• 0

    posted a message on Climbing Diamond to Legend
    Quote from Tonyqracer18 >>
    Quote from Vander1017 >>

    I actually did my climb this month with Quest Maly Warlock. It's really underrated right now.

    Honestly, the meta right now is pretty diverse. You can climb very efficiently with a lot of classes right now. 

     alright through that how was that run for you, how long it take???

    It took roughly 4-5 days for me to go from Diamond 5 to Legend with off and on playing intermixed with working and... Well, life. I had a 59% winrate.  But more than that, I found the deck fun, and I was never in a game where I didn't think I had a chance. 

    Posted in: Standard Format
  • 1

    posted a message on Climbing Diamond to Legend

    I actually did my climb this month with Quest Maly Warlock. It's really underrated right now.

    Honestly, the meta right now is pretty diverse. You can climb very efficiently with a lot of classes right now. 

    Posted in: Standard Format
  • 2

    posted a message on Question About Priest

    I'll use myself as an example in the current meta as I completed my legend grind last night playing 100% of my games from diamond rank 5 to legend with Quest Malygos Warlock (though the deck I used is irrelevant here). 

    I was using deck tracker while doing this, so I have some data on the grind. The piece of data that's relevant to your question is that 14% of my 81 games played (a few were actually played at legend, but not many), were played against Priests, and all of them were post-nerf patch. 

    So, if you were to have a similar sampling of classes as I did, that's 14% of your games that you would automatically have to count as losses. That may not sound like a lot, but if you only have a chance of winning in 86% of your matches, then you would basically have to maintain a 58% winrate against everyone else in order to have an overall 50% winrate. Bear in mind, that's a 58% winrate just to BREAK EVEN. If you look at Hearthstone replay, Highlander Mage currently has an overall winrate of only 52.79%. That's only data from the lower ranks of the meta and thus better players might have higher winrates than that, but still. The difference would not be extreme. 

    Long story short, conceding your matches against all priests would make your climb to legend statistically almost impossible. Even if you feel like you're saving time by doing it, you're still shooting yourself in the foot. 

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 1

    posted a message on New MMR is screwing me over!

    Hey, I'm running around Legend playing a silly Quest Druid deck with Nomi, so... Yeah, some of us are. 

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 7

    posted a message on Demon Hunter being this OP was probably done intentionally to get people to waste their dust

    1. Demon Hunter is not only still playable, it's still really good. You just don't auto-win anymore. You're only happy if you have your wins handed to you? 

    2. If you knew that you could only afford to craft a few legendaries, why on EARTH would you craft them for a deck that you KNEW was going to be nerfed? Nothing stays Tier S forever. It gets nerfed. We all know this. 

    3. Did you honestly want them to just leave the metagame like that for two freakin' weeks? With how oppressive that Tempo deck was? 

    People... Just don't be dumb. Please.

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 1

    posted a message on How would be your life without Hearthstone???

    Almost exactly the same. I'm free to play, and I keep my playing time at a minimum to prevent myself from putting off the important things in life. The only difference is I would have a different game downloaded onto my phone and laptop for my idle time. No big deal. 

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 1

    posted a message on Choose Wisely... Cats vs Dogs

    I refuse to choose. The war between dogs and cats must end. Both are fuzzy. Both are adorable. And both of them love us unconditionally. 

    *Hugs both his cat and his dog*

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 1

    posted a message on Why is Murloc Paladin so under represented?

    It has a high win rate largely because of how it performs from rank 20-11, where players are generally less prepared to combat those big board swings. But overall, the deck has one thing that it can do, and only really does it half the time. It's not consistent, and it lacks any way of reacting to its opponent. You see it now and again in the rank 5-1 bracket, and I have lost to it when they have gotten perfect hands, but that's about it. If their hand isn't perfect, they lose. 

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 0

    posted a message on New Neutral Legendary Card - Siamat

    I guess it's a thing now where every middle expansion of the year has one neutral legendary minion that goes in almost every deck. First it was The Lich King, then it was Zilliax.

    Now we have Siamat

    Posted in: Card Discussion
  • 0

    posted a message on HCT Packs arriving!

    4 packs from Bunny this morning. The first pack had Hex Lord Malacrass. Thanks Bunny.

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 1

    posted a message on The Great RoS Nerf Bingo!

    Archivist Elysiana - Mana cost raised to 9, only 1 copy of each card is added to your deck

    EVIL Miscreant - Mana cost raised to 5

    Raiding Party - Mana cost raised to 5

    Dr. Boom, Mad Genius - Rush for all mechs removed

    Magic Carpet - 1/6 reduced to 1/4

    Barnes - Mana cost raised to 6

    Bloodbloom - Mana cost raised to 4

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 0

    posted a message on You ever let people win at rank 5?

    I don't think I've even let anyone win on purpose, but when I'm at rank 5 fresh and I have no incentive to win every game I can, I generally play fun or weird decks which have low win rates. It's not gifting wins, but I tend to lose a lot before I start grinding rank again.

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 0

    posted a message on RoS - What are your first crafts?

    My two big crafts are likely going to be Scargil and Madame Lazul. As far as epics, I'll probably craft Witch's Brew if I don't pull 2 copies from packs on the first day, but I'm going to try to limit my crafting in the first week or so. I'm F2P, so I have to be conservative with my dust.

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • 2

    posted a message on Murloc shaman in RoS

    What about The Storm Bringer? I've only seen it in a couple deck theories, but it seems like an obvious fit, no? For example, you play Soul of the Murloc, your opponent clears the board, leaving you with a board full of 1/1's, and then you The Storm Bringer for massive value.

    Posted in: Shaman
  • 0

    posted a message on New Meta Perdiction Thread

    Murloc Shaman will be tier 0 for about 3-4 days until people learn to play around it. Then it will be more of an upper tier 2 deck.

    Strong candidates for tier 1, for the most part, will possibly end up being some variant of control (bomb?) warrior, midrange hunter, control shaman, mech paladin and maybe secret paladin.

    Posted in: General Discussion
  • To post a comment, please login or register a new account.