RANK 5 TO LEGEND PROOF
Myles here: I've been playing this game for over 3 years, have all Golden Heroes (in proof), and have won over 6,000 ranked games. This new Rogue quest is extremely powerful and you need to try it. Personally I think the quest should be play FIVE minions to balance it out with all the others but you should get it in while you can.
I combined a few versions of the deck I've seen into one streamlined version. This deck features the 4 Elementals package as well as the Coldlight/Vanish package. It's extremely strong against everything expect SMorc Warrior.
This deck cuts every card that is too slow, RNG, or doesn't benefit from bouncing. Mimic Pod, VanCleef, Fan of Knives, Moroes, Imp Master, Violet Teacher - ALL GONE. No need for them, this list is much faster and more successful.
AGAINST WARRIOR, ROGUE, HUNTER, PALADIN, SHAMAN, DRUID, WARLOCK:
AGAINST MAGE, PRIEST:
WITH COIN AGAINST CONTROL
- Turn 1 - Quest
- Turn 2 - Coin + Igneous Elemental
- Turn 3 - Flame Elemental + Youthful/Ferryman OR second Igneous Elemental
- Turn 4 - Flame Elemental x 2 + Shadowstep OR Youthful/Ferryman
- Turn 5 - Prep + Quest + charge minions
WITHOUT COIN AGAINST CONTROL
- Turn 1 - Quest
- Turn 2 - Novice Engineer + Shadowstep
- Turn 3 - Novice Engineer + Youthful/Ferryman
WITH COIN AGAINST AGGRO
- Turn 1 - Quest OR + Coin + Fire Fly
- Turn 2 - Hero Power + Backstab OR + Coin + Southsea Deckhand
- Turn 3 - Igneous Elemental OR Glacial Shard + Eviscerate
WITHOUT COIN AGAINST AGGRO
- Turn 1 - Quest OR Fire Fly
- Turn 2 - Hero Power + Backstab
- Turn 3 - Southsea Deckhand + Eviscerate
POSSIBLE CARD CHANGES
If you have any success or ideas for changes please let me know in comments!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- ALWAYS keep a charge minion in your hand once you get your quest out. You win games by bouncing them back and racking up damage. NEVER overextend your board. THREE minions on the board is plenty unless you have a full hand and can spare to drop a couple more.
- Use your removal SPARINGLY, if there is a way to clear a minion without it determine if it's smarter to trade a minion and save your removal for the next turn. This is how you become victorious.
- If your opponent drops Doomsayer, 100% throw down your Igneous Elemental and start bouncing your Flies the following turn!
- Always use Gadgetzan Ferryman BEFORE Youthful Brewmaster in case you don't have a combo for him the following turn. No-brainer stuff but I might as well say it anyway.
- Coldlight Oracle - This guy has always been my #1. Sure he gives your opponent 2 cards but most of the time you get much more value from them than they do. NEVER PLAY against Pirate Warrior unless you're drawing for emergency lethal.
- Vanish - Play your quest turn 5-6. Turn 6-7 Vanish away their entire board and flood yours with 5-5 minions, BIG BADABOOM!
BUT WHY NOT "X" CARD?!
- Edwin VanCleef - Your minions are already big enough. You don't win by having 1 big minion, you win by having lots of 5-5 minions and bouncing the charge ones. Edwin is pointless.
- Fan of Knives - You already have plenty of draw, plenty! A 1 damage AoE is like slinging a cup of pennies at your opponent. Just get your 5-5's out and win the game already.
- Mimic Pod - Coldlight Oracle is better, WAY better. You don't want to be wasting your Preps on RNG.
- Moroes, Violet Teacher - Too sloooooow. You have plently of minions to play already if you don't overextend them, no need to fill your board up even more. Charge minions are better.
- Vanish x 2 - Vanish is a lifesaver in some matchups but in others it's completely useless. It's a powerful unique effect so if you feel the need to run 2 I would suggest swapping Bluefin Tidehunter
- Sap - I ran 1 sap in an earlier version of the deck to compete with Edwin, Inner Fire Priests, and Taunt Warrior but now I've swapped it for Vanish which I find to be much more powerful and has the same effect.
- Bloodmage Thalnos - Deathrattle cards are terrible for this deck type. You only have 3 damage spells and already plenty of draw. Bloodmage is awful in this deck.
- Moroes - Far too slow and Bilefin Tidehunter is far better.
- Shieldbearer - No bounce value. Sure he will delay aggro for 1 turn but I can't justify playing him over Bilefin Tidehunter or Glacial Shard.
- Quest Mirror: 50/50: Mulligan hard for any and all return mechanisms to finish your quest before they do.
- Miracle: Favored. Keep a pirate return cards. Get your quest out before they get to turn 6 or 7 so you can easily take care of their Gadgetstan.
- Taunt: Favored: I have a very high win rate against taunt Warrior. Keep Swash and bounce-backs. Keep Evis to clear their mid-taunts. Coldlight is really strong in this matchup, I've milled tons of their game-changing cards. Save shadowstep for Coldlight if you're able. Prep-vanish around turn 7 when they've filled their board and then drop a few 5-5's out. Be mindful of DEATHWING! If you fear he has him keep a backstab and 2 charge minions, you'll easily win the game after you clear him.
- Pirate: Ouch: Keep a pirate to help clear their early game. Keep Evis to clear their turn 3-4 minions. Shadowstep your Bilefin in an act of desperation. Not a lot you can do here but I have won a few games against them.
- ZooLock: 50/50: Keep a Southsea to help clear their early game. Keep backstab and evis. Don't let them get a big board on you. Once your 5-5's are use them to clear everything in sight. Win.
- Quest Mage: Be quick! Hang on to your Coldlights and mill as many cards as possible! Milling is your best ally here. Their quest is slow but they can still win with Fireballs to your face. Once you get your quest always keep a charge in hand to play after they freeze your board. Don't overextend into their freezes. Bounce back your charge minions. If they double Ice Block and get their combo off theirs not too much you can do, pop their Ice Blocks as fast as you can by bouncing your charges.
- Midrange Hunter: 50/50: Keep Backstab and Southsea to clear their early board. Don't let them have a target for their turn 4 Houndmaster. Save Eviscerate for Hyena.
- Token: Be Quick: Kill anything and everything they put on the board. Keep your removal and Southsea. Get your quest out and it's over!
- Inner Fire: Mostly Favored: Try your best to clear their early minions, especially Radiant Elemental. Keep Vanish in your mulligan and use it before they get a big OTK. Freeze any minion they have with high health.