I wanna discuss these cards a little bit more but before I do would any of you be interested in a STORY about Ulduum using the cards from this set? I’m a creative writer and really enjoy the ART and THEMES of hearthstone - sometimes more than the gameplay haha
I am wondering if Lightforge rate the cards in a vacuum or how they combo with other cards from this set..
1. Zephrys the Great - no doubt best of the set and will be so exciting to use. I think it will require to be put in a very expensive deck though to ensure a high win rate with it.
3. Siamat obviously Op but cool design and going to be hated pretty soon!
4. Colossus of the Moon Huge buff to 10 drops!
6. Vulpera Scoundrel Seems very fun but very frustrating when control gets a spell that wins your board or kills you on the spot.
8. History Buff Fun card :)
9. Quicksand Elemental This will be fun to play but depressing to play against.
11. Bug Collector Boring design but i agree.
12. Temple Berserker Seems good and fun :)
Beaming Sidekick, an insane 1 drop. (I agree with you there!)
Desert Spear will be an autoinclude till it rotates out. Be sure to tech in an ooze! I agree and with Hunter's Pack we will see as many as four of them in a game! Maybe 5 if the Vulpera is lucky.
Scarlet Webweaver This one seems broken. Especially because it is a beast. There is no way big beast hunter won't run this.
Mages have Arcane Flakmage This will be the most hated mage card of the expansion
They also have Reno the Relicologist - this will be fun but not OP. Great design. Good that it doesn't go face.
Paladins got three new great cards, they are Pharaoh's Blessing and Subdue. Subdue seems boring but will be powerful. Ancestral Guardian will be op with Pharaoh's Blessing! Turn 4 Guardian. Turn 5 buff guardian if not dead or subdue a minion to 1/1 and trade with guardian. turn 6 Buff Guardian or Reborn guardian with Pharaoh's blessing.
Is it just me or is this set calling for more silences than any other set of Hearthstone?
Penance seems really good but will probably fizzle a lot of the time and not provide enough value.
No mention of rogue quest? I feel it will be so easy to complete and the weapon seems OP!
Shamans got an interesting card Plague of Murlocs I agree with you here but it will be their get out of jail free card when things don't go their way in a variety of games/match ups. Control aggro etc.
Zoolocks could be the strongest deck in the expansion due to Plague of Flames (230) that lets them clear your board and rebuild theirs.
- agree that kind of removal is too good!
Diseased Vulture (201) will win zoolocks games on it's own if it lives. I think warlocks will build deck around buffing this card.
They got a good removal in the form of Impbalming [/card] (168) but I don't see control warlock being viable and you can't run this in highlander. You sort of can't run it you're right but if it would be just a one of and you could hold it in hand for emergency maybe. Maybe the highlander deck can last long enough until the imps are free?
For all the hype over Riftcleaver (137) it's still worse than Siphon Soul. I don't know if I agree with you. It provides pressure and removal in one. And it's a demon. And it's good in wild when you spell cost too much. But maybe it's too random to be reliable.
- I agree and i also wonder why you didn't talk about the warrior card that makes copies of damaged minions?
- True! I absolutely HATE Omega Devastator. It stopped me playing ranked and made me quit the game for ages. It's ridiculous how it can be discovered about 6 or 7 times in a game. I don't know why they didn't nerf it or change it so it wasn't a mech.
I agree but the low health could be an issue.
I really don't know what class I am keen to play more. They are all so different and each has one or two really fun cards.