Better late than never! The awaited Balance patch arrives and brings changes across Hearthstone. Read below for the details!
Quote from Blizzard
Patch 26.2.2, launching today, includes the following bug fixes and updates to Hearthstone, Battlegrounds, and Duels.
Dev Comment: Overall, the meta is in a pretty good spot right now, with lots of competitive options for players across almost every class. This is our opportunity to some adjustments that hit a few power outliers and play experience outliers. We’re also including a few buffs that we hope will give players a few more neutral options and open up some space for the weaker classes.
The following cards have been adjusted to be less powerful:
- Old: Brand an enemy minion. Whenever it takes damage, deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.
- New: Brand an enemy minion. Whenever it takes damage, deal 1 damage to the enemy hero.
- Dev Comment: Demon Hunter is one of the few power outliers in this meta, with several competitive archetypes. Sinful Brand Spell Demon Hunter is a standout within that class in both power and negative play experiences. This change is intended to significantly reduce the power and prevalence of that card.
- Old: 5 Attack
- New: 3 Attack
- Dev Comment: This is a standout card in the newly emergent Big Demon Hunter archetype. Its powerful effect makes it one of the strongest cards in the deck. It doesn’t also need to be a threat in its own right. We think it’s really cool that Big Demon Hunter has finally become a competitive archetype, and we expect that the archetype will continue to see play after this slight adjustment.
- Old: [3 Mana] Deal 3 damage. Costs 0 if you played a Naga while holding this.
- New: [2 Mana] Deal 2 damage. Costs 0 if you played a Naga while holding this.
- Dev Comment: The Lady S’Theno-Predation combo has been used across many Demon Hunter decks for a long time. This change is intended to be a smaller adjustment across the entire class.
- Old: 3 Health
- New: 2 Health
- Old: [3 Mana]
- New: [4 Mana]
- Dev Comment: Both these Death Knight cards were buffed last expansion, which was necessary when the class was struggling. However, our current balance philosophy is that balance changes are fluid adjustments over time, not decisions set in stone. Unholy Death Knight is now the strongest deck on the ladder, so it needs to be toned back down. We’re not reverting the prior buffs, but trying different adjustments to weaken it slightly, particularly in its matchup versus other aggro decks, where the deck is disproportionately powerful.
High Cultist Basaleph
- Old: [4 Mana]
- New: [5 Mana]
- Dev Comment: Aggro Priest is in a good spot right now at all levels of play, but especially at lower levels. This reversion of a prior buff is intended to be a small adjustment to put it back in line with other decks. We expect this deck, and this card in it, to remain competitive.
- Old: Battlecry: Gain 8 Armor. Your next 3 minions this turn cost Armor instead of Mana.
- New: Battlecry: Gain 5 Armor. Your next 3 minions this turn cost Armor instead of Mana.
- Dev Comment: Anub’Rekhan allows for a notably negative play experience that warps the meta around it. This change does not prevent Druid players from making their big flashy plays, but it does mean that more setup is now required. We expect this to mean fans of the deck can still play it, but its overall power, playrate, and influence on the meta will lessen.
- Old: [6 Mana]
- New: [7 Mana]
- Dev Comment: Miracle Rogue is not a power outlier at most levels of play, but it remains strong and prevalent at higher levels of play. This is a minor adjustment to reflect its current power level and its potential power level after the adjustments to the other cards changed in this patch.
The above craftable cards will be eligible for full a full dust refund for two weeks following Patch 26.2.2.
The following cards have been adjusted to be more powerful:
Symphony of Sins
- Old: [6 Mana]
- New: [5 Mana]
- Dev Comment: Players really love playing this card, but it is not very powerful. This change is to make it a little more palatable to play this exciting card.
From the Depths
- Old: [4 Mana] Reduce the Cost of the bottom five cards in your deck by (3), then Dredge.
- New: [3 Mana] Reduce the Cost of the bottom five cards in your deck by (2), then Dredge.
- Dev Comment: Warrior has gotten more options, more power, and more play after our recent adjustments, but players still hunger for a slower Warrior. We’re making this adjustment to a proven powerful card that we expect will see play again after this change.
- Old: Draw a minion. Give it +2/+2. Finale: Play your last Riff.
- New: Draw a minion. Give it +3/+3. Finale: Play your last Riff.
- Dev Comment: We recently made a few adjustments to the Riff package, and those adjustments were successful in raising the playrate and power of the Riffs package. But now Chorus Riff is the weakest of the Riffs, and all the Riffs need to be good for the package to be good. This is a slight nudge to make that whole package a little stronger.
- Old: Battlecry: Destroy an enemy location.
- New: Tradeable Battlecry: Destroy an enemy location.
- Old: 4 Attack, 5 Health. Taunt Deathrattle: Restore 4 Health to your hero.
- New: 4 Attack, 6 Health. Taunt Deathrattle: Restore 6 Health to your hero.
- Dev Comment: Demolition Renovator has never seen much play, so we wanted to make it feel a little better as a tech card option. Rotten Applebaum is getting a decent buff to add an option for slower decks that want to target aggressive strategies.
- Old: [3 Mana] 2Attack, 4 Health
- New: [2 Mana] 1 Attack, 3Health
- Dev Comment: Pandaren Importer was previously adjusted due to an unintended play pattern that was made possible by the smaller card pool in Standard. Now that it is in Wild, that concern no longer exists and the prior change can be reverted.
- Master Nguyen’s Armor was reduced to 8.
- E.T.C., Band Manager’s Armor was reduced to 10.
- Patches the Pirate’s Armor was reduced to 10 in higher ranked lobbies; it is still 5 in lower ranked lobbies.
E.T.C., Band Manager (Sign a New Artist)
- Old: [4 Gold]
- New: [3 Gold]
- Old: 2 Attack, 1 Health
- New: 1 Attack, 1 Health
- Old: At the end of your turn, give +2 Attack to your minions with less Attack than this.
- New: At the end of your turn, give +1 Attack to your minions with less Attack than this.
- Old: 1 Attack, 3 Health
- New: 1 Attack, 2 Health
- Old: 2 Attack, 4 Health
- New: 3 Attack, 4 Health
- Old: 0 Attack, 4 Health
- New: 0 Attack, 5 Health
- Old: 6 Attack, 3 Health
- New: 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Old: 3 Attack, 1 Health
- New: 2 Attack, 1 Health
- Old: [Tavern Tier 4]
- New: [Tavern Tier 3]
- Old: [Tavern Tier 3]
- New: [Tavern Tier 4]
- Old: 4 Attack, 2 Health. Battlecry: Choose a minion. At the end of every 2 turns, this gives you a plain copy.
- New: 4 Attack, 4 Health. At the end of every 2 turns, get a plain copy of the minion to the left of this.
- Old: 5 Attack, 3 Health. Battlecry: Give a friendly Beast Reborn.
- New: 4 Attack, 3 Health. At the end of your turn, give another friendly Beast Reborn.
- Old: 6 Attack, 5 Health
- New: 4 Attack, 2 Health
- Old: 4 Attack, 2 Health. Deathrattle: Elementals in Bob’s Tavern have +2/+2 for the rest of the game.
- New: 3 Attack, 2 Health. Deathrattle: Elementals in Bob’s Tavern have +3/+2 for the rest of the game.
- Old: [Tavern Tier 5] Battlecry: Give your other Dragons +4 Attack.
- New: [Tavern Tier 4] Battlecry: Give your other Dragons +3 Attack.
- Old: [Tavern Tier 4]
- New: [Tavern Tier 5]
- Old: [Tavern Tier 4] 2 Attack, 2 Health
- New: [Tavern Tier 5] 4 Attack, 4 Health
- Old: 5 Attack, 5 Health. Whenever you summon a Beast, give it +5/+5.
- New: 4 Attack, 4 Health. Whenever you summon a Beast, give it +4/+4.
- Old: 7 Attack, 6 Health
- New: 5 Attack, 4 Health
- Old: After you sell 6 Elementals, get another random Elemental.
- New: After you sell 5 Elementals, get another random Elemental.
Kalecgos, Arcane Aspect
- Old: 4 Attack, 12 Health
- New: 2 Attack, 10 Health
Nadina the Red
- Old: 7 Attack, 4 Health. Deathrattle: Give your Dragons Divine Shield.
- New: 8 Attack, 4 Health. Deathrattle: Give 3 friendly Dragons Divine Shield.
- Old: After you play an Elemental, give your minions +1 Attack. (Swaps to Health next turn.)
- New: After you play an Elemental, give your other minions +2 Attack. (Swaps to Health next turn.)
- Old: 7 Attack, 10 Health
- New: 8 Attack, 16 Health
Minion Pool Changes
- Monstrous Macaw has been returned to the minion pool.
- Sin’dorei Straight Shot is now available in all lobbies (not just Undead lobbies).
Hero Power Updates
- Old: [1 Mana]
- New: [2 Mana]
- Old: Destroy a minion, then summon two 2/2 Treants for that minion’s owner.
- New: Destroy a minion, then summon two 1/1 Saplings for that minion’s owner.
- Old: [Passive] After you cast a spell, deal 1 damage to the enemy hero.
- New: [1 Mana] After each spell you cast this turn, deal 1 damage to the enemy hero.
- Old: Discover a card from your deck.
- New: Discover a Beast.
Signature Treasure Updates
- Old: [2 Mana]
- New: [3 Mana]
- Old: 3 Attack, 3 Durability
- New: 1 Attack, 3 Durability
- Old: [6 Mana]
- New: [7 Mana]
- Old: [7 Mana]
- New: [9 Mana]
Passive Treasure Updates
Staking a Claim
- Old: Whenever you play a Discover card, all friendly minions gain +1/+1.
- New: After you play your first Discover card each turn, all friendly minions get +1/+1.
The Floor is Lava
- Old: After you play a minion, deal 1 damage to it and give it +2 Attack.
- New: After you play your first minion each turn, deal 1 damage to it and give it +2 Attack.
- Old: After a friendly Dragon dies, give two minions in your hand +1/+1.
- New: After the first time a friendly Dragon dies each turn, give minions in your hand +1/+1.
- Unbanned and moved to Pool 1.
- Old: Your Dragons cost (2) less.
- New: The first Dragon you play each turn costs (1) less.
- Old: At the end of your turn, summon a 2/1 Ice Shard if you’ve cast a Frost spell this turn.
- New: At the end of your turn, summon a 2/3 Water Elemental if you’ve cast a Frost spell this turn.
Flames of the Kirin Tor
- Old: After you cast your first Fire spell in a turn, add a random Fire spell to your hand.
- New: After you cast your first Fire spell in a turn, add a random non-Legendary Fire spell from your class to your hand.
- Old: At the start of the game, shuffle 5 Lich King cards into your deck.
- New: At the start of the game, shuffle 8 Lich King cards into your deck.
Ring of Black Ice
- Old: Whenever a minion is Frozen, add a copy of it to your hand.
- New: Whenever a minion is Frozen, add a copy of it to your hand. It costs (1) less.
All Shall Serve
- Old: Whenever a Demon dies, draw a card.
- New: After the first time a friendly Demon dies in a turn, draw a minion from your deck.
Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
- [Hearthstone] Moved Heroic Tavern Brawl to next week, to allow time for players to first adjust to the new balance changes.
- [Duels] Fixed a bug where the original version of Tour Guide was banned in all card pools, but the new Core Set version was not.
like the new naga, pirate, beast, elementals
ok with dragon and undead
absolutely hate they shifted murlocks from battlecry heavy to one more deathrattle class , bran is useless 5* now (compared to 5* deathrattle guy that now every class relies on), murlocks good with any class not so much about being their own thing , venom super sucks especially now that divine is so easy to get (elementals have 6*, naga 3* can replicate divine spellcraft etc...) Handbuff mechanics are i guess alright but again not murlock only thing but rather o nice value 3 3 that buffs hand. wondering whos gonna stop quilboars once they're out cuz murlocks sure wont
It’s the top class on hsreplay by a substantial margin.
Paladin is super strong and no nerfed cards...wtf...fail
Paladin is absolutely not super strong.
Right. They are not in the number 1 spot at all. Palm face...
They are not. Are you looking at flawed data?
They barely nerfed Upbeat Duo, a card that shouldn't be in the game at all. There is nothing fun about people getting easy multiple copies of any card they wish. That card is a huge reason why the banana beast build is such a problem.
The new Upbeat Duo is fine, it is way more flexible now. And with the new Reanimating Rattler and Macaw back in the game .... froggers are an option again now. Just made all beasts reborn with Rattler and a golden Baron with Duo and Bananas had no chance ;-)
As I predicted when nerfs were hinted at, Druid is in last place on hsreplay today. Anub was the only thing giving Druid a chance in this meta.
Good riddance, Anub was incredibly frustrating to play against. Should've reduced the armor gain further.
This is the 2nd time they’ve nerfed it. But one question: if they reduced the armor gain further, what would the point of the card even be? And what number do you think they should have reduced it to?
Other classes have ways to mana-cheat and play some big cards, so why is it somehow only bad if Druid does it?
The Dev comment for demolition renovator is placed under rotten applebaum and the Dev comment for rotten applebaum is missing.
Right, so Demon Hunter is killed, but the next toxic deck just rises to the top instead. And it'll be... green Death Knight.
All that talk of introdcing tech to be able to choose from all the movements of Symphony (and having patch dealyed because of that), and all they do is reduce the cost, making it unplyable for the even Reno deck I've crafted it for. These buffs suck.
I've been playing a Warrior build utilizing the Riffs and From the Depths. This buff will totally help me get above that gnarly 50/50 ratio... but as previously stated by other people... the most difficult part of the class is the inconsistent draw mechanics. The BEST that I have come about to is having The Sunwell to fill up your hand and then drop Finley to exchange your hand of spells with 9 cards from your deck. Even that is pretty difficult to fire off.
Having Chorus Riff trigger another one and both giving your minions and addition +1/+1 is going to help, but over all it's a lackluster buff. The addition of Demolition Renovator as a tradable card helps with draw, and can help mitigate the dredgeless options in Warrior to really benefit the cost reduction on Depths, but really it is going to be a slow moving class.
The other buffs... I'm kinda less than thrilled about. The idea of a buff has historically been there to help give less playable cards a niche place in off meta decks. I'm a die hard lock player, and Symphony of Sins, let alone it's achievement, are just difficult to put into a competitive build. It kinda sucks.
I don't think these constructed changes will do much at all. A card like Demolition Renovator still won't see play because its way too specific for a single situation, and even when you get there your opponent has already got a lot of value out of their first charge. Its just a waste of slot. Maybe it should buff itself by +2/+2 like Hungry Crab if it does get to destroy a location and put some extra pressure.
Battlegrounds got a whole lot of changes in comparison, kinda surprised that they hit dragons so hard. Most shocking is buffing Zapp with 6 extra health.
Kalecgos is ALREADY slow compared to most tier 5 investments
Most the time I'm losing to dragons is because of their mid game tempo.
This ofc followed up by their inevitable wall of divine shields.
Drakkisath being punished for the sins of high tier pulls 🙄
Did not expect the nerf to deathrattle murloc
probably wont change much, unfortunately. Just will see slightly less UD Priest and significantly less Spell DH
I like the DH nerfs, but wish they would've done something about the "reno combo"
I never saw Blightfang as a problem, but hey, I got a sig and a gold and I'll be dusting the gold. The battlefield necro nerfis disappointing. I think the token should've lost taunt (just for the necro). Sure, it's easier to kill now as 2/3 was premium stats and 3 hp was hard to deal with for most classes, but board based decks struggle to kill that thing behind a taunt.
I don' like the Anub nerf. It really only does something if you're able to keep the druid unarmored, which is hard unless you're aggro. This does next to nothing but the druid is able to keep their armor up.
Buffs are meh. Warlock legendary is less clunky to use now, that's okay. No one's going to play demolition still. Sure, it's tradeable now, but locations are still too niche to be worth wasting a card slot on this. I'll never feel good having this in my deck.
The applebaum buff is nice, but I don't see it doing anything. Healing is worthless if you're ahead and at full health. Not to mention how many "deal with this now or you lose at full hp" cards like Marrowgar now exist. And taunts have never got powercrept like aggro has, which is why you don't see a taunt heavy archetype ever in the meta. Aggro just does more for less. And even if you play a taunt, it seems like every aggro deck has ways to remove them fast and easy. I play Saurfang jr in my blood DK deck, and I end up dumping a lot of HP on it cause every single opponent always has ways to constantly clear it. It's a problem with card design nowadays. The 1 extra hp does very little when there's so many hard clears for it.
I like a lot of the duels changes. The elwynn boar bs is gone from brann now. Priest's kill from hand is hampered since it's tied to a 1 mana hero power now. Reborn Deathrattle stormpike is hammered hard by that OP hero power going from 1 to 2. The Death Knight shuffle power just needed to go. It always felt bad since those cards are too expensive and do too little. Dunno why Infinite Arcane went from 7 to 9. It was extremely hard to play even at 7, 7 mana do nothing, now 9.
Forgot the easily forgettable thing: The warrior buffs. These do nothing. Warrior doesn't have any ways to shuffle their deck or interact with the bottom of their deck for the dredge mana cheat to be good. Chorus riff has always been the best riff of the turd mechanic that is riffs, so it's just a little less shitty now? Warrior just doesn't have the card draw nor the survivability for their archetypes to work.
Like I've said before, I think in the future, this big warrior stuff will get nerfed, cause it's just missing 1-2 cards to fix the above 2 problems to make the deck broken cause it's very hard to deal with 16+ hp minions every turn.