ManaGrind is proud to present Wednesday Night Limited Swiss
With the Hearthstone going into Open Beta status, we at ManaGrind thought it would be a great idea to get more players interested in the competitive Hearthstone scene. Wednesday Night Limited Swiss, is very similar to our already popular Friday Night Swiss, with one key exception. NO EPIC or LEGENDARY CARDS. This is a fun an great way for all players to be on equal footing and give many of our new players the sense of competition, even if their collections are not strong. Much like our Friday Night Swiss this tournament will be held on our Ts3 so you get that personal community feel. So come on out and have some fun. The first one was such a huge success we have had to streamline it a bit in order to provide a fun environment that many can enjoy.
There is now a 80 person cap. If it fills up before you can register, do not fret. As many will sign up and never show up or fail to follow the rules and are removed during attendance, you will have a chance to get in. So come and hang out waiting in our ts3 while we do attendance and we will announce that there are spots open. We also changed the way reporting will be done to further speed up the process and ensuring you all will be able to play with out hurting your sleep schedule to much. As of this tournament, as long as we have 58 or more to start, we will have a top 16 cut.
EU: Wednesday April 2nd, 2014 7pm(CET)
NA: Wednesday April 2nd, 2014 8pm(EDT)
Specific Changes from other formats:
1. All players must be on our TS3 for this tournament. (TS3 info: ManaGrind.com) You do not need to have a microphone, just need to listen for instructions.
2. There is no sideboard, deck swapping, class swapping. What you bring is what you play!
3. Each preliminary round is BO1. Once the top 8(less then 58 players) or top 16(58 or more players) are determined, those players will play against just each other in a BO3 rounds till the finals.Finals are BO5. Please note that losing one round does not mean that is it. In Swiss you will get 5 or more rounds of play. It is possible to lose one round and still win the tournament.
4. Top 8 or top 16 are required to submit a screen shot of their decks to the Tournament Admin.
5. NO EPIC OR LEGENDARY CARDS IN YOUR DECK.
The Swiss format is the gold standard of most TCG's and we are glad to bring it back to the Hearthstone community after countless feedback from the survey. We at ManaGrind feel that Swiss tournaments will allow players to get more matches per tournament and have a greater experience overall for differing levels of competitive play. Please make sure to read all rules.