I've been laddering with this deck today for a several hours and changed a few cards:
Trogg -> Dr. Boom
Piloted Sky Golem -> Light of the Naaru
Holy Nova -> Lightbomb
All the changes are due to increased activity of aggro decks at the start of the ladder. Dr boom is better than trogg vs aggro. Light of the naaru is a good tempo heal, and removing one 6 drop (sky golem) makes our hand less clunky. I also found that changing one holy nova for lightbomb helps as 2dmg aoe board clear just doesn't cut it sometimes.
Here's the most recent run:
The original post (31/02/15)
Hi guys Jessica there. I've been a frequent legend player and first time managed to do it with control priest.
So I've been climbing with this deck for the past couple of days (from rank 5) and the undertaker nerf finally gave me the kick to push for legend.
This decks absolutely MURDERS handlocks, warriors, midrange paladins (look at winrates) and other control decks.
2x swd, voljin, mind control + endless big threats = RIP in piece all other control decks.
It has great matchup vs midrange / aggro decks as well thanks to pyromancer, 2x nova, auch combo etc. You just wipe the board and drop big stuff ezpz. As you can see all matchups are at least 50%. Overall winrate is 70+%
How to mulligan:
1. Mulligan for: cleric, cultist, injured, pyromancer, smite and auchenai
2. If you have 2 of injured/cultist/pyro/auchenai you can discard one of them
3. If you have one of those: injured, cleric, auchenai then don't discard circle of healing
4. Dark cultist is usually better 3 drop than injured unless you have circle combo.
5. Circle + injured is MVP vs priest / druid. (they can't remove it)
6. Keep Power world shield if you already have cleric/pyro
7. Keep harrison vs warrior and pally
8. Keep SWD vs handlock
1. Why no Dr boom / rag?
What I noticed is that every time I would drop rag/boom it would get automatically killed by BGH. I found that trogg/sneeds/ysera are much more sticky.
2. Why pyro instead of shrinkmeister?
Because midrange decks are still a thing. You need something to clear the board vs unleash the dudes, mech mage and occasional zoo.
3. Wallet priest fag die
mad? RIP in pepperonis undertaker.