An update to a version of the Shudderwock combo for the new expansion. Some Shudderwock combos look for infinite value but this one is meant to lock up your opponent's hand and ultimately make them wish they never played HS in the first place.
The Core combo is Shudderwock, Saronite Chain Gang and Grumble, Worldshaker. It's also the trigger order, meaning if you play Shudderwock for the first time and Grumble triggers first, you can just rage quit and try again.
The rest of the deck consists of battlecry minions, draw cards, and hard/AoE removal to keep you going (exception being Healing Rain). In the end, the goal is to keep your opponent from doing anything with their hand once you Shudderwock and the most important battlecries to pull this off are King Mukla, Loatheb, Dirty Rat, and Boompistol Bully. King Mukla will fill your opponent with bananas. Loatheb will make any spell including those bananas unplayable. Dirty Rat will pull any minions so they can hold onto more bananas and Boompistol Bully is a backup so no battlecry minions can be played (sorry Old Gods).
So that's the idea: your opponent will have 10+ mana banana hand and mill everything else.
The new cards included from this expansion are Alexstrasza the Life-Binder and the Firemancer Flurgl / Toxfin board removal combo. Alex is great for healing or hard removal and once in Shudderwock combo, it safely heals you while also potentially clearing minions or hitting face for 8. Fire / Tox is just too good not to include for a 3 mana board clear so it stays. Ideally, do this with Dirty Rat for extra embarrassment.
Other notable cards:
- Corrupt the Waters obviously gives you extra value with all the battlecry minions you will run. Tour Guide will make sure it's free as well when you double up on Shudderwock later.
- This is still a Reno variant so Reno Jackson is here to keep you alive forever.
- As I mentioned, lots of good card draw that won't trigger during Shudderwock and Ice Fishing is particularly good for pulling the exact board clear combo if you need it.
- Secrets are everywhere, you need Eater of Secrets.
- Earth Revenant is a new card but not core to winning. It does do a good job chipping at any minions on board. Same with Lifedrinker but for face.
The rest is pretty self-explanatory. I've played this a bit in Diamond 5 Wild and it holds up. I don't have a deck tracker to tell you how much but around 40-50% is my guess which is enough to get by. If anyone reads this, let me know how it went for you and how you'd improve this.
<input id="hippowiz-ass-injected" type="hidden" value="true" /><input id="hvmessage-toextension-listener" type="hidden" value="none" />