Mulligan for the early game cards, if you are lucky try for Innervate + 4Drop. At the very start you must play strong to keep the board as clean as posible, Mech Mages are the new cancer so, use the Faerie Dragon to clean efficiently, perhaps playing Loot Hoarder might be good too, but paladins deal very well with him. Try to keep 3 minions to be ready for Savage Roar and finish the game. Usually Zombie Chow lives for two or three turns, so trade with him as well with Piloted Shredder. Keep your spell removal in your hand and use it just when you're killing a lot of minions (2-3), Big Game Hunter must be used to kill the obnoxious Dr. Boom or early Giant, remember, you've not much time to beat control decks, keep playing minions as fast as posible.
Problems with weapons? I don't think so, Acidic Swamp Ooze help us to dodge pain (Hunters) and bad trades for any weapon (Pally), you can't waste this, try to save it for Paladin/Warrior as well Lord Jaraxxus and Doomhammer are excellent targets. Arcane Nullifier X-21 is a very good card at dodging spell removals like Fireball, Frostbolt, Hunter's Mark etc...
Try to get this cards as soon as posible, this is a budget version, so it really decreases the potential if you don't have the main cards.
- Big Game Hunter ≈ Mind Control Tech, you know, when Dr. Boom appears puts on play 3 minions, so if he has another additional, you could be lucky.
Now, if you have the key for the combo; Force of Nature, I think you should play it, take out Poison Seeds or Defender of Argus, you'll need draw power, Acolyte of Pain or Nourish could work well if you haven't Ancient of Lore. So if you have more expensive cards make the standard combo version.
- Kezan Mystic should be included if you're facing +75% Mech Mages
- Acolyte of Pain might be inclded if you're facing +75% Paladins
- Antique Healbot is here because the retard burst we see at nowadays.
- Jeeves is very dangerous, but c'mon we need serious draw power to face this meta.
- Mind Control Tech basic to control Paladin's spam and overextended opponents.