There are almost no priests playing something other than "Reno" (Razakus) in the ladder. So, for fans of the archetype, let me introduсe an old school control-priest. The deck is tested now, but the preliminary results are listed below.
This deck plays very well against aggro, which are popular at the start of the season, such as:
But if you meet tempo-rogue, you should be understand - the game will be lost. This words are true about Jade-druids too. But you can always add a Skulking Geist. Against other priests and control decks this one has a chance to win.
Next words are a previous guide. NOT ACTUAL NOW!
I`m thinking about replacement 1 copy of Entomb. 1 copy of Greater Healing Potion plays well vs aggro warrior and shaman. And I`ve done it because I faced aggro-decks. 5 match in a row I met only pirate-warrior =(
Why did I choose these cards?
At first, the deck is not meta-crusher. But if you want to play something interesting, unexpectable and competitive, you should try this one ;)
Elise Starseeker helps you vs Reno-Priest, Control Warrior, Reno-Mage and Mid-Shaman.
Kabal Talonpriest and Injured Blademaster work well with and without other cards. Of course, these minions can help you to control board and provide pressure on Jade-decks. It is not bad move to play Kabal Talonpriest without battlecry, when you must hurry against Jade Golems.
Acidic Swamp Ooze has essential battlecry vs aggro-decks and Jaraxxus.
Mulligan and Game plan:
This part of the guide will be improved. I am working on it. If you know, how to make section better, please leave your comment below or send me a PM. After all, your strategy can be better ;)
I. Against Druid try to catch these and similar combinations in your start hand.
The idea of this type of mulligan is a tempo-capture the table and support your minions to deal damage, control table and draw cards.
- Acidic Swamp Ooze + Power Word: Shield + Shadow Word: Pain + Northshire Cleric;
- Northshire Cleric + Power Word: Shield + Injured Blademaster + Circle of Healing;
- Kabal Talonpriest + Kabal Talonpriest + Northshire Cleric + Shadow Word: Pain;
- Injured Blademaster + Circle of Healing + Shadow Word: Pain + Northshire Cleric;
- Kabal Talonpriest + Injured Blademaster + Circle of Healing + Northshire Cleric...
- Northshire Cleric + Power Word: Shield + Shadow Word: Pain;
- Northshire Cleric + Power Word: Shield + Kabal Talonpriest;
- Kabal Talonpriest + Power Word: Shield + Shadow Word: Pain;
- Acidic Swamp Ooze + Kabal Talonpriest + Shadow Word: Pain;
- Injured Blademaster + Circle of Healing + Northshire Cleric...
II. is writing...
Results and Proof:
- There is a control deck.
- This one is the average cost.
- Unfortunately, the deck has failure math-up vs Dragon-priest.
- Games vs Renolock and Jade-Druid are still not favorable matches.
- The deck is interesting and uniform, so control-priest requires skill to play well.
- You can beat 10 rank by this one exactly. But this is only the beginning ;)