I used the elixir pulling extra cards without fatigue) for the paladin spells cost 2 less tolling of the bell deck. It works best with low cost
It was nuts with the elixir for extra shuffle with the duplitransmogrifier on pogohopper with battlecries activate twice anomaly. It was a perfect combination of cards and effects.
Loving DH so much.
Ah there it is! I didn't think if it in context of pulling the Sound the Bells "I win" card more reliably. I once tried a Sound the Bells manacost reduction run but I actually lost it because I never drew the key card during the boss fight that I lost. This would definitely have helped.
I did the same a few days ago and it was a whole lot of fun! Whenever I was riding on a bus, or waiting in a line...etc I would boot up dalaran heist on my phone and play some.
The most fun chapters for me were 4 (because some minions that are normally bad because of their stat lines can suddenly be good or even op) and 5 ( because those four last bosses consistently gave some of the most fun games ever )
The most op passive is definitely the robes. I NEVER lost a heroic run when I picked this passive ( there were some close calls though ) . I actually lost a couple of normal runs with it which is kind of funny but that's just how RNG works.
There were a lot of highlights but the most memorable one for me is the warlock deck with robes and double health passives , the +2 mana crystals anomaly , and a 0 mana Rin, the First Disciple that was always in the opening hand. 90% of games after I assembled this combo pretty much ended after a turn 5 Azari. I would have loved to play the ,,endless run,, mode that Blizz decided against implementing with this deck haha.
Oh snap. What a combo/luck! Easy steamroll right there!
I love the single player so much more than the ladder right now. Been having to grind the gold for it though (since i didnt have the cash to buy it). I'm 20 gold away from the final 700g for the last wing. :-D Been quite the gold-grindfest! Haha!
Enjoy the last wing with your hard-earned gold! :) It's definitely one of the better wings. Have fun!
I've been streaming my attempts, with chaos mode on since I figured out how to turn it on, so for 90% of them. Only have two left. Once finished I will make a youtube account for my streaming stuff, and post the compilations of the wins for each wing. (After I learn how to do that)
This is something I started on. Any tips for the 3rd chapter? The twist there has to be the most boring/annoying where it just limits your board spaces to 4. I can usually get through every boss easy enough until I have to fight Jepetto at the end every single time and he just steamrolls me.
Yeah, Jeppetto can sometimes just roll the nuts (turn 1/2 Sylvanas + Sneed draws) and it can be hard for even the most OP decks to deal with that.
Most of the times, I just tried to avoid killing his 1/1 minions if possible so that he always has a board of just 1/1s. I'll usually kill the highmanes though because they just spawn 2/2s which aren't so bad. He always starts his turn with a new 1/1 so that's a predictable pattern to try and exploit. With that whole chapter, I always tried to make sure I selected big minions and buffs while being conservative enough to play as much around Sylvanas as possible.
One time I got double battlecry and picked up Marin the Fox. When that happened, he only had two board spaces to work with since the chests ate up two of them >.< GG
(I've heard of people doing the same thing with Saronite Taskmaster.)
Ridiculous number of games but I finally beat all 5 wings of the Dalaran Heist - each with all nine heroes!
Anyone else here done the same?
The completionist in me enjoys seeing a full set of crowns next to the hero portraits... but I don't think I would even dare spending the time trying to finish with all the hero powers and decks as well. That's a little too much of a time investment for me.
- Robes of Gaudiness is usually an instant-win, but it gets boring so I tried to find alternative ways to complete the runs.
- Duplitransmogrifier can be INSANE in the right match. I steamrolled one game by transmogrifying all my minions into one of the Jade golem-generating minions. Another game I transformed everything into a Mal'Ganis. With Skull of the Man'ari equipped, it was GG.
- Literally never ONCE used the elixir that draws extra cards for you each turn. Anyone find any consistent/clever use of this passive?
- Once I had the duplicating Patron treasure minion get set to be in my opening hand, +2/2 bonus, and +4/4 bonus while costing 2 more. Plopping an ever-replicating 9/9 minion on the board was sooo satisfying.
‐ I really enjoyed the Citadel and Bank wings. Really disliked the underbelly. Found the attack/health swap passive there to be lame, frustrating, and a bit unoriginal.
- Shaman and Druid and Warrior were fairly tough heroes for me in the citadel (though Druid was amazing everywhere else). The most reliable hero for me was either Paladin or Hunter. The anomaly that gives your minions +1/1 each turn combined with hunter 1-mana per generation power is an insta win. And having a 1 mana discount on minions + the +1/1 passive combined with the Paladin's hero power that generated 3 silver hand recruits in your hand also is an instant win. It's like a better version of Azalina Soulthief's hero power from monster hunt/brawl.
Overall I really liked the adventure very much. While it does get repetitive and a lot of the customization/replayability is somewhat of an illusion (wings are mostly the same, decks dont really matter... hero powers barely matter most of the time), I still found this to be my favorite adventure yet. I always wished Rumble Run kept track of your wins so you could "beat it with every shrine" so I'm happy that Blizz tracks everything for completionists like me with Heist.
Happy Heisting everyone! What are your thoughts/tips/reactions?