Interesting reactions! Obviously, not surprised that some showed evident "signs" of the dunning-kruger effect. Just a few got it and gave me sensible responses and that's exactly what I was looking for so thanks.
- Registered User
Member for 2 years and 5 months
Last active Sun, Jan, 20 2019 05:44:35
- 0 Followers
- 152 Total Posts
- 150 Thanks
Jan 19, 2019Lycaon55 posted a message on Why are many players still using these non interactive decks although the win rates below averagePosted in: General Discussion
Jan 18, 2019Lycaon55 posted a message on Why are many players still using these non interactive decks although the win rates below averagePosted in: General Discussion
We all know these decks where you are actually playing against a player doing his solitary game. He draws cards to get his combo, stalls the game to stay alive...gets his combo and gg. You just scramble to kill him before he gets his cards...no playful interaction with the opponent... just my opinion here: sad and boring. So why do many players still use them? Because they are efficient? Unlikely: Most of them are Tier 3 and Tier 4 decks...I think only Clone priest is Tier 2. You can climb the ladder with them but the win rates given tells you that the grinding is heavy with these decks. These combo players are resilient ones... my guess: they must spend a LOT of time playing.
So why do they still use them?
- For Fun? Possible, what can be boring for me could be fun for others.
- climbing the ladder? Certainly, but imagine the grind!!!
- Defensive players? It's just speculation here and I could be way off but lets try: Their style of game is not about confronting, winning with no clash seems to appeal to them. It's not a confrontation it's a race. And if you loose "it's because you did not get your cards in time...not because the opponent was better than you", that's something that the player's ego can take.
- Or maybe it's just about playing...not winning (baffles me but ok why not).
So combo players, what is it that is pushing you towards these decks considering the win rates?
Jan 14, 2019Lycaon55 posted a message on [#4 Legend] Maximal's Secret Paladin (74% Winrate)Posted in: [#4 Legend] Maximal's Secret Paladin (74% Winrate)
Good update. The addition of spellbreaker and Tirion makes it a solid deck now.
Jan 12, 2019Posted in: Mr. Yagut's Legend Control Priest [27-6]
I went from Rank 10 to 5 with this deck to which I made some changes. I took out the Elixir and added one more twilight Acolyte and one chief inspector. I beat Hunters (aggro, secret and some death rattle). Odd rogue is 50/50 depends of my draws. Beat warriors, priests, Paladin, warlock and shaman easy.....met only one druid easy win. Twilight Acolyte's synergy with Cabal shadow priest has given incredible swings...like stealing Malygos of priests or hadronox for the only druid I met. Same for shadow madness....play it in the later part of the game when you have your combo pieces ready. That run (rank 10 to 5) gave me a 75% win rate.
My fastest win this deck against death rattle hunter...lethal on turn 4!!
Jan 5, 2019Lycaon55 posted a message on [#4 Legend] Maximal's Secret Paladin (74% Winrate)Posted in: [#4 Legend] Maximal's Secret Paladin (74% Winrate)
I agree, getting the 1 drop or secret in the mulligan is not consistent enough..
Jan 3, 2019Posted in: [Guide] Miracle Priest
Love the deck! Netdeckers looking for an easy deck should stay away. Love the multiple ways and choices you have when you play it. ...challenging..but great fun. I will take some time before I totally master it but it's worth it. A topsy should be in deck in case sulking geist is played.
Dec 28, 2018Posted in: EZ Rank 5 88% (14-2) in 100 Minutes or less
Thanks for the deck! Started to play it yesterday. Tried different Aggro Hunter decks before and this one is the most efficient. I beat most of my opponents between turns 5 - 6 sometimes 7. Easy opponents: Odd Rogue, All priests, Mages..(did not encounter any tempo mages rank 10-6), Druids. Challenging but totally doable: Secret Hunter, Zoo lock, Even Warlock, Even shaman, Deathrattle hunter, deathrattle rogue. Worst matchup Warriors. I made some changes to adapt to my style of play which is tempo: it's more important than just going face.
Dec 24, 2018Posted in: [LEGEND] Bringing Secret Pali Back- 69% Winrate!
I am getting crushed by mages and warlocks.
Big Spell Mage is doable but Odd mage is a pain.
The removals of warlock are too good against this deck. Still trying to beat them though.
Dec 18, 2018Lycaon55 posted a message on For those looking for decks that counter the current meta combo deck and can take on aggro decks (and like to play warlock)Posted in: General Discussion
Not easy to find one but I finally did after trying many decks....all of them warlock obviously as the class has the best combo killer cards.
I got 2 decks that I found on Hpwn. In the right hands, they can not only destroy a combo deck but also crush aggro decks.
- https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1218547-legend-control-warlock-combo-agro-crusher: clear guide, detailed strategy against aggro and control. Not easy to master but once you get the hang of it...it's fun. Gnomeferatu and Demonic Project are the key cards. Demonic Project can be a problem as it can mess up your own cards...timing problem then.
- https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1217435-disrupter-lock : This one is my favorite. Howlfiend and Treachery gives to the deck that extra punch to obliterate a combo deck. Not easy to master but once you get the grip of it..it's fun to play and never boring. I still need to improve in piloting the deck...Hunters are my worst matchups, Mages can be a problem...but for the rest it's getting much easier. TIP: use the Howlfiend combo preferably in the end after Guldan you can then setup the minions to place the combo and drop defile...I have won more matches with Gnomeferatu and Howlfiend that Demonic project.
Below are some of the matches I had against Kingsbane rogue, OTK Uther Paladin, Pirate aggro Pal, shudderwok shaman, Odd paladin. :
Dec 16, 2018Posted in: Legend Control Warlock Combo Agro Crusher
This is the first time ever that I am playing a Control Warlock. Wanted a anti-combo deck that can deal with aggro...got it! Only one question: Void project....when is the ideal turn to use it....I guess at turn 8 if you already have guldan?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.