMAN! The elements obey ME now!"
VO_COOP03_08 - "Hahahahaha... Behold! The true power of Nefarian!"
VO_COOP03_09 - "Heheheheheh... You made it to the glorious finale!"
New Brawl Cards
- Bamboozle (New) Swap player's hands.
- Cleave (New) Deal 7 damage to a minion and its owner.
- Cleave (New) Deal 4 damage to a minion and its owner.
- Don't Push Me! (New) He's getting angry....
- Explosive Rune (New) Summon an 'Explosive Rune.'
- Explosive Runes (New) Summon two 'Explosive Runes.'
- Flame Missiles (New) Deal 5 damage randomly split among all other characters.
- Flame Missiles (New) Deal 10 damage randomly split among all other characters.
- Glorious Finale (New) The true battle begins....
- Immolate (New) Deal 4 damage to each hero.
- Immolate (New) Deal 7 damage to each hero.
Adventure Card Updates
- Uncover Staff Piece Now costs 2 mana, down from 3.
Official Patch Notes
Quote from Blizzard
In this update Recruit A Friend has come to Hearthstone! Recruit a pal and you’ll convince Morgl the Oracle, the wise Murloc Shaman, to join your roster of Heroes. We also added a new card back, made a few visual improvements, and fixed some bugs!
Read on for the details!
- Recruit A Friend is here!
- Invite friends to play Hearthstone and gain cool rewards!
- Pick up the new Shaman hero, Morgl The Oracle, when your first recruit achieves 20 combined levels across all classes.
- Earn free Classic card packs for up to four more recruits!
- ALL your recruits can earn a free Classic pack!
- New icons make it easier for spectators to figure out which game mode you are playing.
- Golden Priest, Rogue, and Neutral cards are now easier to tell apart.
- Golden Hero Powers are now displayed correctly in the Arena.
- Tinyfin Beach – Get this card back by achieving Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of July.
- Silithid Swarmer is now a Beast.
- Khadgar’s portrait now has a drop shadow.
- The Collection Manager now more accurately displays new cards.
- The experience bar will no longer fill up after winning a game at max level.
- Wild card rarity now displays properly when viewing flavor text.
- Golden C’Thun’s buff animation is now gold, gold, GOLD!
- Players should no longer appear as UNKNOWN after reconnecting.
- [iOS] Hearthstone will no longer crash when the device is in a certain orientation when the game is launched.
- [Android] Taking Fatigue damage after running out of cards will no longer result in a crash on Samsung Galaxy S7 devices using Snapdragon CPUs.
- [Mobile] Fixed an issue that could prevent interaction with Heroes and Hero Powers on mobile devices.
- [Mobile] You should no longer crash when clicking on the Social button to bring up the friends list on phones.
- Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.
All my Arena opponents today are UNKNOWN...
I would enjoy it if I could update the game for once. :(
Great patch! Crashes on iPhone and iMac constantly.
In mac, When the game started, the top apple menu in hiding mode.
Others mac users have the same experience like me ?
Yup, same. Not sure why and I'm not a fan.
So laggy after the patch (ipad air)
same !! i have ipad air and its so damn laggy !
Oh good, it's not just me
1. All my opponents are UNKNOWN.
2. Russian language for audio was switched to English after this patch.
3. Experience bar still fill up after each game at max level.
p.s. "I put 3 points into Improved Blizzard, but the company still sucks."(c)
Got it as well... but didn't try to complete it yet.
My brother and I both got the quest. It worked fine on the same IP for us. The first match we had completed my quest, but not his. The second match didn't do anything, so we cancelled the challenge and then tried it again. It worked the third time. 160 gold for three matches, not too shabby.
Sadly new hero of the new shaman isnt animated like khadgar/medivh/liadrin/alleria/magni's :<
Now my opponent's name only displays as UNKNOWN. Is that intended?
Got that too. Probably a bug of some kind. Yesterday was fine tho'.
Maybe that's the problem, I'll have to play closer attention.
Cmon blizzard, now after you guys recruiting some more players, announce a new adventure!
Upvoted for that last sentence.
Looks like somebody at Blizzard finally hit level 60
Also, Halfhill cardback is going to be available for ranked play in November (!). You can see it in the game.