- Aggro: except he has a perfect hand and kill you in turn 5, but most of times you are so tough for facing because of your taunts and AOEs (and from Reno with love).
- Control: this is your instinct, so nothing to say. And remember, you should discover high mana minions to bait his removal effects before summoning your key minions.
- Mill: As usual, nope. Maybe, you could bait him to kill your Deathwing Dragonlord for letting your drakes out or you already have Reno in your hand.
- OTK: with Herald Volazj, you will have a big chance to deploy 2 strategies. The first, you will face him to death with tons of minions, because OTK decks are lack of AOE. The second, you double your deathrattle taunts and resurrect them later for protecting your face.
Some combos with Herald:
- Taunts + Herald: not joke, it would help you survive more than 1 - 2 turns.
- Deathrattles + Herald: board control, baiting for opponent's removal effects, and speed up your N'Zoth
- Brann + Herald: Supprised!
- Ysera + Herald: Wow!
- Deathwing Dragonlord + Herald: you would double your dragons fly down from your hand (even with Doom Sayer or Excavated Evil by yourself)