Having seen all the new cards now, what is your opinion on them? There are lots of cards I want to try and there are lots of cards I do not want to play for different reasons. I will give my top 3 cards I like best and top 3 cards I do not like. I am asking you to do the same and hope to create a fun topic:
Top 3 cards I like best:
1) As a huge deathrattle fan (and wild player) I really like: Da Undatakah. I cannot wait to experiment with this card, however I do think the stats are not that great and the art could be better.
2) I really like Stolen Steel because it is finally a stable card that allows you to discover cards from all other classes. Sometimes I feel like a some cards with a discover option should not be limited to your own class and neutral cards. I can't wait to try this out.
3) I am really a fan of The Curator and Ashmore because they bring 3 cards to your hand. So I am really excited about: Soulwarden. Is this the expansion where disco-lock finally will work?
Honorable mentions: Serpent Ward (wow a neutral totem, just like the card for that detail alone), Murloc Tastyfin (funny artwork and finally a murloc with a deathrattle, not really a great one, but still), there are a lot more cards I want to mention here but leave it with these two.
Top 3 cards I do not like:
1) This card is fine by itself: Wardruid Loti but Blizzard is really inconsistent using its wording combined with Fandral Staghelm. First of all: Fandrals wording uses the word "both". How can you combine "both" if you have 4 options (maybe they will change the wording I don't know that). Secondly, if you combine all 4 you create a 7/14 minion not a 4/6. Again, the card by itself is fine, but I think Blizzard is making a bit of a mess here.
2) There are a few cards that are just lazy design: This card is awesome: Zul'jin, but it's hero power is just really boring: Berserker Throw. Also: Seance, already exists, except now they left the word "friendly" out. Another example is: Sul'thraze. The wording is slightly different bu it is almost the same as: Fool's Bane. At least how you will use the weapon. Another example is: Former Champ, the 6 mana 1/1 that summons a 6/6 was pretty bad, now they made a 5/5 version of it. Because these cards are boring, I think they belong in my top 3 cards I do not like.
3) This card is so bad I might use it in meme decks but there is almost nothing I like about: Banana Buffoon. Stats are bad for a 3 mana card and the battlecry isn't that good either (only if you combo with apprentice and the 2/3 priest elemental that reduces spells by (1). For me the name is bad, the art is bad, the effect and stats are bad, but most of all: why isn't this a beast? All other monkeys are beasts, but this one not. Why the inconsistency Blizzard?
Anyway, to end on a positive note: I really like the new expansion and am happy with most of the new cards. Cannot wait till next week, now please give your top 3 cards you like and do not like and motivate your choices.
Im looking forward to Mass Hysteria as it feels like it requires more skill than the average board clear, a bit like spotting a really good Defile.
Hakkar the soulflayer is a really interesting mechanic, i dont like people rapid drawing their decks with impunity. I don't see this as necessarily game winning and probably terrible to rely on but it will feature in some very funny meme decks.
2. Da Undatakah: Basically the same as you. I also mainly play wild and there's a lot of cool stuff you can do with this card. I also agree that the artwork could have been better though.
3. Zentimo: card seems insane to me and I think it's going to find a place in most shaman decks. I can't wait to try it in more greedy ways like with Unstable Evolution in evolve shaman. I also have to give Krag'wa, the Frog an honorable mention (he would probably take the 4th spot of my favorite cards we're going to get.) can't wait to play him in evolve shaman and fill my hand with unstable evolutions. Also I love frogs.
Other honorable mentions: The discard cards for warlock look really exciting to me, I've always wanted to try out Lakkari Sacrifice but I didn't want to craft it. If I open High Priestess Jeklik and I enjoy playing with her and the new discard cards I will finally have a good reason to craft the quest. I'm also pretty excited to try out rush warrior with Spirit of the Rhino, since that card seems really good to me.
1. Revenge of the Wild: The effect is cool but to me it seems way too undercosted at 2 mana. I hope I'm wrong about this card but I fear we're going to see a lot of it. I am looking forward to comboing it with Flark's Boom-Zooka though.
2. Mosh'Ogg Announcer: this card is going to be really annoying in arena and will probably decide games based on its effect, I really hate it. It's also one of those useless epics that suck to get from packs
3. Void Contract: When Gnomeferatu and Skulking Geist were initially revealed I hated them because I didn't like the idea of people being able to mess with their opponent's decks. Now I'm actually totally fine with them (most of the time) but this card is on a whole other level of messing with your opponent's deck. Fortunately I do think the card is terrible and it likely won't see any play, but I know that sometimes my opponent is going to get this from a random effect and will then proceed to destroy all the exciting cards I put into my deck. On top of that it's another terrible epic that has a chance to pop up in packs.
(dis)honorable mention: Gurubashi Offering, I'm totally okay with the effect, but I hate that this is an epic. Epics are hard enough to get as it is, but having the chance to pull this instead of an actual cool card sucks.
Dishonorable mention: Bwonsamdi, the Dead - If you don't play it in conjuction with Spirit of the Dead he makes no sense whatsoever. How does drawing your Northshire Clerics, Fire Flies, and Angry Chickens have anything to do with "the Dead". Pretty bad design IMO. But I will say that the effect in and of itself is indeed quite interesting, especially with that Spirit.
2. Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk: Ragnaros is just a super unfun card most of the time. He's really oppressive except against a lot of small minions in which case he would kind of suck even. He basically has "Charge" and "Immune while attacking" with the only downside being he attacks totally random. But the "Immune while attacking" is just so insane. So even for 8 Mana he's pretty much broken a lot of the time. And now you get it for only 7 Mana and you can summon him multiple times with Pandas and Zola? I mean even the requirement is extremely easy to met with the help of the new cards. And also I really like to play mage for all the fun stuff you can do with Deck of Wonders and just in general random mage spells and such. And we get this as the Loa? I'm rather disappointed I have to say.
You are the first person I see that completely shares my opinion about Bwonsamdi. Most of the other loas can still be played successfilly without their respective spirit cards but Bwonsamdi is really dependent on it. And like you said, the effect is interesting, but drawing 1-cost minions doesn't have anything to do with the dead. Flavorwise Bwonsamdi is probably the biggest disappointment in the set for me.
I also agree about Jan'alai. Summoning Ragnaros is cool and all, but I was glad back when he was put into the hall fame because I didn't like how such an rng dependent card was also so impactful at the same time.