Two Expansions and One Adventure Per Year
Polygon recapped their trip to Blizzard a few months ago to discuss the Standard format alongside other community members. We've recapped the important parts below!
Quote from Blizzard
- No longer will set releases alternate between adventure and expansion.
- We will see two expansions per year (start and end) and one adventure (middle). At least for now.
- Ancient of Lore and Keeper of the Grove "maybe those aren't the right choices" - Mike Donais
- Leper Gnome and Knife Juggler are two neutral minions being looked at.
- The move to Standard may be a bit early, but they don't want to get to the point where it feels impossible to catch up.
- Wild was originally going to be known as Legacy but Brian Kibler urged them to make it more Warcrafty.
- Adventures could potentially come back out of "the vault" much like Disney's movies do. (Idea is not mature)