This is the deck I used to complete the Temple Escape fight on Heroic difficulty in Wing 1 of the League of Explorers adventure.
The goal was to create something budget-friendly that anyone should be able to use.
How it Works
This fight is super simple and is very hard to mess up with Freeze Mage. If you don't get any freeze in your opening hand, mulligan for it.
- Draw cards.
- Freeze everything.
- Laugh your way to victory.
You're given some choices to make during the adventure.
- Turn 1 - Take the mana crystal from Wade Through.
- Turn 2 - I personally just took 5 damage via Walk Across Gingerly, but you can opt for the RNG of 10 damage or no damage. If you take 10, you're still very likely to win - you can always concede and remake if you want.
- Turn 4 - Touch It to restore 10 health. If you aren't at full, you'll be near it.
- Turn 7 - You should be able to handle either option thanks to the power of Freeze Mage. I decided that I was afraid of the darkness and said No Way! to Reno Jackson.
- Mad Scientist is here to help us get our Ice Block onto the field.
- I've opted to include Ice Barrier in the deck just in case you can't draw ice block and have bad luck drawing all your freeze.
- I've included several cards in the deck to draw cards. You don't ever need to use the adventure's methods for extra card draw, always take the other option - Gain Mana Crystal, and Heal 10 Health.
- Doomsayer, a Freeze Mage staple, is a solid addition to the deck. I'd remove the Novice Engineers for it.
- Big Game Hunter can help remove minions. Everything on Heroic is a target for it.
- You really shouldn't need 2x Ice Block, I didn't even need the first one. Can be helpful if RNG screws you over though. If you don't have Ice Block at all, just throw in something else that draws you cards,or a low cost taunt minion.