Black King Boss Guide
Welcome to our Black King boss guide for the One Night in Karazhan adventure. Below you can find more information on this fight including tips to fight against the boss, successful deck lists, and the rewards!
Table of Contents
Black King is the third and final boss in The Parlor wing of the One Night in Karazhan adventure.
- Hero Power: Cheat
Pro Tips and Strategy
- You won't need to build a deck for this fight but you must make valuable plays against the Black King as unlike normal difficulty, you can't Discover new chess pieces.
- Positioning is the main component to this fight.
- He can use his hero power to cheat which gets rid of your left-most minion. Keep your Pawns to the left.
- You want to avoid having minions directly across from his when attacking, you want your minions to be between his so that they will attack twice.
- You can rearrange your own minions through Castle. Useful to move healers around and target specific minions.
- If Black Queen comes into play you want to make it a priority target.
- Black Bishop is secondary on the priority list. Letting it heal for too long will result in sad times.
- White Queen is an absolute monster. Use her to clear the board easily. Protect the Queen - you only get one!
- White Knight is awesome. It is the only minion that you can choose where it attacks regardless of its position. Keep it away from the left side of the board at all costs and use it to make effective trades.
- White Bishop is your source of healing. Keeping your White Knight and White Queen healed will help assert dominance. You can later use your hero power to move this over to other minions which require aid.
- White Pawn is your primary mulligan target. They will protect your better minions and are playable at any point in the game thanks to their mana cost of 1.
Defeating Black King for the first time will reward you with cards!
Once the regular version of the card(s) is unlocked, you can craft the golden versions.
One Night in Karazhan Bosses
We've got boss guides for all the other One Night in Karazhan bosses! Click on their portraits below to learn more about their fights.