Updates (Time in EST)
1:09 PM (Weds): Check out our Card Clarification Roundup!
11:50 PM: ANIMATED GOLDEN CARDS!!
9:17 PM: Updated card changes section with race changes.
8:52 PM: Added card flavor text
8:47 PM: Added BNet background image for Goblins vs Gnomes.
8:30 PM: Added card changes.
8:23 PM: Added card art changes
Goblins vs Gnomes Patch Changes
A Hearthstone patch has appeared on the download servers, and it contains Goblins.. and Gnomes!
Animated Golden Cards
Our HearthPwn developer masterminds have generated some incredibly awesome golden cards for you to enjoy. See below for a glimpse of what Goblins vs Gnomes has to offer in its collection of golden cards, and be sure to head on over to our database to view all the golden cards! Remember to mouseover the golden cards on our database listing to see them animate!
We recommend using Google Chrome to see the cards in their highest quality (webm). Other browsers see gifs.
Goblins vs Gnomes Launch Event
We have datamined information about a Goblins vs Gnomes launch event. Logging into the game during the launch event will give you a free arena run and three free Goblins vs Gnomes card packs. We don't know how long the launch event will last, but if it's anything like Naxxramas, it should last a couple of months. Blizzard has not yet released a statement on the GvG Launch Event.
Quest changes which reference the launch event can be seen below, alongside the other quest changes (Woo Android!).
- Goblins and Gnomes have been tinkering with the Arena!! Get a sneak peek at new cards there with a free Arena run!
- Goblins vs Gnomes Arena Mischief! - Play during the Goblins vs Gnomes pre-launch event.
- Rewards: Free Arena Entry
- Goblins vs Gnomes has Arrived! - Play during the opening of the Goblins vs Gnomes expansion!
- Rewards: Three Goblins vs Gnomes Card Pack
- Android Tablet - Awarded for playing a game on an Android tablet.
- Rewards: 1 Card Pack
- IGR Login Reward (Netcafes) - This is no longer obtainable.
New Card Art
Ragnaros the Firelord, Stormpike Commando, and Haunted Creeper have all had minor visual updates to their art. Haunted Creeper is slightly brighter, Stormpike Commando has higher contrast, and Ragnaros is much more awesome.
Battle.net Launcher - New Hearthstone Background
A Goblins vs Gnomes background was added to the BNet client earlier today. It should go live once the expansion launches on December 8th.
Flavor Text Changes
- Ancestor's Call (New) "Hey! Ancestors!" - Ancestor's call
- Anima Golem (New) The Dark Animus is evil and mysterious and huge and unable to write sentences that utilize proper grammar.
- Annoy-o-Tron (New) The inventor of the Annoy-o-Tron was immediately expelled from Tinkerschool, Tinkertown, and was eventually exiled from the Eastern Kingdoms altogether.
- Anodized Robo Cub (New) It's adorable! AND OH MY GOODNESS WHY IS IT EATING MY FACE
- Antique Healbot (New) They don't make 'em like they used to! (Because of explosions, mostly.)
- Arcane Nullifier X-21 (New) There was some hard talk between gnome magi and engineers about inventing this mech.
- Blingtron 3000 (New) PREPARE PARTY SERVOS FOR IMMEDIATE DEPLOYMENT.
- Bolvar Fordragon (New) Spoiler alert: Bolvar gets melted and then sits on an ice throne and everyone forgets about him.
- Bomb Lobber (New) He lobbies Orgrimmar daily on behalf of bombs.
- Bouncing Blade (New) Only goblins would think this was a good idea. Even they are starting to have their doubts.
- Burly Rockjaw Trogg (New) He's burly because he does CrossFit.
- Call Pet (New) Real hunters tame hungry crabs.
- Clockwork Giant (New) He and Mountain Giant don't get along.
- Clockwork Gnome (New) Clockwork gnomes are always asking what time it is.
- Cobalt Guardian (New) Guardians used to be built out of Adamantium, but production got moved to Gadgetzan and Cobalt was cheap.
- Cobra Shot (New) "Cobra Shot" hurts way, way, way more than "Cobra Cuddle."
- Coghammer (New) So you ripped this out of a machine, carved some runes on it, stuck it on a handle, and now it's a weapon of great divine power? Seems legit.
- Cogmaster (New) After a while, you don't see the cogs and sprockets. All you see is a robot, a spider tank, a deathray...
- Cogmaster's Wrench (New) For tightening cogs and smashin' troggs!
- Crackle (New) Snap! This card! Pop!
- Crush (New) Using this card on your enemies is one of the best things in life, according to some barbarians.
- Dark Wispers (New) Don't worry; we fired the person who named this card.
- Darkbomb (New) If you're looking to make an "Emo" deck, this card is perfect!
- Demonheart (New) Virtually every member of the pro demon lobby is a warlock. Weird.
- Dr. Boom (New) MARVEL AT HIS MIGHT!
- Druid of the Fang (New) The Druids of the Fang live in the Wailing Caverns. They wear cool snake shirts and tell snake jokes and say "bro" a lot.
- Dunemaul Shaman (New) He just closes his eyes and goes for it. Raarararrrarar!
- Echo of Medivh (New) Medivh's echo haunts Karazhan, eternally cheating at chess and Hearthstone.
- Enhance-o Mechano (New) His enhancements are gluten free!
- Explosive Sheep (New) How is this supposed to work? Your enemies think, "Hey! Cute sheep!" and run over to cuddle it?
- Feign Death (New) The hardest part about doing a "Feign Death" convincingly is learning how to make the right smell. It takes a lot of commitment.
- Fel Cannon (New) The box says, "New and improved, with 200% more fel!"
- Fel Reaver (New) So reaver. Much fel. Wow.
- Flame Leviathan (New) Mimiron likes to take the Flame Leviathan out on some sweet joyrides.
- Flamecannon (New) Calling something a flamecannon really doesn't do much to distinguish it from other goblin devices.
- Floating Watcher (New) "Evil Eye Watcher of Doom" was the original name, but marketing felt it was a bit too aggressive.
- Flying Machine (New) To operate, this contraption needs a hula doll on the dashboard. Otherwise it's just a “falling machine.”
- Foe Reaper 4000 (New) Foe reaping is really not so different from harvest reaping, at the end of the day.
- Force-Tank MAX (New) There is a factory in Tanaris for crafting force-tanks, but it only ever made two, because of cost overruns.
- Gahz'rilla (New) The Sen'jin High football team is The Gahz'rillas.
- Gazlowe (New) Gazlowe was voted "Most Likely to Explode" in high school.
- Gilblin Stalker (New) "Shhh, I think I hear something." "Ah, it's probably nothing." - Every Henchman
- Glaivezooka (New) For the times when a regular bazooka just isn't enough.
- Gnomeregan Infantry (New) The gnomes are valiant and ready to return to their irradiated, poorly ventilated homeland!
- Gnomish Experimenter (New) He's legitimately surprised every time he turns himself into a chicken.
- Goblin Auto-Barber (New) This guy is excellent at adjusting your haircut and/or height.
- Goblin Blastmage (New) If you can't find a bomb to throw, just pick up any goblin invention and throw that.
- Goblin Sapper (New) He’s not such a binge exploder anymore. These days, he only explodes socially.
- Grove Tender (New) Likes: Hiking and the great outdoors. Dislikes: Goblin shredders and sandals. (Can’t find any that fit!).
- Hemet Nesingwary (New) It's hard to make a living as a hunter in a world where beasts instantly reappear minutes after you kill them.
- Hobgoblin (New) Hobgoblins are meeting next week to discuss union benefits. First on the list: dental plan.
- Illuminator (New) "LUMOS!" is not what they yell. What do you think this is, Hogwarts?
- Imp-losion (New) The shrapnel is waaaaay worse than the explosion.
- Iron Juggernaut (New) The Iron Juggernaut guards Orgrimmar and has just earned the "Employee of the Month" award!
- Iron Sensei (New) Mechs like learning from him because he really speaks their language. 0110100001101001
- Jeeves (New) This robot is a lean, mean, butlerin' machine.
- Junkbot (New) One bot's junk is another bot's AWESOME UPGRADE!
- Kezan Mystic (New) They pretend to be wise and enlightened, but they mostly just hate to be left out of a secret.
- King of Beasts (New) He never sleeps. Not even in the mighty jungle.
- Light of the Naaru (New) "Light it up!" - Command given to both Lightwardens and Goblins holding Flamecannons.
- Lightbomb (New) This is what happens when you allow goblins to be priests.
- Lil' Exorcist (New) Warlocks have the town exorcist on speed dial in case they unleash the wrong demon.
- Lost Tallstrider (New) The message, "If found, please return to Mulgore," is tattooed on his rear.
- Madder Bomber (New) Dang, Bomber, calm down.
- Mal'Ganis (New) Mal'Ganis doesn't like being betrayed, so if you discard him, watch out.
- Malorne (New) When Malorne isn't mauling hordes of demons, he enjoys attending parties, though he prefers to go stag.
- Mechanical Yeti (New) The yetis of Chillwind Point are a source of both inspiration and savage beatings.
- Mech-Bear-Cat (New) Crushes buildings with his BEAR hands.
- Mechwarper (New) Mechs that summon mechs? What's next? Donuts that summon donuts? Mmmmm.
- Mekgineer Thermaplugg (New) He was obsessed with explosives until he discovered knitting. Now he yells, “SWEATERS! MORE SWEATERS!”
- Metaltooth Leaper (New) Don't leave them out in the rain. In Un'Goro Crater there is a whole colony of rust-tooth leapers.
- Micro Machine (New) This card is the real thing.
- Mimiron's Head (New) Do not push the big red button!
- Mini-Mage (New) He is sometimes found hiding in the treasure chest in the Gurubashi Arena.
- Mistress of Pain (New) Her sister is the Mistress of Pane who sells windows and shower doors.
- Mogor the Ogre (New) Mogor helped reopen the Dark Portal once. You know you're in trouble when you have to rely on an ogre.
- Muster for Battle (New) "I'm bringing the guacamole!" – One of the most successful (yet rare) Silver Hand rallying cries
- Neptulon (New) Neptulon is "The Tidehunter". He’s one of the four elemental lords. And he and Ragnaros get together and make really amazing saunas.
- Ogre Brute (New) Ogres have really terrible short-term chocolate.
- Ogre Ninja (New) He didn't have the grades to get into ninja school, but his dad pulled some strings.
- Ogre Warmaul (New) Simple, misguided, and incredibly dangerous. You know, like most things ogre.
- One-eyed Cheat (New) When pirates say there is no "Eye" in "team," they are very literal about it.
- Piloted Shredder (New) Once upon a time, only goblins piloted shredders. These days, everyone from Doomsayer to Lorewalker Cho seems to ride one.
- Piloted Sky Golem (New) The pinnacle of goblin engineering. Includes an espresso machine and foot massager.
- Powermace (New) People assume that shamans control the elements, but really, they have to ask them stuff and the elements are like, "Yeah ok, sure."
- Puddlestomper (New) He pays homage to Morgl, the great murloc oracle! (Who doesn't??)
- Quartermaster (New) His specialty? Dividing things into four pieces.
- Recombobulator (New) For when you didn’t combobulate quite right the first time around.
- Recycle (New) Druidic recycling involves putting plastics in one bin and enemy minions in another bin.
- Sabotage (New) Rogues can't stand it. They know you planned it! They are going to set you straight!
- Salty Dog (New) He's recently recovered from being a "scurvy dog."
- Scarlet Purifier (New) The Scarlet Crusade is doing market research to find out if the "Mauve Crusade" would be better received.
- Screwjank Clunker (New) If it breaks, just kick it a couple of times while yelling "Durn thing!"
- Seal of Light (New) The walrus of Light restores EIGHT Health.
- Shadowbomber (New) Shadowbomber does her job, but she's kind of phoning it in at this point.
- Shadowboxer (New) Punching is its primary function. Also, its secondary function.
- Shielded Minibot (New) He chooses to believe what he is programmed to believe!
- Shieldmaiden (New) She has three shieldbearers in her party to supply her with back ups when she gets low on durability.
- Ship's Cannon (New) If you hear someone yell, "Cannonball!" you're about to get wet. Or crushed.
- Shrinkmeister (New) After the debacle of the Gnomish World Enlarger, gnomes are wary of size-changing inventions.
- Siege Engine (New) Wintergrasp Keep's only weakness!
- Siltfin Spiritwalker (New) The elements respond to anyone who calls them for a worthy cause, even if you call them by yelling, "MRGHRGLGLGL!"
- Sneed's Old Shredder (New) When Sneed was defeated in the Deadmines, his shredder was sold at auction to an anonymous buyer. (Probably Hogger.)
- Snowchugger (New) Do the slow chant when he waddles by: "Chug! Chug! Chug!"
- Soot Spewer (New) The inventor of the goblin shredder is involved in several patent disputes with the inventor of the soot spewer.
- Spider Tank (New) "What if we put guns on it?" -Fizzblitz, staring at the spider-transportation-machine
- Steamwheedle Sniper (New) Goblins seldom have the patience for sniping. Most prefer lobbing explosives.
- Stonesplinter Trogg (New) The only thing worse than smelling troggs is listening to their poetry.
- Target Dummy (New) The engineering equivalent of a "Kick Me" sticker.
- Tinker's Sharpsword Oil (New) "Get ready to strike oil!" - Super-cheesy battle cry
- Tinkertown Technician (New) Won't you take me to... Tinkertown?
- Toshley (New) Something about power converters.
- Trade Prince Gallywix (New) Gallywix believes in supply and demand. He supplies the beatings and demands you pay up!
- Tree of Life (New) Healing: It grows on trees!
- Troggzor the Earthinator (New) He keeps earthinating the countryside despite attempts to stop him.
- Unstable Portal (New) The denizens of Azeroth have no idea how much work goes into stabilizing portals. We spend like 30% of GDP on portal upkeep.
- Upgraded Repair Bot (New) It's the same as the previous generation but they slapped the word "upgraded" on it to sell it for double.
- Velen's Chosen (New) Velen wrote a "Lovely Card" for Tyrande with a picture of the Deeprun Tram that said "I Choo-Choo-Choose you!"
- Vitality Totem (New) You can usually find these at the totemist's market on Saturdays.
- Vol'jin (New) Vol'jin is a shadow hunter, which is like a shadow priest except more voodoo.
- Warbot (New) Mass production of warbots was halted when it was discovered that they were accidentally being produced at "sample size."
- Wee Spellstopper (New) Bane of spellcasters and spelling bees everywhere.
- Whirling Zap-o-matic (New) If you pay a little extra, you can get it in "candy-apple red."
- Soulfire now costs 1 (up from 0)
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 (up from 5)
- Flare now costs 2 (up from 1)
- Alarm-o-Bot is now a Mech.
- Demolisher is now a Mech.
- Damaged Golem is now a Mech.
- Druid of the Claw is now a Beast.
- Druid of the Claw is now a Beast.
- Emboldener 3000 is now a Mech.
- Harvest Golem is now a Mech.
- Homing Chicken is now a Mech.
- Mechanical Dragonling is now a Mech.
- Poultryizer is now a Mech.
- Repair Bot is now a Mech.
Goblins vs Gnomes Information & Cards
We've launched a dedicated page for Goblins vs Gnomes which contains information on the expansion and has lists of all the new cards!