Hey guys Brooklyn here and I`m back to bring you the amazing Dragon Sage Deck! With a really nice Winrate of 72,9% and the simple fact that includes Dragons, you should definitly check it out and leave a 1+!
In deep thankfulness i want to mention here MarineKingHS who helped me alot with the final developing and testing in Legend Ranks! Visit me on twitch.tv/brookandlyn.
This deck is designed to win by establishing board control from early to mid-game and overwhelm your opponent with your high-value Minions. If you get dragged to the very late-game you have Cards like Ysera and Archmage Antonidas to finish the game. Depending on what you are facing there can be minor changes in the Decklist which will be explained in the Spoilers below but keep in mind, this is the standard Decklist on which Tech Cards are build around after.
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 01 (Big Deck playa, overview)
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 02 (vs Ramp Druid)
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 03 (vs Demonlock)
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 04 (vs Aggro Hunter)
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 05 (vs Mech Shaman)
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 06 (vs Mech Mage)
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 07 (vs Midrange Hunter)
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 08 (vs Tempo Mage)
- Season 16 - Dragon Sage - Instructional part 09 (vs Patron Warrior)
Legend Rank and Winrate
You want always want to mulligan for 2x Mana Wyrm, 1x Zombie Chow, 1x Frostbolt, 2x Unstable Portal, 1x Nat Pagle, 1x Flamewaker and be agressive.
In addition, here are some mulligans you want to keep vs specific class:
- Against Mage and Hunter, you want to keep Kezan Mystic if you have included him, but always Acidic Swamp Ooze vs Hunter.
- Against Zoo you want to keep 1x Mind Control Tech.
- Against Paladin keep Flamewaker and/or Mind Control Tech.
- Against Rogue keep Acidic Swamp Ooze, Harrison Jones
- Against Handlock keep Big Game Hunter or Polymorph.
- Against Warrior keep Acidic Swamp Ooze, Flamestrike (if Patron), Harrison Jones.
Card explanations and replacements
- Unstable Portal - Raynad about UP : "A Card which in 90% of the cases instantly wins you the game". Sounds OK i guess and even if its 50% instant win, i`ll take it. Besides that it has Synergy with Archmage Antonidas and Flamewaker.
- Acidic Swamp Ooze - So since I dont run any Water Elementals and Harrison Jones shines best in control Matchups, but I already have quite good draw Mechanics, I prefer Ooze while facing more Hunter. If not, i would suggest Harrison Jones, because his body is stronger and you dont need to be that quick against every other Weapon Class.
- Echo of Medivh - Since this Deck heavily targets Board Control it is the ideal refiller for your Hand! Also it hase nice Synergy with Flamewaker, Mind Control Tech and Mana Wyrm.
- Nat Pagle - Oh that guy is back! He is not just a quite nice draw Engine, even if he ends up dying and being just a 2 Mana Shieldbearer, he absorbed 4 Damage for you and maybe even removals. Yes he can be replaced (Arcane Intellect, Bloodmage Thalnos) but you cannot go fishing then.
- Mind Control Tech - A 3/3 for 3 Mana isnt that good of course but he is the silent Star of this Deck. Nice Synergy with Hungry Dragon, dealing best with Zoo and Paladin and even Dr. Boom for example, makes him overall a pretty solid choice for the Deck. Remember, even if your Opponent doenst play more than 3 Minions all the time you are doing fine because of Hungry Dragon and the fact that Mage does very well against a small number of Minions!
- Toshley - Just a Boss. He deals with every common 5 and 6 Mana Drop, has the incredible Synergy with Flamewaker and Archmage Antonidas, isnt that vulnerable to silence and for the best Part, he kills Emperor Thaurissan. If you are missing him, use Sylvanas Windrunner and Sneed's Old Shredder or Dr. Boom for Archmage Antonidas.
- Fireball - Offers great reach and viable removal so it is a solid choice to include 1x of it. 2x is often a bit too much, especially when you are running also Big Game Hunter.
- Flamewaker - He took the place for Blackwing Technician. Not because they are particular stronger alone, but they have much better Synergy with the current List, are general stronger against Aggro Decks and if comboed, also against Control. A Echo of Medivh on Flamewaker against Control leads sometimes in a instant concede, but if you cant activate them with spells, they are weaker compared to Blackwing Technician. This is why they are both viable.
- Defender of Argus - This card provides great Synergy with your high Value Minions and Mind Control Tech. For me, I often switch between running 2x Sludge Belcher and no Argus or 1x of each. Replace him for Kezan Mystic, if you are running into a lof of Secret heavy Decks.
- Blackwing Corruptor - Fire Elemental for everyone! Sign me in! Absolutly a no-brainer in a Dragon Deck.
Anti aggro Guide!
As many people said they are having problems with aggro Matchups, I decided to go over the List again and considered what Points where actually good criticism and which where simply bullshit. Finally, I made some changes around the Deck which you hopefully find usefull.
These changes where made to acces a better early game and through this Board Control. In addition to that here are Cards I could also recommend for a better Aggro Matchup.
Feel free to add second those Cards for Kezan Mystic, if you dont need her. If this doesn`t suits you, iam maybe overasked here and you have to find your own Card, but in case the changes are still not enough for you, i advice you to stop playing this deck because it is likeley that you are not skilled enough.
If you want to improve, I have also some quick rules for you to to have a better stand in those Matchups.
- Mulligan always agressive and toss everything which doenst make this specific Matchup better
- If it is unlikely your Opponent will play more than 3 Creatures on turn 3/4, play your Mind Control Tech on Turn 3
- Clearing the Board with Spells is often better than putting in presence for yourself because if you can trade in your favour, it is likely that you can drag the game out and by doing that your chance of winning will increase dramatically
- Never keep a Dragon in Hand, even if you have Blackwing Technician
- If you have established Board Control with 2 or more Minions, consider playing Echo of Medivh
- Mulligan for Nat Pagle if you have him but never for Arcane Intellect
- Archmage Antonidas is absolutely great against Hunter
- Playing vs every aggro Deck, trading is a fine option, but vs Hunter dont trade, unless it is absolutely super tempting and at minimum almost perfect. Otherwise chose to go face!
NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED!
Having problems with Aggro? Take a look at the new List and Guide!