- Registered User
Member for 3 years, 6 months, and 15 days
Last active Wed, Nov, 24 2021 10:28:30
- 0 Followers
- 26 Total Posts
- 13 Thanks
Dec 1, 2020Posted in: General Discussion
Hi, welcome back! Let me first answer your questions:
1) Achievements are mainly for fun, but a few give exp, most notably all the Darkmoon quests. However, these will often require certain legendaries to complete, so there not worth focussing on for a new account IMO.
2) Yep, all old achievements that granted gold have been replaced with ones that offer exp.
3) The best way to get packs is just to play the game. If you're good at Arena or Heroic Duels, you can earn packs there as well (as I'm sure you know). Playing ranked is now a better way to earn packs that it used to be, since you earn packs in your monthly reward chest.
4) You only miss out on the fun ;) Some quests are tied to specific game modes, but then can be re-rolled. However, I would advise you to try them out, you might like them!
5) Most people use HS deck tracker, check hsreplay.net
6) For solo content, Galakrond's Awakening is the only one that grants cards the way old adventures used to do. However, keep in mind that those cards rotate out this April, so it might not be worth spending gold or money on. Otherwise, completing the Demon Hunter prologue that unlocks Demon Hunter's basic set is definitely the most rewarding (and free), and each of the Books of Heroes mini adventures will grant you one pack, and they're very easily completed (no deck building at all, just premade decks). My advice: play the Demon Hunter prologue as soon as you can to unlock what is currently one of the best classes. Play the Book of Heroes ones when you're looking for a break from constructed, but you don't have to prioritize them.
7) Okay, advice time! Quite a lot has changed since you last played. Ranked has been overhauled and now offer far better rewards, which you can see by clicking your reward chest in the journal. There's also the duplicate protection rule, which means that you won't open duplicates until you've opened every card of a rarity (so, no duplicate commons until you've opened every common and so forth.) This makes collecting easier. However, since there are so many powerful legendaries, you have to be extra careful with what you're crafting. Rise of Shadows, Saviors of Uldum and Decent of Dragons are rotating next April, so try to avoid crafting any legendaries from those sets.
When it comes to the free deck, I would choose the Paladin one. Not only is it a top tier deck, all the best cards in it is from this year and won't rotate out until April 2022, so it's also great value. You can find all the decks here.
I hope you're having fun so far! Feel free to ask more questions :)
Thanks a lot man! That was exactly what i was looking for. Your the mvp! :)
Dec 1, 2020Posted in: General Discussion
Thanks for all the replies so far. Can't really understand the negativity about the game right now, Hearthstone was always expensive... So uninstalling won't be an option for me tho. ;)
Dec 1, 2020Posted in: General Discussion
I last played Hearthstone in the end of 2018. Now I thought I could return to the game and do business as usual. Made a new account because my old one didn't have much cards anyway, started the game and saw that a lot of stuff changed. Now I'm thankful for every information about the recent changes the community can provide. To start off, I have a few questions:
1. What's the purpose of the achievement system? Can you use the achievement points at all? I saw some achievements give battlepass-EXP, are there any useful aspects besides that?
2. Does the new achievement system substitute old achievements? Like I didn't get 100g for defeating every Expert AI Hero which was an achievement back in the days.
3. What are easy ways for beginners to get packs besides playing the game the normal way? In the past you just could to the achievements as mentioned above, plus do some stuff like exploiting the Galaxy Gifts etc. Are there still possible ways after the recent changes?
4. Do I miss out on something if I just want to play constructed? Is Battlegrounds, Duels etc. required for some progress or card packs?
5. Inkeeper isn't supported anymore, do you use new programs now for an easy overview?
6. Which solo-content is worth doing? Like where are actually good rewards which are worth spending the amount of time?
7. What are some general tips you would give a returning player after the changes?
Thanks a lot in advance! I remember the Hearthpwn community as a pretty helpful community, I hope at least that didn't change! :D
Feb 5, 2019Posted in: General Discussion
Even Warlock complaining about Clone Priest and Deathrattle Priest.
First Quest Priest dies like an idiot to Drakes and Giants before turn 7 and if you lose you SUCK BIG TIME!!!
Second against Clone idiocy you have several tech choices where you can put Gnomeferatu (Burn a Maly/Velen and they are GG) and Demonic Project and Skulking Geist to make their combo burn.
If you fail to adapt the overpowered problem is that you lack the skill !!!
This is the biggest nonsense I read in a long time, what a joke. Turn 3/4 is the first possibility to bring out an minion for Evenlock (you need to draw Drake/Giant first.) If you have them, Giants will 95% removed by SWP. Drakes only deal 4 DMG, so 2 dmg per round -heal. Also mass hysteria / psychic screams are easy peasy clears for priest. It's just total BS that you can kill them "easy" before turn 7 when your first drop is turn 4. This is just the short explaination for dummies since I don't want to waste my time on your senseless argument.
To the tech cards: Sure, let's just put a bunch of useless cards against most other meta decks in the list to perform MAYBE, with tons of RNG (Demonic Project, Gnomferatu), better against one class out there. Geist removes Holy Smite, wow, just 4 mindsblasts left.
Your post must be a troll, otherwise I totally lost faith in humanity.
Feb 3, 2019Posted in: General Discussion
I wouldn’t say it’s overpowered because there is a high learning curve that goes with Priest playing OTK.
The problem is losing to other OTK decks feels like you’ve wasted your time against someone that’s not running any real strategy. The learning curve for playing OTK decks in the most part is far too low. It should be more complicated than simply burning through your cards. This goes for any Mech deck.
High learning curve? 1. Heal 2. Heal/Spirit Lash 3. Heal / Weird Minion who gives you a coin 4. Heal / Coin Mass Hysteria 5. Mass Hysteria 6. Heal 7. Psychic Scream 8. Coin + Gallery + Mindblast + Mindblast = Lethal. Guess it's pretty complicated to handle so much cards. :D (But for real, Hearthstone isn't the most complicated game in the world, nothing in this game has a high learning curve.
OP Scream and Mass Hysteria totally deserving both mana cost nerfs at least +1 mana.
Mass Hysteria is a better Brawl and OP Scream a better Twisting Nether (most of the time). I would make both even +2 mana more expensive if I could...
I think Mass Hysteria is fine because you can play around it. Either play minions with high health, keep odd number of minions to make Mass Hysteria less effective and/or have Deathrattle minions so Deathrattle gets activated. Psychic Scream on the other hand is a total board clear that you cannot play around, I could easily see it nerfed to 10 mana.
You're totally right, never thought of playing around cards! So I just stop dropping minions until turn 5 or even better, build a whole deathrattle minion deck as suggested just to counterplay one single card from one single class. Brilliant. :)
Feb 2, 2019Posted in: General Discussion
So, your opinion on Priest? I'm just curious since I read a lot of threads complaining about hunter, but noone seems to have problems with Priests? Endless removal, healing, way too easy and too early OTK combos or just drop 5 Amaras and play with 2 decks thanks to Benedicuts. My personal opinion is that Priest has more overpowerd tools than any other class, but that's just my expirience. Feels free to share yours. ;)
Fun Fact: 20% Winrate against Priest with my Even Warlock while being around 60 to 70% against every other class. OMEGALUL
Edit: Please keep in mind that this whole thread is about Standart Format only, since wild is just for the memes anyway.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.