So, in the datamining on the last patch, there were several other chalkboard pictures similar to the one for Rag vs Nef. Do these other pictures relate to the next few brawls? If so, any idea what they might mean?
Well given this first brawl, maybe they'll make two kinds of brawls in the future, one where it's 2 premade decks and one where you bring your own deck based on a weird ruleset.
Anyway if they just do deck v deck, unstable portal duel would be awesome.
Currently the nef v rag fight is way too RNG oriented but the base decks and heroes are super imbalanced, so it's dumb. But unstable portal duel is perfectly balanced, just entirely random. So it's funny.
I've played the mage unstable portal duel like 50 times lol. ALl I do is try to kill every card in grimstone's deck without ever making him burn cards or drawing him closer to fatigue on purpose.
Erect a wall between the two sides of the board like in the middle of the board. Essentially, the wall would be a bunch of neutral 0 attack taunts. you can only attack your opponent or enemy minions that you can see through the different openings you make in the walls. you attack the walls like attacking anything else. Sections of the wall respawn after 2 turns.
you would really have to pay attention to how many minions you have on the board and how to get to your opponent.
Example: If 1 minion was on the board and broke the middle section of the wall but then that player played another minion to have 2 minions, they couldn't attack the enemy hero because they dont have a direct shot at the hero, they could attack enemies that are on their diagonals so if there were 2 or 4 or 6 minions on the enemy's side but aside from that, they couldn't attack or they would just have to open another wall.
Well i dont know if these ideas were already suggested, but most of these came from my own head right now. If these Brawl Events would happen, i would no doubt play it more than once :P
1. Unstable Portal Only Who wouldnt want to try his luck with deck made of 30 Unstable Portals?
2. You shall not pass ! All your minions have taunt. Would make more control-based games
3. Drunk Showdown This one is my personal dream event - you play with your opponents deck and he plays with yours. Would be great competition for worst deck ever xD
4. Defeat the Troll Troll - 0/50, "Heroes are immune. Troll is always controlled by player, who is not on their turn. Deathrattle: You loose the game." He would automatically change control in the end of players turns. Silence would only apply on player-made spells on him and he is immune to "switch attack and health" effect.
5. Unstable Alarms 10x Alarm-o-bots is forced in your deck, while you can complete the rest of deck by yourself
6. Too Fast To Think Players only have 15 seconds for their turn. (this was already suggested many times, but its interesting and worth mentioning)
7. Narrow Battlefield Players cant have more than 2 minions in play.
Imagine a rule set where both opponents turns happens at the same time! That could be sick! And after both players are finished and pressed the "end" button, there will be a countdown for the enxt turn or something :)
How are they supposed to do all the programming to allow that to happen in a week?
Arena-like draft, but with completely new cards (like those in Nefarian vs Rag). It'd be funny and also skillful, but at least for some time there'd be no "value sheets" you can check to compare cards.
Maybe after enough tavern brawls and adventures they could have an arena draft with JUST boss cards and brawl cards