Disclaimer - This deck should not be used from rank 25 to rank 5/10 (non-legend) as he changes and experiments his variant of budget/f2p midrange hunter to better suit around the meta decks. His rank 25 to 10 deck can be found further down. -OP (S38 -May 2017)https://www.twitch.tv/disguisedtoasths
UPDATE: 30/05/2017 His youtube video has been uploaded. Clearly explains it better, than my deck writeup.
Welcome new players and returning players to HS!
1.How did the "Disguised Toast" grind his way to legend from rank 25 within 3 weeks of actual gameplay, you may ask?
Experimentation and hours of practice with different variants of budget midrange hunter decks and it's style of play.-- No adventures or pack bundles required.
- While ranking up, he sometimes techs in Eater of Secrets for Infested Wolf, after facing many secret mages from rank 5 and above.
- Mulligan for 1 drops and keep Eaglehorn Bow sometimes.
- Trade efficiently and hero power if required.
- Total Games Played: 189 games (This may include conceded games too.)
- Gameplay Time/Non-Idle: 19.1 hours (Averaging 9.9 mins/game)
- Best Matchup: Druid 82% (14-3)
- Worst Matchup: Shaman 38% (3-8)
Decent (not great) against the meta decks; taunt warrior, murloc paladin, quest rogue, secret/freeze mage, purify/taunt/inner fire priest and Jade druid. Needs some practice to mulligan, figure out how to trade, keep board control and go face effectively! Good luck ranking up...
2.Many people are wondering what can I do to make this deck not free to play...
One Rat Pack can be substituted for Infested Wolf. Hungry Crab / Golakka Crawler or any sort of tech card like Eater of Secrets can be substituted for Nesting Roc. Any sort of high mana card that deals a lot of damage like Leeroy Jenkins, King Krush can be switched out for Nesting Roc. Kindly Grandmother is good against certain matchups and may be experimented with in other variants of midrange hunter you wish to make. Why not try The Marsh Queen or Elise the Trailblazer even.
The Eight Low Cost Minions (1-2mana)
- Alleycat - 1 mana 2/2 token*, usually stays alive turn one unless removal cards like if rogue uses Fan of Knives or Druid's Swipe after using Innervate. Synergizes with Kill Command, Houndmaster, Tundra Rhino = Beast Synergy.
- Jeweled Macaw - Beast Synergy - Want more beasts?
- Fire Fly - 1 mana 2/4 token*, stays alive even better on turn one unless Backstab or any removal from your opponent.
- Crackling Razormaw Beast Synergy - Adapts Alleycat , Scavenging Hyena , Jeweled Macaw, (usually death rattle is the most useful against board clears like Warrior's Whirlwindor minions like Primordial Drake. If you play against priest and your scared about Potion of Madness, get the +1 buff from adapt and go face.
- Scavenging Hyena - Beast Synergy - After some practice you should know which minions that are beasts to trade first and the hyena can grow fast and snowball your opponent. Don't forget to trade and know when to push for face. Usually cleared quickly by your opponent.
- Dire Wolf Alpha - Beast Synergy - You do not need to keep this in your starting hand unless you see it useful in a particular match up. Gives +1 to adjacent minions and more damage to the face or trading taunt minions like Tar Creeper. Placement is crucial for cards like Meteor.
- Knife Juggler - Shoots +1 damage at your opponent's face and minions. Usually cleared quickly by your opponent.
- Ravasaur Runt - Beast Synergy- 2 mana 2/2 stats. On turn 2 depending on your
perfectstarting hand, you should have two minions whether it be Alleycat or you coined out Fire Fly.
*token = summons an extra minion/spell
3 Spells and 1 Weapon (3 mana)
- Animal Companion Beast Synergy - Spawns Huffer charges - go face or trade, Leokk give even more damage to go face or trade, Misha 4 mana 4/4 taunt.
- Eaglehorn Bow - go face with your face or trade.
- Kill Command - deal 5 damage to the face for lethal or trade?
- Unleash the Hounds - Beast Synergy - Useful against other matchups that control the board more faster than this midrange hunter deck. Use to trade if necessary.
Deadly Shot was experimented with and included in the deck for a while by DisguisedToast. It's potential in removing big taunt minions if quite useful but it's randomness leaves it a dead card in some matchups.
It was swapped out for Nesting Roc eventually when he reached around rank 1-3 towards the end of the season facing many quest rogues or aggro matchups (aggro shaman, aggro druid, pirate warrior etc).
5 High Value Minions (4-6 mana)
- Houndmaster - 4/3 effectively gives a beast taunt and +2/2 to go face or trade.
- Infested Wolf Beast Synergy - 3/3 is better than Kindly Grandmother's 1/1 stats. and spawns more beasts.
- Tundra Rhino Beast Synergy - effective with granting your beasts charge or damage potential instantly.
- Savannah Highmane - Beast Synergy - 6 mana 6/5 beast, great against control matchups.
- Nesting Roc - The last card Toast switched out for to escape from rank 1 to push to legend. A 7 health (often triggered) taunt minion is effective against aggro matchups.
4. Standard Format Substitutes
- Eater of Secrets
- Hungry Crab
- Golakka Crawler
- Acidic Swamp Ooze or Gluttonous Ooze
- Mind Control Tech
- Timber Wolf
- Fiery Bat
- Hunter's Mark
- Vicious Fledgling
- Stubborn Gastropod
- Terrorscale Stalker
- Raptor Hatchling
- Pterrordax Hatchling
5. Wild Format Substitutes
- Haunted Creeper
- Webspinner - like Jeweled Macaw but slower due to the deathrattle mechanic.
6. Rank 25 to 10 (Non-Legend) Deck
Please experiment and have fun with the midrange deck.
|Minion (24)||Ability (6)|
Credit goes to Disguised Toast for the deck and the plays!
7. Other Video Guides & Decks
- [Legend] - The Synch's Gameplay - F2P Hunter| Concede and Concede!!
- [Rank 4] ESP] ZoomHS - Guide and Gameplay
- [Rank 6 to 5] D3CK Sp0l!ght [S38] - Khristophesaurus Dinosaurus
- [Rank 8] kiwiinbacon's Guide and Gameplay
- [Rank 5] Daniel Di Gênova Gameplay
- Hearthstone: Trump Standard Teachings - 7 - Midrange Hunter
- [April 2017] Frodan's Hearthstone Deck Tech: Midrange Hunter
- [April 2017] Trump's Midrange Hunter Guide/Gameplay
- [May 2017] Day 9's Hunter Climb - Another Day of Un'Goro Laddering P2 - Midrange Hunter
- [Jan 2017] Kripparian's Midrange HUnter Guide/Gameplay - Gadgetzan Hunter Is Not Totally Dead
- [May 2017] Nayo's Midrange Hunter Guide
- [June 2016] Tempostorm's Sam Benson Deck Introductions: Mid-Range Hunter
- [Aug 2016] Lifecoach's Midrange Hunter #1: Pew Pew Pew
- [April 2017] Icy Veins - L0rinda's midrange hunter guide and decks
- [May 22, 2017] Tier 3 on Tempostorm's Meta Snapshot Mid-Range Hunter
- The 'Best' Chaouc's midrange hunter deck.
- Makabi's midrange variant hunter deck.
- TCGcthulhu's Midrange Hunter Deck
- LumenHS 's Legend Midrange Hunter
- MightyMouse's Midrange Hunter Budget Deck
For even more statistics please visit CompetitveHS on reddit or metastats.net to see the percentage winrate versus every class (recorded by the deck tracker/Innkeeper).
Thanks to Tawerus and Klaus in the comments section for providing the deck code to import to Hearthstone:
Visit our Website! ► http://disguisedtoast.com
Like us on Facebook! ► http://facebook.com/DisguisedToast
Follow on Twitter! ► http://twitter.com/DisguisedToast