i could understand this kind whining in other time but atm gala warlock literally tier 1 (and highlander mage also solid tier 2 deck) and you still think control is dead ? wtf ?
the only thing i would complain is dr boom and his callback. People (include me) were assume he presentation will be GvG not Boomsday,use a character (and mechanic) already in standard feel very lazy
-Flobbidinous Floop : huge potential but you cant play oaken summon,cant play oakheart because you need to play hadronox from hand not from recruit so i really not sure how good is it
-Fireworks Tech : only work in mech deck but mech hunter wont see play,beast synergy still better
- Supercollider : people say this card is garbage but imo this will be the 3rd (or 4th) Brawl for warrior
- Coppertail Imposter :this card by itself isn't big deal but with Wargear or Zilliax can curve right after it,i can see this will see play in some midrange mech deck
not bad but only for token (treant) druid
ok,now this is inexcusable,i demand an explanation from Blizzard
i mean druid is combo class,give it a card can discount 2-3 mana already very dangerous but this 7 mana ,what the actual fuck ???
People complain about rng hero power but i dont see any problem with it. Sure,sometimes you get wrong offer but if all options are decent,rng isn't big deal (like animal companion,kazakus,zombeast...)
The battlecry also very powerful but only on mech so we need to see more mech to evaluate
Overall,4 stars card
they have to increase the price of pre-purchase
they dont,this still $1/pack as usual
people (like OP) just dislike the idea lock a skin behind paywall and we have 16 pages of shitstorm like now
a meta depending card,impossible to evaluate this atm
1 mana can ramp up is ridiculous good but use this at turn 1 is very risky because you dont what your opp playing (imagine kirin tor + secret or van cleef shennanigan),probably better at late game for combo piece and opp doesn't receive mana
Except the part they lock cosmetic behind high paywall ,i didn't see any problem here. Both are 1$/pack and golden legendary
Also you argument is really weak,you just bashing the deal 1$/pack because you dislike it and use cosmetic things as a reason
Holy crap this community is truly retarded.
This card does not counters a specific deck like geist. It destorys a FUCKING CLASS IDENTITY. WHAT THE FUCK WILL WARRIOR PLAY RIGHT NOW?! WHAT IS THE POINT OF THEIR HERO POWER!?
FUCK YOU BLIZZARD
Rexxar is a growing problem for wild. If he doesn't get nerfed in the next few months, he needs to be before he gains more and more powerful beasts. He might not be a big problem in wild now, but he needs to be dealt with before he becomes one.
He's far more threatening in standard because his pool is refined and the options he has are incredibly good overall. The odds of getting an effective beast at any given time is statistically very good (Fibonnacci did some on-stream math the other day and estimated something like 80% chance of being what's considered a "good" minion). Even if that number is off by 15-20%, those odds are incredibly good on creating the lifesteal, armor, or aggro/defensive tool you need to overcome your deck's shortcomings.
Rexxar is busted, but thankfully he's limited to if you draw him in time and select zombeast components wisely.
For that first part I have to disagree that Rexxar is going to be busted in wild. I saw the exact same comments about N'Zoth back in the day. People said N'Zoth would just continue to get worse, but eventually you hit a point when the greed can't exceed your deck and still hold a competitive win rate (plus the battlecry is restricted to a given number of rezzed minions). While not completely transferable to N'Zoth in every way I still have to say that Rexxar isn't really going to get that much worse in wild. Eventually the pool for different types of effects on beasts will become so wide that the consistency for getting a beast that gets you out of tough situations will also decrease. Sure, we may get more poisonous, rush, lifesteal, etc minions down the road but we cannot ignore that new mechanics that are not poisonous, rush, lifesteal, etc have yet to be released and will gradually dilute the pool.
You're correct about the standard assessment, but honestly that is incredibly easy to address. Remember all of those garbage pack fillers that get thrown into every expansion? Just make more of them beasts for 2-3 expansions and voila! Now you have a standard format Rexxar that has been successfully lowered in consistency. Practically as easy as flipping a switch.
Well, you see, first there was Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. And the community saw that there were Jades. And there was much reeeeeeeeeeeeeing
Then, there was K&C. And turn 6 voidlords plus 8 life happened. And Doomguards charged for masters with full hands. And there was much reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing.
Father Blizzard saw the reeeeeeeeeeeeing and saw it was bad. And Father Blizzard spake, saying, "Let there be a reasonably powered set with powerful but non-game breaking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Book of Brode, Chapter 13, Verse 1
This argument is never won or lost. It's just wasted. Nobody changes their mind because of the way you explained marketing. They figure it out for themselves. Sure, some people think about it more after reading your posts, but if they can afford it and they figure out that is how many packs they are going to need this round, they will buy it. The hero portrait does not mean that much. It only looks cool because you haven't seen it 2000 times yet. Wait until August once you play against it. It will become annoying just like Shudderwock, and you'll realize you could care less about it.
So it really has nothing to do with the paywall. It has more to do with you not having money. Lot's of people don't have money, that's why they don't drink Starbucks, or drive around in BMW's. The people that do, spend money when they want, and don't waste time reading posts like this. So this post should be more about the expansion and if the mechanics will be good, and what the hero card power will be.
Stop wasting peoples time with walls of text with calculations and bad analogies. And trying to 1up each other, this makes you look silly, and you lose any respect that you once had. We know the usual characters because we see you on every wall, and we see the same shenanigans. Stop feeding the Trolls and talk about the cards. Prices are too subjective, and Hearthstone is a top shelf, so it will cost money.
The expansion isn't even out for a week. Jeez, let a little time pass before jumping to conclusions.
I voted no.
Not because I'm a priest player (I'm not (...AT ALL)), or because I think the Razakus Priest decks aren't broken. I just think that Raza isn't the problem in that deck. The DK is.
Before the DK card, Raza was merrily getting on with his life without any worry of being nerfed. Suddenly, the DK card comes along and Raza is public enemy number one. Raza didn't do anything to deserve this! I also think the nerf is too heavy - The Razakus Priest decks will probably dissipate and will be a thing of the past, just like Quest Rogue. A nerf should be to even out the playing field, not flip it altogether.
Imo, the DK card should be nerfed. Something small that gives the opponent a new angle to beat them, like changing the battlecry to something less catastrophic, like "Destroy a random minion that costs 5 or more", meaning the opponent can flood the board with big minions before turn 8 without too much worry. Or, just nerf it to 10 mana, giving the opponent 2 more turns to swing it. Or even change the hero power altogether, maybe to only refresh after casting a spell instead of playing a card.
This way, the main 'essence' of the deck isn't destroyed - It will just be a bit more difficult to pull it off.
you all say "paying for undertaker" or "face decks" as if it's not Blizzard but players who create tools for hunter decks, and designed his heropower.
What a trashtalk. No arguments, just "hunter plays face and i hate it". Tell this to developers, not players, not their fault.
Crushing Balls is also extremely bad card. For 7 mana mage can blow up whole fucking board of zoo garbage, same priest. Warrior can fucking win the game with brawl for 5 mana.
Dafuq is 7 mana cost? you spend your whole turn without generating tempo just to clear 2 random minions (out of 4-5 total enemy minions, for example, and you can't even choose) The optimal mana cost for such card is 4-5 mana, it should be viable not only for removing TIRION with LICH KING at one swing, its absurd. This should be playable even to remove more midrangy minions (4-5 mana drops).
And how about Toxic Arrow? it's 3 bad epics in a row already and each expansion class receives only 2 of them..
1.) they don't, they're worried because of past mistakes like huntertaker and hybrid hunter.
2.) even as a hunter player I admit that a lot of hunter decks are unfun to play against.
3.) who cares? just play a different class. hearthstone isn't like other games where you're supposed to get better at one hero and main it.
Nerf? Really? You talking about this card almost everyone here call garbage and pack filler when reveal?