People will be complaining about no minion mage again after a DoL nerf since when optimised for without DoL, no minion mage is pretty strong. It has some hell broken cards in there that represent way too much power for the mana cost. These are:
1. Apexis Blast. This card is arguably as strong or stronger than jandice. Removing a minion and developing a 5 drop in this pool of 5 drops is insane. Some situations Apexis is better, some situations Jandice is better.
2. Ring toss. This card is easily corrupted and gives you any specific secret about 80% of the time (so close to guaranteed counter spell. Turn 9 apexis + ring toss is often game winning).
3. Font of power. This is a 1 mana at worse, but often 0 mana, draw three. The mage minions it gives you are usually all insane because bad stuff like naga sea witch has been removed from the pool.
4. Devolving missiles - just extremely cheap hex, usually costing nothing.
5. Last but not least, our favourite GAIN 2 mana, draw 2 cards (ok ok sometimes it's just 0 mana draw 2 instead).
All of these factors will mean mage will definitely be viable. Hero power mage looks legit too.