[Meta Counter] The Aggro Crusher
- Last updated Jun 8, 2016 (Old Gods)
- 7 Minions
- 22 Spells
- 1 Weapon
- Deck Type: Ranked Deck
- Deck Archetype: Reno Hunter
- Crafting Cost: 4560
- Dust Needed: Loading Collection
- Created: 6/1/2016 (Old Gods)
- Registered User
Total Deck Rating
Rexxar was born to go face, right? Wrong.
Rexxar gets confused when he can't go face, right? Wrong.
Smorc to win? Wrong.
Everything is wrong and kinda out of place with this deck. Its like Hunter got tired of murdering face so much and decided to take a different approach. He is meant to be an aggro slayer and that's exactly what this deck is about.
I got so tired of the brainless face and tempo decks around the meta that I tried to imagine what would be the best counter to aggro. Obviously something that can stall the game with excessive healing and removal; but wait, if that's the case... how do you kill the opponent? That's exactly where Hunter comes in. He has the tools to not only bring nightmare and chaos on the board but to also efficiently kill the opponent by turning the tides.
I'll explain myself more in the guide.
- General Mulligan
- How to play, game strategy, card analysis (in construction)
- Replacements (in construction)
- Tips & tricks (in construction)
Against Aggro (your favorite food):
You want to find:
- Snake Trap
- Arcane Shot
- Explosive Trap - Your bread and butter against rushers, you got 2 of them.
- King's Elekk - This card is ESSENTIAL in this deck and makes this deck possible. Initially, I wondered how I could consistently get Reno Jackson when I needed him. Excessive card draw would just weaken my deck. This is one more reason Hunter is perfect for such a counter-aggro task. King's Elekk can fish for Reno anytime in the game, when you need him. You got only 7 minions in the deck, 2 of which are the Elekks. You're going to almost always draw a card with him sincer all the minions are high mana and you're never going to regret playing him. He thins the deck to the point where drawing into Reno (*cough* if you need him) wouldn't be a problem. The Elekk also gets you the tools for endgame. Such a great card.
- Eaglehorn Bow - Keep the bow. With such an insane amount of secrets, you'll never run out of durability.
- Powershot - You keep it situational, especially against Shaman.
Against Control (wait that? there's also control decks?):
No problem! You can beat those too, with a little bit of luck.
You're looking for:
- King's Elekk - again. This guy. So insane.
- Freezing Trap
- Eaglehorn Bow
- etc. You can never really mulligan wrong against control.
If you like the deck and enjoy destroying every aggro deck on ladder, leave an upvote and a comment.
I'll complete the guide when this gets to 10+.
*I'll complete the guide with the other sections ASAP!*
Here is a pic of a poor Shammy, meeting his fate.
Keep in mind that this is first day of season and everyone is playing cancer aggro.
I replaced Ragnaros the Firelord for King Krush. Fun deck to play with!
Ok. One big question. can i use this deck to get from 10-5 (EU)?
Reno is counter productive in this deck. Damage Spells + Traps already get you to turn 8 vs aggro, and CotW wins the game from that point on. You also run too many minions fo Elekk to be trully effective. Highmane is pretty out of place there, Rag as well, and you REALLY need 2 Lock and Loads if you want to win any games vs control.
I am playing online tourneys, and when you see opponent picking warlock and shaman, this is an easy first pick. It is good as it is, no changes needed imo. No need to try to make it beat all decks. It's an anti-aggro, and should go all-in anti-aggro cards. Still doesn't mean you can't beat control decks.
-1 hounds -1 call of the wilds -1 elekk 1- ragnaros
+ 1 sylvanas + 1 tracking + 1 huhuran (harrison alternate maybe or black knight) +1 yogg saron (no doubt about it) my changes so far. still not sure about the sea giant in this deck, trying to replace him with something usefull but.... still pretty much late game deck, gotta draw right traps spells against aggro or you done...
Is there a room for Yogg in this deck?
why would you run 2 call of the wild when you have a Reno in your deck ?
There are actually 3 duplicates
Good card, but sadly ruins Elekk Battlecry
What Ranks do u play this?
I dropped one Unleash the Hounds and added one Doomsayer. Doomsayer has become an incredible in the current meta and is the cheapest taunt or board clear and plays wonderfully in this deck.
crazed alchemist in every zoo deck says "greetings !"
Just played a few games, got matched into Face Shaman every game, and I beat them all with this deck.
Soo much fun to just shut down every play, then Unleash the Hounds to play a 0 or 1 mana Sea Giant.
This deck looks crazy fun to play. How does it stack up vs N'zoth hunter?
This deck..another one of those who are good in theory, but bad in practice. First of all, the card draw is..zero, cause at least you need quick shot mostly for aggression stopping even if you have a full hand. Second, Reno isn't playable when you need him cause of the three "doubles". Does I have to tell more ? No, this is enough to avoid playing this deck really :(
Tried this out myself for 10 games today. I have to agree, You're better off with the Lock and Yogg combo if you want something crazy control. Reno is unusable with all the doubles. It's far to easy to still fall behind early with even a semblance of bad draws. With no added draw it's dead in the water.
Honestly, the 3 duplicates are fine, and most you can play early or have insane value. Plus, since this is hunter, you can still out tempo them before you actually need reno.
Agree, I have played maybe 50 games with this deck, and you learn after a while how to use it. Note that Tracking draws 3 cards.
This deck is very funny, but i think - Call of the Wild and - Unleash the Hounds and i added Acidic Swamp Ooze and added yogg more fun, and i tihnk its work better
Now i started about finley in this deck