Tombs of Terror Information and Strategy Guide
Tombs of Terror is the Solo Adventure accompanying the Saviors of Uldum expansion where you get to play as 1 of 4 League of Explorers members with a new fascinating dual class system and 6 brand new treasures for each, in the familiar Dungeon Run style. The Adventure consists of 5 Chapters, the first 4 of which culminate in fighting a dreadful Plague Lord, who has a persistent health pool between fights, leading to the fifth Chapter dubbed The Finale, which is as of yet a "delightful mystery"...
- Guide to Chapter 1: The Lost City of the Tol'Vir HERE.
- Guide to Chapter 2: The Scorching Dunes HERE.
- Guide to Chapter 3: Khartut’s Tomb HERE.
- Guide to Chapter 4: The Halls of Origination HERE.
- Guide to Chapter 5: The Finale HERE.
Click to Navigate
- Chapter 1: The Lost City of the Tol’vir (FREE!): Live!.
- Chapter 2: The Scorching Dunes: Live!
- Chapter 3: Khartut’s Tomb: September 24th
- Chapter 4: The Halls of Origination: October 1st
- The Finale: October 1st
The first chapter will be available completely free to everyone.
Chapters II, III, and IV can be unlocked individually for 700 in-game gold (or €6.99 EUR/$6.99 USD) each or all at once in a €14.99 EUR/$14.99 USD launch bundle.
Players may also choose to pre-purchase the Tombs of Terror Deluxe Adventure Bundle (available for a limited time until September 17th) that includes the full experience, as well as a random Legendary card from Saviors of Uldum and a League of Explorers-themed card back, for €19.99 EUR/$19.99 USD.
- Each run you can play as 1 of 4 Explorer Heroes: Reno Jackson, Sir Finley Mrrggllton, Elise Starseeker and Brann Bronzebeard. Unlock the Heroes with different chapters.
- Each Hero is dual class meaning they have cards and Treasures available to them that pertain to 2 classes instead of 1.
- Reno is both Mage and Rogue.
- Sir Finley is both Paladin and Shaman.
- Elise is both Druid and Priest.
- Brann is both Hunter and Warrior.
- You can pick a starting Hero, Treasure, Hero Power and Adventure Deck for each run from the things you have unlocked.
- Each Hero has a Treasure available that is a Junior Minion that further upgrades into a Senior Minion when you have defeated the first 4 chapters.
- Each Chapter in the Adventure has a final boss called a Plague Lord.
- These Plague Lords have persistent Health Pools, meaning that if you bring them down to half health and then die, that on your next run the Plague Lord will start the fight at half health (as opposed to back to full health as ususal).
- The Plague Lords have more tricks up their sleeve, as they change tactics and Hero Powers during the fight as their health goes down, becoming even more deadly!
- There are 78 unique bosses in Tombs of Terror.
- The Tavern mechanic is back, and so is Bob!
- Anomalies and Twists are back too.
Players who brave the Tombs of Terror can earn 3 Saviors of Uldum card packs for completing each chapter and the final encounter—15 Saviors of Uldum card packs in total—an additional golden Classic pack for clearing all four chapters, and unique card backs for finishing the entire Adventure in the normal and Heroic modes.
Normal Mode Card Back
Pre-Order Card Back
Heroic Mode Card Back
The League of E.V.I.L. has brought the hijacked floating citadel of Dalaran to Uldum and let loose several plagues upon the land, which in turn unleashed a host of mighty mythical beings, including the terrible Plague Lords. Thankfully for us Elise Starseeker reunited the League of Explorers and with them we are going to fight evil and save Uldum (and the world) from destruction.
Every Explorer Hero has a Dual Class ability, meaning they get cards, treasures and Hero Powers that play to the strengths of 2 classes. Every Chapter unlocks a new one (except obviously the Finale). Each Hero has a choice of 6 Treasures and 3 Hero Powers as well as 3 starter decks, listed below for your perusal. For the non Hero-Specific Treasures, check our datamining HERE
Reno Jackson. Dual Classes: Mage and Rogue. Unlocked Chapter 1.
|Minion (5)||Ability (5)|
Sir Finley Mrrgglton. Dual Classes: Paladin and Shaman. Unlocked Chapter 2.
|Minion (6)||Ability (3)||Weapon (1)|
Elise Starseeker. Dual Classes: Druid and Priest. Unlocked Chapter 3.
|Minion (5)||Ability (5)|
Brann Bronzebeard. Dual Classes: Hunter and Warrior. Unlocked Chapter 4.
|Minion (6)||Ability (2)||Weapon (2)|
You will find all the information about the Plague Lords and other bosses, and how to fight them, in the Chapter Guides. Click on the orange Chapter headings to go straight to the relevant chapter!
Twists are a game mechanic that changes up the usual game play. Each Chapter has one active at all times.
- When you have unlocked all 5 chapters of Tombs of Terror you will get a new play option, Anomalies.
- The new game mode can be activated by the button above the "Go" button on each chapter.
- The game mode adds a random Anomaly to the run, in addition to the Twist that is active in that Chapter.