Hey guys, thank you for all the support, comments, and tips that I received for this deck! I read every single comment and watched every single showcase. I'm so happy that this deck got over 100 upvotes. I promised a full guide, but unfortunately due to a busy schedule, I am not able to write one on a short notice. For my upcoming decks I will try to guide you as much as possible, as I hoped I did with this deck! Cheers!
I made my own Dragon Priest based on the current meta. Have fun ;). If you like my deck, you can donate in Bitcoins! You can find the details below. You can also check out the Elementals of Oz: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/851294-elementals-of-oz-69-5-win-rate
- Based on experiences and more play, I decided to switch Wrathion with Elise the Trailblazer. Now you can use Shadow Visions to draw Un'Goro packs!
- To battle the many aggro decks and based on help in the comments, I decided to switch the two Radiant Elemental for Wild Pyromancer. The Radiant Elemental cards did not add many value since we do not play Lyra the Sunshard
- If you come across a lot of Weapons: add a Acidic Swamp Ooze or less preferably a Gluttonous Ooze
- If you come across a lot of Pirates: try dealing with them with your minions or removal spells, another option is to add a Golakka Crawler
- Murlocs are very annoying, but try dealing with them with your minions or removal spells.
Thanks for all the comments, support, and suggestions! Keep them coming to make this deck better!
- Always buff your early game minions when possible. Especially Northshire Cleric, even if you need to use your coin for that.
- Only play shadow vision when in need of a spell!
- Almost always try to draw Drakonid Operative (when possible) from Netherspite Historian around turn 5.
- Do not waste your minions! Play wisely, if you think you have enough board to win, save the minions in your hand! Always anticipate on your opponents board whipes.
The goal is to make sure you survive and build a steady board. Your enemy will eventually run out of spells to deal with your minions or run out of cards. Especially Twilight Drake and Drakonid Operative are very important here since it almost always forces the enemy to clear instantly.
Unfortunately, I don't see people play Faerie Dragon a lot and I think the card is way undervalued. Especially against Mage it's very strong, plus dragon! Only too bad you cannot heal or buff it.
I chose not to add Lyra the Sunshard. I always think that Lyra is too messy because you want to get too much value out of it by saving your spells, what most of the time ruins your game.
If you do not own Elise the Trailblazer, Kiwiinbacon made a nice video where he replaced the card with Harrison Jones. This could be a good replacement. This video also shows some great tactics to handle this deck!
If you like this deck, please donate in Bitcoins!