IMO, the other matchups aren't good enough to justify an auto-loss to Control Warrior. These days Frost Nova + Doomsayer doesn't really clear the board any more.
Yesterday, I saw that there weren't any control warriors, and I was running into a lot of handlock, so I decided to try out Freeze Mage. I got run over by Mech Mage and Hunter. Freeze Mage needs updating, IMO. Maybe take out some of the weaker freeze cards and put in more stall in the form of Illuminators, Healbots, Taunts etc... I tried out Illuminators, and under the right circumstances they can be rather good, like a 3 mana healbot (frost nova, illum).
I play Freeze Mage so I am biased, but I'll tell you what I've seen so far.
Hunter has slowed down and is rarely as breakneck as before, and there are more tools to fight it than before. Think Exploding Sheep. Zoo is not a face deck like it briefly was and they don't run silence much anymore, so the matchup versus them is easy.
Warrior is impossible, but I haven't seen too many, thankfully.
There are a lot of druids, which is an easy matchup. Their mech is too slow.
Rogues don't really exist, but I've beat every one I've seen besides one where I couldn't draw any burst.
Mages can be tricky. If they are out the gate going a million miles per hour you probably will lose if you don't get lucky and stabilize fast, but I think that goes for any other deck too, not just Freeze Mage.
Against handlock you simply need to get your Mad Scientists quickly and rush them down so they use all their healing. Play it smart and, as usual, you'll roll over them.
Haven't played enough paladins to know yet, and shamans are auto win for us as always.
In conclusion, Freeze Mage is looking good, the same as it always was. Concede to warrior, get run over by ridiculous face decks, auto win versus the rest. If you're seeing CW too much then switch decks. If you're seeing too many face decks then swap out your novice engineers for loot hoarders.
I have been playing freeze mage a lot for the last season and here are my stats:
1. It is indeed almost an auto-loss against wallet warriors with a less than 5% winrate, and they have NOT been scarce but neither are they as rampant as cancer decks. In order to win, the warrior would have to be unlucky/stupid enough to not shieldmaiden, shieldblock and make use of effective armorsmith + whirlwind combos.
2. It is SUPER EFFECTIVE against BOTH zoos and handlocks, look at my perfect stats :)
3. The games against huntards have seen considerably better winning rates ever since the Flare nerf. Practically zero huntards still run Flare and thanks to that, win-rates have improved from approximately 10% to 50-60%.
4. Frost nova + Doomsayer combos are not as easy to pull of as before, but is an extremely effective turn 2 drop against cancer undertaker decks and mech mages.
5. Not sure why people seem to have this mentality that freeze mages are the hardest to play - they are in fact IMO one of the easiest competitive decks. It's a simple 'play if you have it, draw if you don't have it' concept.