I compiled a list of the best Neutral card designs from each Hearthstone Expansion. And here is the criteria I based my choices on:
1. Creative. I chose cards that have interesting and unique effects.
2. Not Oppressive. Here I'm talking about the card itself; if the card is oppressive due to the existence of other cards, I will still consider it.
3. Didn't Necessarily See Play. Some of these cards were not strong or relative enough to see play in any meta
3. Great Meta. These cards would make a great Meta if they are the main or popular cards of any Meta. So they are fun to play with and against.
4. Subjective. After all, the personal preference element have to come into play. So maybe there are cards that some find great design, while I don't; and vice versa.
Let's get started:
Goblins vs Gnomes:
The Grand Tournament:
Whispers of the Old Gods:
Mean Streets of Gadgetzan:
Journey to Un'Goro
Knights of the Frozen Throne:
Kobolds and Catacombs:
The Boomsday Project:
Rise of Shadows:
Saviors of Uldum:
Descent of Dragons:
Ashes of Outland:
The Darkmoon Faire:
Forged in the Barrens:
OVERALL TOP 5:
#5: Whispers of the Old Gods' C'Thun - An awesome win condition that both requires work and can be played around.
#4: Saviors of Uldum's Zephrys the Great - Opened the way for endless possibilities.
#3: Knights of the Frozen Throne's Corpsetaker - Simply Elegant!
#2: The Witchwood's Voodoo Doll - Just the right way to make Neutral single target removal. Beautiful!
#1: Scholomance Academy's Transfer Student - This Card is the reason I made this thread. What a great Design!
Let me know what you think. I will update this thread with new expansions or if someone changed my opinion about any of the cards. Also, if you'd like, make a similar list for your favorite class.