I will update the description after I noticed that this deck has been chosen as part of the weekly home-page featured decks , which is really amazing, so thanks for the viewship!
Ok first of all a quick summary. So I have never bothered grinding to Legend at all in either formats ever since I was playing Hearthstone (all way back to GvG), but with the achievements there I decided to give it a crack with both formats.
Now what if you are not at D5 yet? I recommend that you go with an aggressive style deck, to climb to D5 I used Toxic Hunter (a me go face approach with Toxic Reinforcements & Knife Vendor), you can look up any deck that uses both these cards. The reason for starting with aggro deck is obviously because you want fast games and make use of the win streak bonus stars. But once you cement at D5 you just want to increase your chances of winning each game.
Reasoning for card choices:
- Heavy Demons list apart from Y'Shaarj, the Defiler. So you can almost guarantee that you pull cheap demons with Free Admission.
- C'Thun, the Shattered: I like that he can activate your Cascading Disaster corruption, and also an alternative winning condition + board clear + removal. You're not diluting the deck much because you are still pulling minions with The Dark Portal and Free Admission.
- Imprisoned Vilefiend: I like the fact that its dormant with rush, meaning you get the choice to interact with it before your opponent. Can be a life saver vs aggro due to guaranteeing a Man'ari Mosher combo for health gain + removal.
- The Dark Portal: Pulling Tickatus with this is just broken and almost a win, its literally the dream.
- All those Soul Fragment cards but no Soulciologist Malicia? This helps with three things:
- Mirror Match: Their Tickatus can end up hitting your Soul Fragment and not burning anything worthwhile.
- Free Admission will still mostly pick up Demons.
- Health management, board clears, etc... all essential against aggro decks.
To be honest I can't think of any deck that gave me any problems, it was really a good breeze of win streaks. I stuck at D1 for some time yo-yo between stars but that's because of mirror or unfortunate draw streak.
Any questions or feedback please leave in comment section, much appreciated. If this decks gets more views and upvotes I will right up about Mulligan phase.
For Wild Legend Climb: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1377737-d5-to-wild-legend-guaranteed