"Have you ever met the League of Explorers? Nice folks. Great hats." ~Bob
This is the deck that i use to get legend every month. The main strategy is simple: just survive or disturb anything that your opponent tries to do. I've played this deck for like 4 months and after some training, the average WR on D5-Legend is 65%. But firstly, let me introduce our well known explorers (i mean why they're here).
Reno Jackson is quite obvious. You don't die to aggro and he's the absolute core of the deck, he never fails you and he's like your brother. No words could express how great is this card. There would be no hearthstone without Reno Jackson for me.
Elise Starseeker is not that needed but she is actually quite useful. I play her mostly because she's just the last explorer and she is a nice card. The truth is she literally won me the game (fast Golden Monkey into Mojomaster Zihi against ready to kill Mechathun Warlock) but it happens almost never in this meta so i would say it's more just a fun card, just add some tech card if you don't wanna play it. Although in the hard lategame when you're fighting to the last card, she creates that additional value out of useless in the endgame cards.
If there will be 10 upvotes i will write all matchups full of useful tips, but there must be any interest. (AMP/Mozaki fucker, Secret fucker, Reno Priest, Big Priest, Celestial Druid, Can't Play Anything Paladin and more, Shurloc Maman and more)
- AMP; The main strategy against it is to play Dirty Rat (especially with Brann Bronzebeard or Zola the Gorgon) and kill anything you pull out right away. Usually if you do this right, the game is over but look out, you have to correctly judge when to do this. If you don't kill Flamewaker, they kill you. If you wait too long for Brann, they can kill you (even on turn 5 and this is just fucking not funny!). Another way is just surviving their 50 dmg combo. If you can play your cards so you can gain armor then do it. Also try to develop tempo so he could lose his spells and try to keep wide board so Flamewakers kill your minions and not you. On turn 5, if they have 9 cards, play Zephrys the Great into King Mukla and burn them something.
- Mozaki; Similar strategy but less board and more armor (much more armor). I'm not sure if this is a rule but i feel like AMPs play Runed Orb more likely so probably that's how you can know what you're facing earlier.
- Secret; The best strategy here is to play Supercollider cause they very likely have right minions next to each other (if they have only one then Dirty Rat is an option), then, when they lost their tempo, heal up with Reno Jackson. Keep in mind, if they have Explosive Runes, and you play Lord Barov, you clear their board. Also remember that they always, seriously always , have those two fucking Fireballs when your health is something like 12. Secret Eater or that new 3 mana card are totally ok in this deck if you have troubles with this deck.
- Secret: This deck is so annoying cause if they play that fucker Nerub'ar Weblord with Oh My Yogg! [/card]then you're done, couse you can do nothing. The strategy is to just play whatever you have on hand with battlecry as fast as you can. Don't be greedy with Zephrys, just kill one thing with it (especially [card]Crab Rider with Hungry Crab[/card). Secrets are basically [card]Oh My Yogg!, Avenge, Redemption and sometimes Noble Sacrifice. Trigger them if you can, especially Oh My Yogg! with some spell cause later it comes to Brawl into Blessing of Authority:)))
- Odd; It's not that bad matchup. Look out for Quartermaster and without crappy draw you should be fine
- Big; If they play Shadow Visions on turn 2 it's 80% for big priest. Play Cornerd Sentry as fast as you can but don't let him shuffle raptors to your deck with Psychic Scream. If Shadow Essence gives them Srapyard Colossus, then Hex him with Zephrys. Zephrys doesn't give you Hex if minion doesn't have deathrattle so keep that in mind. Try to not kill his first things but Hex them or steal with Silas Darkmoon (if you can of course).
- Reno; The Curator draws cards in the order that's given so don't burn Sir Finley Mrrgglton. Nice thing is you can play Grizzled Wizard The Curator and Finley on the same turn. Unfortunately now they are clever and play Zephrys the Great into new Lord Jaraxxus so keep that in mind. Play Dirty Rat after he turns into DK hoping for Shadow Spawn. Gain as much armor as you can.
- Murloc; Zephrys the Great into Hungry Crab on turn 3 and you're totally fine. The most important turns here are 1-5. Just try to kill all murlocs right away then and without very crappy draw there shouldn't be any problem.
- Celestial; it's not that easy matchup. There are two ways to win here. Dirty Rat into their win-condition (King Toggwagle or Malygos), or after Celestial Alignment just try to crush him with Dragonqueen Alextrasza or Rattlegore as fast as you can.
- Token; If they don't summon full board of crap on turn 1, then you should be fine. Look out for Nerub'ar Weblord and don't be greedy with Lord Barov.
Reno; Try to kill him before N'zoth or DK. Rattlegore is very useful here. Hex or steal his big demons.
I don't say it's a free win against meta but i think this is the best answer for them i can give you. After i've gained some experience with this deck, i was able to win freaking 12 in a row and this is what i wish you. Goodluck!