Alleria's TGT Brawl Deck
This week, Medivh and Alleria are fighting in the name of the Grand Tournament! Alleria's deck is a joust-centric deck which makes use of the new TGT Mechanic, Joust, while her opponent Medivh's deck makes use of the Inspire mechanic.
Playing as Medivh? Check out his guide!
The Joust Mechanic
Alleria's deck makes use of the new Grand Tournament mechanic, Joust. Every time you play a minion with Joust, a minion is revealed from both player's decks and if the Joust initiator has a higher-cost minion, they win and the stated effect will trigger.
This deck unfortunately has less higher-cost cards than Medivh's, but you come out somewhat ahead because Medivh has way more low-cost minions in his deck where you have more low-cost spells.
The following Joust cards are in this deck:
- King's Elekk - Play it early on to forcibly draw minions and to get bodies on the field.
- Armored Warhorse - Definitely want to play these on turn 4 if possible.
- Master Jouster - Excellent trading tool if you can win the joust.
- The Skeleton Knight - Pretty scary value out of this guy if Medivh still has a lot of low-mana minions in his deck by the time it is played.
Your deck is very joust-centric which means you need to keep your high-cost minions in your deck for as long as possible, so we're going to prioritize spells. Alleria has more high cost cards than you do in your deck, so it's a great idea to keep them in there for as long as possible, even if she does have plenty of low-cost minions.
- Bear Trap - Ironfur Grizzly for 2 Mana is awesome value. It can force Medivh to make poor trades, or get rid of that annoying Lowly Squire of his.
- Lock and Load - If going for this, try to also get Hunter's Mark and Arcane Shots for early game Hunter card craziness.
- Animal Companion - Huffer pls
- Arcane Shot - Get rid of annoying Fallen Hero and more.
- Snipe - Excellent removal, you'll need it.
- King's Elekk - Not as consistent as above cards but its pretty solid. Win a joust early on and you'll reap the rewards of a higher cost minion.
Tracking can also be a useful Mulligan but you should resist playing it early on as it will get rid of potentially good high-cost cards which are mandatory for winning Jousts.
Lock and Load + Spells!
Ram Wrangler + Beasts!
Your deck has several beasts in it which means Ram Wrangler has the potential to be a super good Webspinner - one which just tosses the beast onto the field for free. Great way to gain tempo mid-game.
- Fight for board control. Try to plan out for future turns by learning what Medivh has in his deck.
- Joust early, Joust often.