Hello fellow heathpwners!
I'm NumberSept, I'm from France and I play on EU. I play since season 7 but I've been playing seriously only for 2 months. 2 times legend since then. I was really disappointed to face so many aggro shaman in the first few hours after the release but this deck helped me to get back in the top 1000 legend after many loss. I'll climb mostly with this deck during S26.
As you can see, this is a N'Zoth, the Corruptor deck. FIrst you should know that this is a hard control deck, the game often ends when you hit fatigue. This means that if you are looking for fast games, this is not meant for you. The archetype is very similar to Anyfin Can Happen paladin, and so is the general strategy. During the early and mid-game you almost only try to survive and to draw, and when you have enough tempo you try to play the dearthrattle guys. In late game the 8 drops and our old god should make you win. The card explanation and the mulligan are in the spoiler below.
- Combo parts
Sylvanas Windrunner - Cairne Bloodhoof - Tirion Fordring - I can hear you screaming "Is that it? 3 deathrattle? You expect us to believe you?". Yes I do. Those are the best deathrattle in slot, putting them once on board is already a huge value. But twice, all in the same turn with the pretty good 5-7 body of N'Zoth, the Corruptor, THIS IS SPARTA!
- Healing material
- Combo wombo
Wild Pyromancer + Acolyte of Pain + any spell = draw // Acolyte of Pain + Humility or Aldor Peacekeeper = draw // Wild Pyromancer + Equality = full clear // Consecration + Equality = full clear // Wild Pyromancer + Consecration = 3 damage AOE // Aldor Peacekeeper or Humility + Stampeding Kodo = ultimate removal
Please remember that this mulligan guide is still in progress because of the meta which is quite unstable. I classified the cards depending on how bad you want them. You should also know that this is meant to assist you, but the mulligan depends on a lot of factors which can not all be mentioned in here, those are just tips!
- What you always want to keep:
- Doomsayer - This card is your MVP, but it is really better in the early turns. This is the key card of the deck imo so don't waste it. You have to consider which important turn you could block your opponent with it, because sometimes you don't even want to clear the board with it, you just drop it on empty board to keep the tempo when you have a follow up.
- Aldor Peacekeeper is a very good card against shaman, because of the new cancerish Flamewreathed Faceless, good also against Totem Golem
- Consider keeping the Wild Pyromancer if you have The Coin or Equality
- Acidic Swamp Ooze because, you know, 10 dmg inc...
- If you have any of above, think about keeping Consecration
- C'thun whatsoever
- Truesilver Champion will definately bring you to value town in the midgame, keep it!
- Acolyte of Pain is good get your combo parts before your opponent
- Twilight Summoner can be kept if you have any of above and you feel like it!
- Consecration is THE card you need! Insta win if your opponent is greedy, this AOE is a lot better since standard hit.
- Acolyte of Pain is ok since you want Consecration and it often can make you draw twice, plus Zoo is slower than shaman so overall you can be greedier mulliganing.
- Yologg-Saron Mage
- Truesilver Champion is very useful to deal with Flamewaker, keep it!
- Earthen Ring Farseer can be kept since this Mage can start pretty fast.
- Midrange Hunter
- Acolyte of Pain will most certainly help you to draw twice.
- Acidic Swamp Ooze will destroy that horrible baw.
- Consecration is good if you have anything else.
Those are the most frequent match-up, I will write more when the meta stabilizes a bit more.
After reading the same questions over and over again, here is the very expected replacement guide, I even classified it wisely, if your card is not here just craft it, it's a damn rare dude!
- Impossible to replace
- Hard to replace
- Keeper of Uldaman -> Second Humility and may be Big Game Hunter = find another removal that suits you well :)
- Cairne Bloodhoof -> The Skeleton Knight ; Corrupted Healbot ; Twilight Summoner = get a high value minion
- Ragnaros, Lightlord -> Second Forbidden Healing ; Tuskarr Jouster ; Guardian of Kings = another healing possibility
How can you help me?
I am still unsure about Psych-o-Tron and Justicar Trueheart, I would like to hear your suggestions! Also I don't have the dust for Eadric the Pure and The Skeleton Knight, can you test 'em for me? Furthermore, if you reach a good rank with my deck, just send me the screen I want to make a pantheon with you hpwners!
Here is the proof I went top 1000 legend with this deck on 27.04.2016 in the spoiler below. I messed up with my stats but I will share it with you for S26!
Hello! As you can see, Elise Starseeker is gone. "But... Why?". Like I said in my last edit, it was meant to improve the match-up against other control decks. Sadly, the Golden Monkey is too weak to C'Thun and thus, this back-up plan was not always working. Last season I went legend with Midrange Paladin and Justicar Trueheart won me a lot of games, it makes your opponent use AOE just for some tokens which is a huge value. I think it is a better back-up plan. Lay on Hands is too slow compared to Forbidden Healing and I was often in a situation where I had both Ragnaros, Lightlord and Lay on Hands in my hand, this won't happen anymore. Finally you should know that I am not climbing with this deck anymore and thus I there is less testing currently, but there are better players than me in the comment so I try to chat with them to discuss about the possible improvments.
If you are curious, here are the former updates I made, check the spoiler below.
I wrote a small guys because I really appreciate how you guys commented on the guide, keep it going huehue! Thank you :) Also I crafted the new Rag which is damn good, it improved my winrate a lot. Also the art of the pic I made is not something from me.
A promise is a promise, I wrote a small mulligan guide in the Guide section! And after reading some comments I made quite a lot of changes, you can check how it was before but I think it's getting better :)
Ok, I was depressed because I got bad RNG and I'm back in the 6000s legend... *feelsbadman* So I've made a couple of changes in the decklist after reading your comment, the Stampeding Kodo could be the answer. I've figured out that much healing was pretty useless if you don't get the board back! Thank you for the comments :)
S26 has just begun! Good luck to you guys :) I made some huge changes after I read the recent comments and after I talked with 2 french professionals players. Check it out if you were playing a former version of my deck.
They believed that the Stampeding Kodo were taking too much room, that's why kodos are not there anymore. After I removed them, I added 2 Twilight Summoner because - against control decks- your opponent often keep some badass AOE to deal with N'Zoth, the Corruptor, but with the summoners and Cairne Bloodhoof, it will be much harder! The problem was the high amount of 4 drop with this change, so I removed Sen'jin Shieldmasta. But I gotta keep some taunts right? This is why I added Psych-o-Tron. You probably think this card is meh, but trust me, it is really good and there are some unexpected combo, free trades with Keeper of Uldaman for example.
Finally, a lot of people did not like the Sir Finley Mrrgglton idea, and it is true that it is often not really useful, this is why I reimplemented Earthen Ring Farseer to make the curve better. I hope you like this update, it drastically improved my winrate as you can see, I just rushed rank 11 easily. I also changed the name of the deck which was may be inappropriated.
I feel it guys, we are near to the end of our quest! This deck feels almost perfect! Quite a few changes again, I hope you don't mind, but if you do please play a former version of my deck, they are all in the historic below the decklist.As you noticed, there are no more Twilight Summoner. They were added to have a back-up plan when you fight against a control opponent who is expecting your N'Zoth, the Corruptor. They did pretty well in that scenario, but it was a too huge tempo loss against aggro deck. I believe the newly arrived Elise Starseeker will fulfill the same role being less greedy and only taking one spot.There are still some aspect of the deck which are not sure, please read the how can you help me section.