Miracle Jade Rogue
Made my PyrohManiac
kiwiinbacon's video showcasing the deck! Hope you learn something from it :)
Not me playing just so you know :)
My name is PyrohManiac and I am somewhat of a casual player who has played hearthstone for over a year, and have focused on Rogue throughout that time. I love playing rouge since it always makes you think, and takes true intelligence to play at a high level. I am not a Legend player, but I have reached high ranks before. My goal for this year is to create a perfect rogue list that will help me get to legend, and this might actually be the one!
- General Strategy
- Mulligan Guide
- Tips & Tricks
- Updates and other information concerning the deck.
1. General Strategy
In the early part of the games you are looking to keep the board as clear as possible. Use spells and removals like Backstab and Fan of Knives to clear low health minions. Now is also the time where you are looking to develop some Jade Golems using cards like Jade Swarmer and Jade Shuriken. When you reach turn 4 you are left you decide whether you want and can play a Jade Spirit or a Tomb Pillager, and this depends on the situation. If you feel like yourJade Golem isn't that strong, you should probably play Tomb Pillager, especially if you need the coin to either make a play with Gadgetzan Auctioneer or to develop another minion(s). On turn 6 you should almost always look to play Gadgetzan Auctioneer to look for the cards you need to win the game (Leeroy Jenkins,Aya Blackpaw, Edwin VanCleef (that is if you haven't developed him already). Now you can start using Conceal in a combo with Leeroy Jenkins, Gadgetzan Auctioneer or a large board with strong Jade Golem.
2. Mulligan Guide
In rouge the mulligan is probably the most difficult out of all classes, since it's so dependent on match-ups. You should always look to keep Backstab, Jade Shuriken, Jade Swarmer, Fan of Knives (sometimes, only if you are against a real aggro deck ex. Pirate warrior). If you're feeling risky, you could keep Edwin VanCleef in a combination with Preparation and another spell (ex. Eviscerate). This is against aggro ^^
3. Tips & Tricks
- Since we have double conceal in the deck, feel free use them on anything you find worth it. Everything from multipleJade Golem to a Gadgetzan Auctioneer should be fine. Always Conceal when you know you can push for lethal either the turn after, or the second turn after that.
- You should prioritize the Jade Golem almost in all match-ups, notice the Almost. In some match-ups you should find lethal with the help of Gadgetzan Auctioneer and Leeroy Jenkins only, since some match-ups require a true push in the face instead of a safe development of minions.
- Don't waste spells when you don't have to! Don't just throw spells for fun when you might need them for later. I've seen many people using Preparation and then some other spell and hits your face with absolutely no thought behind it. Think before action, always!
- Double Conceal: If you don't feel as if 2 Conceals are important in the deck, feel free to replace them with some other low cost spell or minion, possibly a Swashburglar or a Deadly Poison.
- Bloodmage Thalnos: He is just an alt-card that is used to either cycle card draw, put your opponent in a weird possition early on or to empower spells. You can replace him with an Undercity Huckster, or Shaku, the Collector or SI:7 Agent.
- Aya Blackpaw: She can be replaced with another Azure Drake, a Questing Adventurer or possibly a Red Mana Wyrm. If you have the Karazhan adventure you can add Barnes as well.
- Leeroy Jenkins: If you don't own him, you can replace him with a Reckless Rocketeer or an Argent Commander.
5. Updates and other things concerning the deck.
If you're looking for a fun deck to climb the ladder with I certainly recommend you to try this deck. Feel free to leave feedback down below! This deck is very versatile as I didn't include a single card from the Karazhan expansion, since I felt like they weren't necessary in the deck at all. I also managed to connect the classic Miracle concept with a new method of winning, namely Jade Golem.
At 25 ratings I will do a full writeup on the deck, it will contain mulligan guide, substitutions and much else. Thanks for visiting! :) *DONE*
If we hit around 100 ratings I will try to expand this write-up and make a detailed one containing more information.
*UPDATE* We have now hit 20 ratings, so if we can manage to get 5 more I will start writing the guide! Thanks for the feedback so far, really appreciate it :) PS: If you want to include N'zoth the Corruptor, check out another version of this deck here: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/714674-deathrattle-jade-rouge-rank-5
*UPDATE* Well guys, we have now hit 100+ ratings. In what way would you all like me to expand my guide? Please answer this so I can start working on that. Thanks for the great support! Cheers :) Also trying out -1 Azure Drake +1 Sap since the current meta is aggro, but i'm not sure if it helps. Will fill that out soon!
*UPDATE* Holy shit! We have now reached over 60k views, over 130 up-votes and also have over 100 comments on the guide. I never thought this deck would get such great support from so many people, so i'm entirely grateful for that. I've made one change, I decided to cut -1 Azure Drake for +1 Fan of Knives to make it easier dealing with aggro decks! Cheers, and thanks for the overwhelmingly positive support. :)
*UPDATE* We hit over 100k views on the deck! Thank you all for your support! :)
*UPDATE* -1 Beneath the Grounds, +1 Azure Drake