Twitch channel - http://www.twitch.tv/freikuk
Updated version! Still decent after all this time :)
UPD 4/18/2016: Got Legend in two days climbing from rank 19 after an 8 months break in Hearthstone.
This is the deck I used to climb to rank 4 legend on EU. It's an old tempo mage deck originally created by Shtan with a few changes to adapt to current meta.
4/12/2015 UPDATE: I JUST GOT #1 LEGEND! Took me 8 wins in a row from rank 8!
Stats from rank 190 to 4:
The stats to rank 1 legend: 26-1
Current stats, as I'm playing everyday to keep my position in top 5:
- Mana Wyrm: Strong 1-manacost minion, good against all kinds of decks. Cannot be replaced.
- Mad Scientist: One of the "perfectly balanced" cards in game. Cannot be replaced.
- Sorcerer's Apprentice: Has a great synergy with cheap spells.
- Unstable Portal: Amazing card. Buffs Mana Wyrm and can be played cheaper with Sorcerer's Apprentice. The chances of getting a decent minion are quite high.
- Flamecannon: Very strong early game removal. Gains huge tempo when played along with Sorcerer's Apprentice on turn 3.
- Frostbolt: No need to explain this card.
- Counterspell: Very good secret against most of the decks that are played in current meta. Worst case scenario when it comes out of Mad Scientist and your opponent still has the coin. It's disappointing but there is nothing you can do about it. Other than that it's okay to burn any opponent's spell.
- Mirror Entity: Amazing secret for any tempo deck, needs to be played out of Mad Scientist or with Kirin Tor Mage for maximum value.
- Kirin Tor Mage: Many people doubt this card but I think it's pretty good to have one, since there are 3 secrets in deck and you will not be getting them out of mad scientists all the time.
- Piloted Shredder: No need to explain, strong 4-manacost minion.
- Kezan Mystic: Insane card, helps sooo much against aggro decks like face hunter or mech mage.
- Fireball: No need to explain, an autoinclude card in any mage deck.
- Loatheb: Great card. Shuts your opponents spells and has good stats - must have.
- Sludge Belcher: No need to explain how good this card is.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: One of the best cards in the game. Can put your opponent in an awkward position, force him to make an unfavourable trade. Cannot be replaced efficiently.
- Dr. Boom: Blizzard fix this one please.
- Ragnaros the Firelord: Can snipe out a big minion or deal 8 damage to the face. Cannot be replaced efficiently.
- Kel'Thuzad: Most of the time you're the one who controls the board so this card can provide an insane value plus its BGH-immune.
If you have any questions about muligans, some match ups or replacements - feel free to ask in the comment section.